• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Red Wings Target Mike Green

Rate this topic

agreed

tatar has already shown this kind of attitude in the past. i could see him pricing himself out of Detroit in the future if he is still with us, especially with holland and his hometown discount attitude. i don't think tatar would go for that

He already said he wants market value on this contract. So like I said, no problem with trading Tatar for green.

agreed

tatar has already shown this kind of attitude in the past. i could see him pricing himself out of Detroit in the future if he is still with us, especially with holland and his hometown discount attitude. i don't think tatar would go for that

I'm less worried about someone like Tatar pricing themselves out of Detroit so much as Tatar wanting to go to a team that has a better chance at winning. If people outside of the organization don't want to come here, why would guys want to stay here, just because we develop them? I don't think that's going to carry as much weight when they're not being developed and brought into a system where they have as good of a shot at really winning as they once did.

Please note though that I'm not saying that I support the idea of trading him. I really don't know what to think about this. I think I'd prefer Holland do nothing at this point honestly, as it seems like every deal he does make turns to s*** fast.

I'm having trouble understanding why the universal thought is that the price for Mike Green is generally pretty high.

If they are indeed asking for what others have suggested....

Why does Washington think they can reel in a high end, young, NHL-ready talent, a top prospect, and a high round pick for a guy who's value has dipped GREATLY, has one year left on his contract, and, from the structure of their team, is expendable?

When Spezzas and Keslers are being traded for the returns they got, that seems highly unreasonable even considering different positions are being compared as well as the manufactured value of a right handed d-man.

I'm having trouble understanding why the universal thought is that the price for Mike Green is generally pretty high.

If they are indeed asking for what others have suggested....

Why does Washington think they can reel in a high end, young, NHL-ready talent, a top prospect, and a high round pick for a guy who's value has dipped GREATLY, has one year left on his contract, and, from the structure of their team, is expendable?

When Spezzas and Keslers are being traded for the returns they got, that seems highly unreasonable even considering different positions are being compared as well as the manufactured value of a right handed d-man.

Bingo

Why Washington thinks they can get a player like Tatar? Because of this :

Only problem is I don't think Washington will do it. This team has the chance to get both of their PP-Units run by a (proven) QB. Thats an asset not many teams have and will/would make the Caps a dangerous opponent to play against. I don't think that Tatar would make up for that.

They can still fit Green under their cap and they have the rooster space. I don't think he's as expandable as everyone is making him and that will result in a higher price.

Edited by derblaueClaus

Why Washington thinks they can get a player like Tatar? Because of this :

They can still fit Green under their cap and they have the rooster space. I don't think he's as expandable as everyone is making him and that will result in a higher price.

Supposedly they'd look to use the cap money to acquire a second line center, since they don't currently have one. From what I hear that's the reason behind trying to free up the money. If they were all set at forward, I think you're right, there would be no need to trade him.

I read somewhere that they are only looking for two bottom 6ers with aprox. 2 Mil. left. But I'm admittedly not that much into the Caps. We'll then see I guess.

Yeah, the lost Ribiero as their #2 center two years ago, and replaced him with Grabovski (who walked this year). They don't have a #2. Or at least not a legit one.

It would be very unwise to trade Jurco. He's the only top six potential guy with size. I'm sure holland wouldn't trade him for that reason

Totally agree. Too much potential to trade him. I really do think the most tradable asset we have is Tatar, as far as players go for teams wanting a player that can be put in their lineup right away. I'd love to see Tatar remain a Wing no doubt, but in the end the team does need to get bigger, and if Tatar can be packaged for a legit top 4 righty, I think it would be foolish to not do so. Of course this is assuming the right deal is made.