I agree

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#22 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Unless there is another Lockout around the corner this should handcuff the Hawks pretty badly. If I got my math right thats over 25% (close to a third) of their current capspace tied into these two players.

Cap is gonna keep going up. These contracts won't be bad in 3 years time

#23 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

When it happens (goes up significantly) I'll believe it.

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

BFFS

Patrick-Kane-partying.jpg

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

I don't think this is going to handcuff the Blackhawks longterm. Was Kane worth 10,5 for 8 years ? No but everyone knows Buffalo would have thrown the bank at him so goes for Winnipeg and Toews. Toews is easily worth that much, other than Crosby and Stamkos nobody is better than him not even Kopitar and I really love that guy (hardworking physical presence everytime he's on the ice).

These two are the cornerstones of the Blackhawks and the funny thing is, some people (Blackhawks forum) still don't understand the differense between pre and post lockout caphits . Both haven given discounts of 1,5 mill per that's a lot of money almost 4 liner...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#26 GoOzzieGo

GoOzzieGo

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

Unless there is another Lockout around the corner this should handcuff the Hawks pretty badly. If I got my math right thats over 25% (close to a third) of their current capspace tied into these two players.

Seems like I've been hearing this for years about how teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh are going to be in cap trouble and yet every year, they seem to be able to ice a better team than us.

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

How is Zetterberg not a superstar? Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

When I think of superstars, I tend to think of the guys the average fan would list straight off the top of his or her head. I don't know that Z is on that list, if we're being absolutely honest. Even if he is, that gives us two superstars. My original point was that we're not loaded with superstars, and the - let's say two - we have are the undisputed veteran leaders. So, ultimate point being, we don't have much to brag about, in terms of "Ha! The Blackhaws can't manage their team of stars - but we can!" The Blackhawks are arguably the best team in the league, full of premier talents.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

I don't think this is going to handcuff the Blackhawks longterm. Was Kane worth 10,5 for 8 years ? No but everyone knows Buffalo would have thrown the bank at him so goes for Winnipeg and Toews. Toews is easily worth that much, other than Crosby and Stamkos nobody is better than him not even Kopitar and I really love that guy (hardworking physical presence everytime he's on the ice).

These two are the cornerstones of the Blackhawks and the funny thing is, some people (Blackhawks forum) still don't understand the differense between pre and post lockout caphits . Both haven given discounts of 1,5 mill per that's a lot of money almost 4 liner...

I think Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are all better. Neither Kane or Toews is even a ppg player. The fact that they were asking $12 million/year is selfish and un classy and I hope it really handcuffs them going forward

#29 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

I think Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are all better. Neither Kane or Toews is even a ppg player. The fact that they were asking $12 million/year is selfish and un classy and I hope it really handcuffs them going forward

I did mention Stamkos as better, Tavares is not there yet but very close true. Z and D are superstars but not Toews, Stamkos or Crosby  like superstars.

Giving 1,5 per as a discount and taking 10,5 per is not selfish, unclassy it's asking for a fair value and it's not Toews fault that contracts are capped at 8 years.

kftx.jpg

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

I did mention Stamkos as better, Tavares is not there yet but very close true. Z and D are superstars but not Toews, Stamkos or Crosby  like superstars.

Giving 1,5 per as a discount and taking 10,5 per is not selfish, unclassy it's asking for a fair value and it's not Toews fault that contracts are capped at 8 years.

They asked for $12 each, and I don't think they are worth more than $9. They have a higher cap hit than Crosby and ovechkin and every other player in the league. They are not the best players in the league and will never put up Crosby or ovechkin (when he signed his deal) numbers. Kane and Toews are good, but they'll never get over 100 points, they are maybe on the same level as Datsyuk and Zetterberg and I wouldn't consider those two the best in the league. They also get paid what they are worth so what do I know right?

#31 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

Crosby (10,8 Caphit) > Toews (10,5 Caphit)

kftx.jpg

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

Crosby (10,8 Caphit) > Toews (10,5 Caphit)

Crosby cap hit = 8.7

#33 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

Make it 5 and I agree.

Seems like I've been hearing this for years about how teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh are going to be in cap trouble and yet every year, they seem to be able to ice a better team than us.

Haven't heard it about Chicago at all. The Pens on the other hand are a prime example of my point: They didn't won a cup since '09 because they lack depth, which is because Crosby and Malkin eat up a lot of their capspace. Granted, there were other reasons too, but the main reason for me is the lack of quality bottom 6 forwards and/or defenders.
Chicago and LA were strong teams over the past few years because they had the caproom to afford those kind of guys. With these contracts Chicago has taken the Pittsburgh road and it will show over the next few years.

Edited by derblaueClaus, 10 July 2014 - 06:35 AM.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#34 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Kane was ppg last season. He didn't play every game tho..

69 gp, 29 g, 40 a

http://m.hkref.com/m...XXkanepa01.html

I agree the contracts seem high now but won't seem so bad in a few years or so. But, high point totals or not, they keep the hawks winning so they're getting paid for it.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#35 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Zetterbergs beard alone is a superstar which in turn makes him a superstar

What I wanna know is - will Hank's beard have a chance at the Hockey Hall of Fame?

If Hank makes it - I'll assume his beard will follow within a few years?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#36 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

Make it 5 and I agree.

Haven't heard it about Chicago at all. The Pens on the other hand are a prime example of my point: They didn't won a cup since '09 because they lack depth, which is because Crosby and Malkin eat up a lot of their capspace. Granted, there were other reasons too, but the main reason for me is the lack of quality bottom 6 forwards and/or defenders.
Chicago and LA were strong teams over the past few years because they had the caproom to afford those kind of guys. With these contracts Chicago has taken the Pittsburgh road and it will show over the next few years.

When the Hawks screwed up with the RFA thing back in '09, it was suppose to be the end of them. They then signed Kane and Toews to to their current contracts the next year, which again was suppose to give them cap issues but it didn't. CORE!!!

#37 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

I can't blame them for wanting to make the most money but only a handful of NHL players should be making that much money, and neither one of them is on that list.

Edited by wings87, 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#38 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

Pretty much the same thing I thought. Unless the Canadian dollar takes a complete nose dive, or Edmonton and Calgary fans finally decide to stop attending and watching games, the cap will keep rising.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#39 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

If the cap doesn't move, they need to find over $10M in savings.  They are currently over the cap by $2.2M I think, which is with them both earning $6.3M....so add another $8.4M after next season when the contracts take effect.

Cdn dollar won't have to nose dive, I think modest fluctuations would actually impact league revenues enough to get people worried.

Other than foreign currency though, revenues should continue to climb.  You have to consider the chance of increases in the value of the Cdn dollar as well though.  If I were a betting man, I'd assume the Cdn dollar stays somewhere between 95 cents and $1 against the US dollar.  If I could make such predictions accurately though, there would be no need for me to have a job.

#40 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

When the Hawks screwed up with the RFA thing back in '09, it was suppose to be the end of them. They then signed Kane and Toews to to their current contracts the next year, which again was suppose to give them cap issues but it didn't. CORE!!!

You mean like in 2010 when they won the cup then immediately blew up the team because they couldn't keep everyone?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30