• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mvanpop

Mike Green to Wings?

Rate this topic

The rumors point towards the red wings acquiring Mike Green. Personally I like this idea because we can get an offensive right handed defensemen for a more affordable rate given his cap hit and Washington's excess of defensemen. We could probably get him for Anderson, Washington needs centers, and a pick. Anyone have some input?

Maybe need to offer kindl or lashoff as well

I can't see the Caps wanting a D in return. Capgeek has 8 D on their roster, plus any prospects who might be ready. Andersson, a second tier prospect, and a mid pick could do it. I don't think Green is worth much more than that.

And we avoid giving them anyone that would be a key contributor to the wings

I can't see the Caps wanting a D in return. Capgeek has 8 D on their roster, plus any prospects who might be ready. Andersson, a second tier prospect, and a mid pick could do it. I don't think Green is worth much more than that.

Green had 9 goals and 29 assists in 70 games this past season. They don't HAVE to move him, and they know we really want him now, so the price tag will be relatively high. They'll want one of Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, or Mantha to start.

Really?

http://msn.foxsports.com/detroit/story/source-defenseman-mike-green-is-wings-top-trade-target-070814

Facts are facts, unless Art is just making it up, which I doubt. Now whether it actually comes true, that's a different story.

Has it happened yet? Keep hoping and waiting friend, you'll be disappointed, it's holland Edited by number9

I don't want Kenny to make any trade... last two were disaster.

After Q and Legwand, thanks but no thanks. Kenny has no skills in trading. See you in summer 2015

I agree with that and you know what makes it worse? Our last two assistant GMs are doing amazing for their new teams: Yzerman and Nill

I don't want Kenny to make any trade... last two were disaster.

After Q and Legwand, thanks but no thanks. Kenny has no skills in trading. See you in summer 2015

I agree with that and you know what makes it worse? Our last two assistant GMs are doing amazing for their new teams: Yzerman and Nill

Let me know when they win a Cup as a GM

It really wouldn't surprise me if those two meet in the Stanley cup finals next season given their strong groups of forwards with solid goaltender's and decent defenses, Tampa bay with an edge in defense and possibly goaltending

They have a combined four years on the job. Stevie's team went to the conference final in that span and Tampa Bay might be the favorite in the East heading into next season. Nill got Dallas into the playoffs in the West and has done a great job adding two huge pieces through trades already.

Holland just continues to make lateral moves since those two have left and the Red Wings have no direction under his leadership. Too bad Holland didn't stick to his word and retire when Nick did, so Nill would have gotten the GM job in Detroit before leaving.

Edited by GoWings1905

They have a combined four years on the job. Stevie's team went to the conference final in that span and Tampa Bay might be the favorite in the East heading into next season. Nill got Dallas into the playoffs in the West and has done a great job adding two huge pieces through trades already.

Holland just continues to make lateral moves since those two have left and the Red Wings have no direction under his leadership. Too bad Holland didn't stick to his word and retire when Nick did, so Nill would have gotten the GM job in Detroit before leaving.

As much as I like Holland because what he's done for the Franchise...i have to agree at this point. He made a lot of mistakes over the last years. He's not willing to take risks. Pav and Z will not play forever. He absolutely missed the opportunity to give the youth a chance and add the missing pieces to form a team that can make a push for the cup...

Franchise players are not cheap and they're hard to get. Big trades are always a risk. To trust young players by giving them fixed roster spots is also a risk. But just by resigning and overpaying your useless veterans, you probably won't be able to win anything...

I think we need to wait a couple of years to assess the job Nill does in Dallas. He appears to be turning around the franchise, and I think he will, but at this point all they have done results wise since he got there was capture 8th seed.

Tampa Bay I do no believe is a favourite in the East. Last year Ben Bishop had the season of his career, I see him being good, but not that good. Without hi playing like a vezina caliber goalie, we saw how good they were in the playoffs.