• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

anthonyn66

Wings re-sign Cleary $1.5 mill + $1mill in game bonuses

Rate this topic

I believe in loyalty and in rewarding players for past accomplishments, but here is what I don't get. Last off-season the Wings offered Cleary a new deal (a pretty fair one to boot) but he decided he was worth more and the team moved on.

He was the one that was ready too leave, I'm going to say that again- he wanted to leave. The team didn't push him out or forced him to retire like they did with Draper and Ozzy. Loyalty should go both ways, why is the team being so loyal to a player that refused to sign a fair deal in the beginning and only took a discount late because the Wings had no cap space.

Wow, I really can't even wrap my head around this... Even when Cleary wasn't injured he was a healthy scratch. Hate to say it but this move really makes Ken Holland look clueless. And I've been one of Kenny's biggest defenders. What could he possibly be thinking? Waste of money, and more importantly waste of a roster spot. Unreal.

Yes! Like it. And a bargain at that!!! Now we can afford to trade Nyquist, Tatar and Mantha + a 1st to Washington for Green. In Holland we Trust!!! Move over, L.A!!!

I'm literally crying right now....

WHAT DOES CLEARY HAVE ON HOLLAND?!?!? It must be some SERIOUS dirt.

I believe in loyalty and in rewarding players for past accomplishments, but here is what I don't get. Last off-season the Wings offered Cleary a new deal (a pretty fair one to boot) but he decided he was worth more and the team moved on.

He was the one that was ready too leave, I'm going to say that again- he wanted to leave. The team didn't push him out or forced him to retire like they did with Draper and Ozzy. Loyalty should go both ways, why is the team being so loyal to a player that refused to sign a fair deal in the beginning and only took a discount late because the Wings had no cap space.

I wish we signed Draper instead.

I said that Cleary would get more than Heatley... f*** this team. f*** Ken Holland. I refuse to watch anymore games. I don't care if he acquires Shea Weber, I am done supporting this team until Holland is GONE!

The only place he's going is fishing with Cleary this weekend.

Since I dont like to just watch dumpster fires, here's even more fuel:

Per Khan:

Holland said the team values Cleary's versatility.

"Unfortunately, he had a tough year," Holland said. "He's a guy the coaching staff likes, his teammates like. He's a leader in the room. He can play left wing/right wing, can go on the power play."

This is just...........I mean....................@&@*#^&&$^&$*&@*&_&@#^_)@^#_$^@#^$_)!@^#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get some of what they are smoking? I....I just can't fathom this was their best option, ever, on any planet and any league.

I'm pissed off and angry and want to go down there and shake someone and yell "SNAP OUT OF IT, MAN!!!!!"

You look at the decisions that Nill has made in his short time in Dallas compared to the decisions Holland has been making and its becoming ever more clear to me that Nill might have been the true brains in the front office.

I really dont want to pile on Cleary as theres no doubt the guy gave 150% every game to the organization and it would be disrespectful to him to insult him where he should be commended for his work. Its clear though that in giving all that it took way to much of a toll on his body. He just cant perform at the NHL level anymore. Lets be honest who in there right mind would turn down that contract though at his age. I cant be mad at Cleary. All the blame needs to be on Holland.

someone needs to find the email for The Ilitch's...Iltich Holdings or whatever and email our disgust with Holland. God Damn I am so ******* tired of this bulls***! I cannot even speak right now...I am out....I cannot wait to have a BASH FEST all winter long. If I ever see Holland I am calling him out right in front of everyone!

This same article also has Holland saying Cleary will have to beat out other players to be in the lineup. But lets ignore that because it isn;t in line with Holland bashing.

Because we should all believe that after Cleary made the team over Nyquist last season?

This same article also has Holland saying Cleary will have to beat out other players to be in the lineup. But lets ignore that because it isn;t in line with Holland bashing.

Because Cleary beat Nyquist, Jurco, Tatar, Sheahan and Pulkkinen last year in camp.

If you believe that, there is no hope for you.

Since I dont like to just watch dumpster fires, here's even more fuel:

Per Khan:

Holland said the team values Cleary's versatility.

"Unfortunately, he had a tough year," Holland said. "He's a guy the coaching staff likes, his teammates like. He's a leader in the room. He can play left wing/right wing, can go on the power play."

God forbid if I see Danf****** Cleary on a power play unit...

Edited by anthonyn66

Get with it man, we all know by now that's not how it works with Holland and Babs. They say s*** like this and then do the opposite. Standard Procedure.

I'm just gonna hope he is able to earn his in game bonus. If he plays bad, he'll be scratched. If he gets hurt, he won't play. If he plays well, good for us.

The only way he doesn't play is if he gets hurt and can't play. That's how it worked this past season with him and Samuelsson. There's no "hard line" with him. It's a lie.

Do you really believe that Holland will release or demote Cleary over a youngster that can be sent down even if the youngster completely outplays Cleary?? What message does it send to the young players in the organization? They preach to them to work hard and youll earn your spot but all they end up seeing is those spots theyve earned given to players that should have been put out to pasture years ago.