• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#221 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

We seem to be trapped with an endless supply of future stars that never play for the Wings yet are untouchable entities for trading to make the team better every year and a GM constantly in

need of making a trade and kicking the tires yet never pulls a trigger. I personally think we need a GM that can evaluate the guys we will build around and weed out some of the lesser talent to

make the team competitive to hoist a cup or two in the near term.

Soooo you'd trade Tatar or Jurco for Green?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#222 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'd do Jurco for Green + Pick. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#223 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

I really enjoy watching Wings games but don't stay up enough to properly evaluate some of the young talent like some around here. We've needed some solid defensemen for 3 or 4 years now to be a true contender

and it just never seems to happen. I like the fact we have tons of junior talent and a glut of forwards but Kenny needs to decide who is trade bait and pull the trigger on a couple defensemen that can make a difference

if he is going to continue to fail in FA. I hear some of the same names year after year after year in our system and they just never seem to translate to functional players. Last year at the start of the season people

were telling me Nyquist needed more time in GR, in fact he just needed to play. I'm not sure Green is the guy but its clear our defense as is will hold this team back and we are going no where fast.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#224 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'd tradeTatar for Green, as I have a feeling he'll be a guy who lives for big money first chance he gets. Jurco should not be touched. 

#225 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

I'd tradeTatar for Green, as I have a feeling he'll be a guy who lives for big money first chance he gets. Jurco should not be touched. 

agreed

tatar has already shown this kind of attitude in the past. i could see him pricing himself out of Detroit in the future if he is still with us, especially with holland and his hometown discount attitude. i don't think tatar would go for that

#226 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

agreed

tatar has already shown this kind of attitude in the past. i could see him pricing himself out of Detroit in the future if he is still with us, especially with holland and his hometown discount attitude. i don't think tatar would go for that

He already said he wants market value on this contract. So like I said, no problem with trading Tatar for green.

#227 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

agreed

I'm less worried about someone like Tatar pricing themselves out of Detroit so much as Tatar wanting to go to a team that has a better chance at winning. If people outside of the organization don't want to come here, why would guys want to stay here, just because we develop them? I don't think that's going to carry as much weight when they're not being developed and brought into a system where they have as good of a shot at really winning as they once did.

Please note though that I'm not saying that I support the idea of trading him. I really don't know what to think about this. I think I'd prefer Holland do nothing at this point honestly, as it seems like every deal he does make turns to s*** fast. 

-Elliot

#228 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

I'd part with Jurco for Green.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#229 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'd do Tatar, 2nd/3rd, and Kindl (they're going to have to take on some salary to get a higher pick) for Green and a 6th/7th. Seems fair given that Tatar can produce and the Caps will probably get a decent pick out of it.

#230 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

Overpayment and not probable imho. Given Tatar is not signed Tatar for Green + cond. high pick sounds fair to me.

But I doubt it will happen.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#231 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Jurco and Kindl for Green and a late pick. Im not a Green fan but he might be the best available. 

#232 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'm having trouble understanding why the universal thought is that the price for Mike Green is generally pretty high.

If they are indeed asking for what others have suggested....

Why does Washington think they can reel in a high end, young, NHL-ready talent, a top prospect, and a high round pick for a guy who's value has dipped GREATLY, has one year left on his contract, and, from the structure of their team, is expendable?

When Spezzas and Keslers are being traded for the returns they got, that seems highly unreasonable even considering different positions are being compared as well as the manufactured value of a right handed d-man.

#233 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'm having trouble understanding why the universal thought is that the price for Mike Green is generally pretty high.

If they are indeed asking for what others have suggested....

Why does Washington think they can reel in a high end, young, NHL-ready talent, a top prospect, and a high round pick for a guy who's value has dipped GREATLY, has one year left on his contract, and, from the structure of their team, is expendable?

When Spezzas and Keslers are being traded for the returns they got, that seems highly unreasonable even considering different positions are being compared as well as the manufactured value of a right handed d-man.

Bingo

#234 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

Why Washington thinks they can get a player like Tatar? Because of this :

Only problem is I don't think Washington will do it. This team has the chance to get both of their PP-Units run by a (proven) QB. Thats an asset not many teams have and will/would make the Caps a dangerous opponent to play against. I don't think that Tatar would make up for that.

They can still fit Green under their cap and they have the rooster space. I don't think he's as expandable as everyone is making him and that will result in a higher price.

Edited by derblaueClaus, 12 July 2014 - 11:49 AM.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#235 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

He already said he wants market value on this contract. So like I said, no problem with trading Tatar for green.

Market value?  How dare he!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#236 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Market value?  How dare he!

If I was him and I just saw what Quincey got I think I'd ask for 6+ million, the same goes for DeKeyser, no way I'd sign for less than KFQ if I'm him.

#237 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Why Washington thinks they can get a player like Tatar? Because of this :
They can still fit Green under their cap and they have the rooster space. I don't think he's as expandable as everyone is making him and that will result in a higher price.

Supposedly they'd look to use the cap money to acquire a second line center, since they don't currently have one.  From what I hear that's the reason behind trying to free up the money.  If they were all set at forward, I think you're right, there would be no need to trade him. 

#238 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

I read somewhere that they are only looking for two bottom 6ers with aprox. 2 Mil. left. But I'm admittedly not that much into the Caps. We'll then see I guess.

Edited by derblaueClaus, 12 July 2014 - 03:50 PM.

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#239 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

I read somewhere that they are only looking for two bottom 6ers with aprox. 2 Mil. left. But I'm admittedly not that much into the Caps. We'll then see I guess.

Yeah, the lost Ribiero as their #2 center two years ago, and replaced him with Grabovski (who walked this year).  They don't have a #2.  Or at least not a legit one. 

#240 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

It would be very unwise to trade Jurco. He's the only top six potential guy with size. I'm sure holland wouldn't trade him for that reason