• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#41 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'd be ok with giving up Backman or Jensen and Ferraro and a 3rd for a year of Green. Possibly resign him if he really impresses.

#42 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

A decent prospect or two and a 2nd or 3rd round pick will likely get this done if two prospects and a first got Iginla as a rental.  Pulkkinen (or Backman) and either A) a 2nd round pick, or B) a 3rd plus Callahan or Ferraro, would get this deal done. 

Those would be fair. I could also see Pulkkinen + Jensen + 2nd/3rd.

I just wouldn't be that surprised to see Tatar traded either.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#43 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'd be ok with giving up Backman or Jensen and Ferraro and a 3rd for a year of Green. Possibly resign him if he really impresses.

Well he would have to waive his NTC to come here so if we did make the trade he would, at least on some level, want to be a wing. I think it would be very likely he would re-sign with us after one year. Detroit may not be the top destination for UFA's any more but we def don't have problems keeping guys here once they play here.

#44 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Hell, sweeten the pot and give them Glendening or Andersson for the trouble and you might bring the price down a little more. 

Fact is, they'd be helping us out by trading us Green.  But we'll be helping them too.  He's expensive, his cost/benefit ratio is probably not better than their other top four defensemen, and they need forwards that they don't have money for.  If they can get a decent prospect or two and a pick OR a low end (cheap) roster player and a decent prospect, they'll be making out.  If they expect to get an up and coming roster player (Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco) or a top end prospect (Mantha, Sproul, Ouellet) they'ref****** nuts. 

Those would be fair. I could also see Pulkkinen + Jensen + 2nd/3rd.

I just wouldn't be that surprised to see Tatar traded either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded either.  But if he was traded for Mike Green on an expiring contract then Ken Holland should be drawn, quartered, burned, buried, exhumed, drawn, quartered, and burned again for being af****** toolbox. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

i dont give a f*** what kind of points he can put up when he cant play defense. 

we have enough guys that play too much defense already, we need someone to get the puck out, and what difference does it make that he isn't great defensively if he is rarely in his own end anyway? Rafalski was terrible defensively, yet we all loved him, and we need another guy like that. Green is a notch above rafalski IMO

#46 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

No way Pulk is involved. Give up the ONLY heavy shooting righty in the system for Mike Green???

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#47 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

No way Pulk is involved. Give up the ONLY heavy shooting righty in the system for Mike Green???

Then who? No team is going to accept any combination of our bottom-tier (Kindl, Andersson, Glendening, Ferraro, Callahan, Jensen) no matter how many of them people want to throw in.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#48 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Then who? No team is going to accept any combination of our bottom-tier (Kindl, Andersson, Glendening, Ferraro, Callahan, Jensen) no matter how many of them people want to throw in.

cleary... if only we still had emdog.. lol seriously though, I would be ok with trading tatar, it would be fair and make both teams better

#49 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

I am going to say it again. I would much rather include Tatar over Pulkkinen in any trade. Tatar has much more value in a trade right now and I think Pulkkinen, if he reaches his potential, would have more value to us in the future.

#50 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Kindl, Lashoff, and Andersson should get it done. Other teams love our spare parts. We're the freakin red wings after all.

#51 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

cleary... if only we still had emdog.. lol seriously though, I would be ok with trading tatar, it would be fair and make both teams better

You'd move Tatar for a rental player who'll give you less than 50 pts.?  Would you have moved him for Legwand last year?  At least that rental gives your over 50 pts. 

How is moving a guy who scored 19 goals and 39 pts. as a rookie for a rental with injury problems a fair value? 

I am going to say it again. I would much rather include Tatar over Pulkkinen in any trade. Tatar has much more value in a trade right now and I think Pulkkinen, if he reaches his potential, would have more value to us in the future.

That's fine, but given that Tatar has "more value" don't you think you should ask for something worth that value? 

As I said before, if Iginla went for a 1st and two guys who never played regularly in the NHL, what do you think a guy who just had a better rookie season that Datsyuk would bring in return?  If your best answer is Mike Green you have incredibly low standards. 

You don't have to keep Tatar, but don't give thef****** guy away for a 2nd pairing d-man with injury problems. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#52 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

You'd move Tatar for a rental player who'll give you less than 50 pts.?  Would you have moved him for Legwand last year?  At least that rental gives your over 50 pts. 

How is moving a guy who scored 19 goals and 39 pts. as a rookie for a rental with injury problems a fair value? 

That's fine, but given that Tatar has "more value" don't you think you should ask for something worth that value? 

As I said before, if Iginla went for a 1st and two guys who never played regularly in the NHL, what do you think a guy who just had a better rookie season that Datsyuk would bring in return?  If your best answer is Mike Green you have incredibly low standards. 

You don't have to keep Tatar, but don't give thef****** guy away for a 2nd pairing d-man with injury problems. 

a 56 point season followed by two 70+ point seasons, one which he scored 31 goals, and yes he has had some injury issues since, but from everything i've seen/read he is healthy now and probably wants to prove he is still elite. yes I would trade tatar, first off as you mentioned green will get you MORE points as a rh DEFENSEMAN than Tatar will as a forward. He IS what we need on the back end, and if thatis what it will take, then so be it. You cant expect to trade 4th liners for a top 2 dman. Sorry but that is ridiculous, and Green is worth the gamble.

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

How about Helm and Kindl straight up?  Sign Morris, have two RH d-men, waive Lashoff, #kfq is your 7th guy...

Kronwall - Green

Smith - Dekeyser

Ericsson - Morris

#kfq

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#54 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

a 56 point season followed by two 70+ point seasons, one which he scored 31 goals, and yes he has had some injury issues since, but from everything i've seen/read he is healthy now and probably wants to prove he is still elite. yes I would trade tatar, first off as you mentioned green will get you MORE points as a rh DEFENSEMAN than Tatar will as a forward. He IS what we need on the back end, and if thatis what it will take, then so be it. You cant expect to trade 4th liners for a top 2 dman. Sorry but that is ridiculous, and Green is worth the gamble.

Green is much more of a gamble than Tatar at this point. Is rather not move Tats and multiple other pieces for Green.

#55 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

also iginla was much older, and no longer in his prime... so that is not a good comparison at all, also a forward no dman. try comparing apples to apples, instead of apples to car parts

This team needs a shake up, it has become to complacent. Too many guys think they are "untouchable" and have been lackluster, for the most part. this is exactly the type of move we need to make, we can replace Tatars points, we have enough top 6 potential in GR that one or two guys easily could replicate what we lose in tatar, I love Tatar, but I like Nyquist more.

#56 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Relax Kip, if you go back and re-read everything I've said about Green, I've said several times that I wouldn't part with any of our top players or prospects, including Tatar. There is no way Green on an expiring contract is worth that. I just stated to the people that would be offering up Pulkkinen, I would think twice about trading him away...

#57 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

Relax Kip, if you go back and re-read everything I've said about Green, I've said several times that I wouldn't part with any of our top players or prospects, including Tatar. There is no way Green on an expiring contract is worth that. I just stated to the people that would be offering up Pulkkinen, I would think twice about trading him away...

I think he was talking to me. I was the one saying I would be willing to move Tatar for Green

maybe not, he did quote you lol

#58 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, I said I would rather include Tatar over Pulkkinen in "any" trade and I guess he took it as I would include Tatar in a trade for Green, which I wouldn't by the way, unless we already worked out an extension and it was significantly lower than his current $6+ million...

#59 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

fair point on our defense not knowing how to play defense, green would look at lot better if we didnt have quincey and kindl and 2 shutdown guys

#60 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

ugh mike green SUCKS

Hes injury prone and can't play a lick of defence for his life. Hes better than Kindl but for the cost of 6M and a Holland style trade it is just not worth it in the least. 

WAS has too many defenceman thats why green is on the market. They won't want Kindl or any of our other 5 fringe-NHL defenceman in return, they are going to go after our forward prospects.

Already frustrated at the fact that this will probably happen:

Tatar + 1st + Pulkinnen 

But knowing Holland I'm sure he could pull off something worse

Regarding his offence:

Whens the last time a player came to Detroit having previously put up solid offensive numbers and then continued that production? Hossa comes to mind, but before that? nobody.

Edited by WingsallTheway, 08 July 2014 - 05:43 PM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.