• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#101 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

@ArthurJRegner said #RedWings would like to move players like Landon Ferraro to #Capitals for Mike Green.

Annnnd, there goes that.

Yeah that's reasonable maybe add some low draftpick and see if they accept it.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#102 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Take a chance, been pissing money away anyways the last few years
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#103 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

It's almost like they're negotiating.  Like, one side asks for something incredibly high.  And then the other side counters with something incredibly low.  And then they eventually work their way toward something palpable for each side.  Hmmm....

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#104 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

I would think they'd like to send some salary back to Washington..even if it's just a mil or 2

#105 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Would rather move Jurco than Nyquist or Tatar

#106 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

If it's truly a salary dump, then Ferraro and a pick should do it...no higher than a 4th though, not in this deep draft.  If they are going to be allowed to rape us (as per Gary Bettman) then I say screw it, no deal.  LIke I said, I really don't want to give up any prospect, but if Ferraro gets it done...that would suck for him though, I know he knows its a business, but it sucks to put your time in and then get traded...but then again, if he gets to the NHL with Washington, there is definitely no room for him here this year,plus being out of exemptions... Mike Green better turn out what we need and he better re-sign.  You think we could throw #kfq in for good measure? :lol:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#107 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

@ArthurJRegner said #RedWings would like to move players like Landon Ferraro to #Capitals for Mike Green.

Annnnd, there goes that.

If Holland is able to trade for Green with Ferraro being the centerpiece and some draft picks I will renounce my will for him to be fired.

#108 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

How do people not see how special this Jurco kid is going to be? He has a much higher ceiling than Tatar and I would possibly even consider trading Nyquist before Jurco. Kid is going to be unreal.

#109 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

How do people not see how special this Jurco kid is going to be? He has a much higher ceiling than Tatar and I would possibly even consider trading Nyquist before Jurco. Kid is going to be unreal.

A lot of people like Tatar over Jurco because he has already shown he is capable of being a good player whereas Jurco projects to be a good player. A lot of people live in the here and now. I think it would be incredibly stupid if Holland got rid of either one.

#110 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

^This, as much as I love Tatar and Nyquist, in reality Jurco has a higher ceiling than either, plus he has size and enough aggressiveness to use it effectively. I really don't think any of the three should be considered as part of a deal for an expiring contract, and I think both sides know that. Like someone said, Andersson, Ferraro, and a conditional pick should get this deal done, Andersson is the odd man out in our logjam at center, Ferraro doesn't have much of a chance of cracking the 23 man roster and has a better than 50/50 chance of getting claimed off waivers for nothing, and a 3rd rounder that turns into a second rounder in 2016 if Green re-signs with us. With as many lopsided deals as we've been on the wrong end of lately, it would be nice to get a fair deal like this for a change.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#111 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

I would take some people's opinions with a grain of salt on here. Some users just a few days ago were talking about trading Datsyuk and Zetterberg, I won't mention any names but I'm sure we know the usual suspects.

#112 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

I want another Cup with Z and D. Jurco's, what, 21? It'll probably be a couple years before he breaks out, and that's if he breaks out at all. We'd all like to see him become the next Hossa or Lucic, but that's probably not happening any time soon if at all. Not that I'd necessarily move him for Green. But, Nyquist is arguably a 30-goal scorer right now, and Tatar is arguably right there with him. Jurco's less of a "sure thing." It's certainty we're after. Green is a known. He's proven. We need someone like him, this season.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#113 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Yes Dabura, let's mortgage the future. For what? A year of Green? No, thanks!

Jurco, in my mind is much more of a sure thing than either of Nyquist or Tatar. You're right he is 21, 2-3 years younger than either of the other guys, and has accomplished much more than either at the same age. I'm not saying we should trade any of these guys, because I would be crushed if we lost Nyquist or Tatar but if I were to say that only one is untouchable, it would without question be Jurco, hands down...

I'm not worried though, Jurco isn't going anywhere.

#114 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

It's almost like they're negotiating.  Like, one side asks for something incredibly high.  And then the other side counters with something incredibly low.  And then they eventually work their way toward something palpable for each side.  Hmmm....

Shhhh. That's crazy talk.

#115 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

I want another Cup with Z and D. Jurco's, what, 21? It'll probably be a couple years before he breaks out, and that's if he breaks out at all. We'd all like to see him become the next Hossa or Lucic, but that's probably not happening any time soon if at all. Not that I'd necessarily move him for Green. But, Nyquist is arguably a 30-goal scorer right now, and Tatar is arguably right there with him. Jurco's less of a "sure thing." It's certainty we're after. Green is a known. He's proven. We need someone like him, this season.

We absolutely, positively, needed a top six center a year ago too.  We got one, for a cost that wasn't worth it, and the move did nothing to help the team.  We need to be wary about how far we're willing to go to fill a need.

I think Mike Green could help.  But I'd be wary about giving too much for him.  Because there's a thin line between need and want.  The Wings have managed quite well without a right shooting PP quarterback in the past, and if the cost is too high they need to be willing to do so again.  Missing out on FA has begun to turn the quest for a right defenseman into something messianic, and that worries me more than spending another down year letting the kids develop.  Hell we've got people clambering for Jurco and/or Tatar to get traded for an expiring contract because we need it so bad.  As if we don't need forwards with size, tenacity, and goal scoring potential, given that our current ones are getting old and injury prone. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#116 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

We absolutely, positively, needed a top six center a year ago too.  We got one, for a cost that wasn't worth it, and the move did nothing to help the team. 

I wouldn't say getting Alfie and Weiss didn't help us last year. Tough to tell when our entire top 6 forwards were hurt at one point of the season or another and many for long stretches.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 09 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#117 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

I wouldn't say getting Alfie and Weiss didn't help us last year. Tough to tell when our entire top 6 forwards were hurt at one point of the season or another and many for long stretches.

I was talking about Legwand, since he's the center we gave up assets to get. 

#118 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

Ferraro has no future here...Glendening and Callahan have passed him in the system so far as 4th "grit" players go...so he'd probably welcome a trade.  If the Caps will take him and a pick (I agree that a 4th or maybe a 3rd) should do it.  If the Caps insist on a guy like Tatar or Jurco, then I'll say no thanks and take my chances that Marchenko is ready to be a puck moving RH defenseman.

#119 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

He meant Legwand, I think.

#120 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

Ferraro has no future here...Glendening and Callahan have passed him in the system so far as 4th "grit" players go...so he'd probably welcome a trade.  If the Caps will take him and a pick (I agree that a 4th or maybe a 3rd) should do it.  If the Caps insist on a guy like Tatar or Jurco, then I'll say no thanks and take my chances that Marchenko is ready to be a puck moving RH defenseman.

traded our 3rd