• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

anthonyn66

Wings re-sign Cleary $1.5 mill + $1mill in game bonuses

Rate this topic

In the end just look at last season. We often had guys like Sammy and Bert sitting in the press box while they were passed over and kids got the call up. I see this season being no different. Cleary's competition is with being scratched, not with the kids who can play in GR. If/when Cleary stinks it up, and a roster spot needs to be filled for a game, I would bet money that Jurco would get the call up over him.

Once again, I don't like the signing. But every team needs bench warmers.

There are cheaper and/or better bench warmers. And we have cap space. We talk about not wanting to overpay anyone, but we piss money away on overpriced s*** that rots in the press box. It's an utter and complete joke at this point. I don't know how he still has his job right now, I really don't. It literally is starting to feel like he's trying to get himself fired.

Babs probably wanted Cleary. I just don't get it. If you want him around the locker room for leadership give him some bull s*** job. This is exactly why top free agents don't want to play for the wings anymore.

Haha I feel like this should make free agents want to come here. You're telling me I can sign here and play until I cant skate (and then some,), and still make 1.5 million.

There are cheaper and/or better bench warmers. And we have cap space. We talk about not wanting to overpay anyone, but we piss money away on overpriced s*** that rots in the press box. It's an utter and complete joke at this point. I don't know how he still has his job right now, I really don't. It literally is starting to feel like he's trying to get himself fired.

Once again, I am NOT defending this signing. I dislike it as much as anybody. But it happened. I'm not going to lose my mind over it because it isn't going to make it go away. All there is left to hope for is that he gets very well acquainted with the pressbox.

You people are all way too serous about this. Take a step back from your keyboard and breath.

The positive of this is it a 1 year deal we have a ton of cap space and looks like no way of using it.

If he performs like he has prior to the last couple of years you will all be in love with this move come season end.

He is a veteran player who can be trusted by the coach and knows the system, you are all very well aware of how fragile this team is so veteran leadership and depth at this price is a no brainer even if he does not play a game.

As for the GM I would like to see how some of the posters on this site would be able to pull off the NHL 2014 trades that some of you so desperately want. I can't imagine that it's that easy or you'd be a GM in this league by now.

Life long wings fan here who is a realistic person.

Chill out relax and enjoy the show!!!!

This is BEYOND ridiculous! Has Holland seriously lost his mind?

Why does he seem to be determined to run this franchise into the ground with these horrible " loyalty signings" just as I was getting over the Quincey thing, this happens.

We may just break the streak this year.......

It utterly pisses me off because why in the hell would you agree that you'll "take care of him" the following season?!? That's called signing him to a 2 year contract... wow. But at the end of the day, it's a business. Cleary's health is obviously on the decline and has been for years. Despite him working hard and getting in good shape, his body is not the same and can't take the same punishment it could 5+ years ago. That's when you say, "we're sorry Danny, but we are very concerned about your health and we're going to need to pass."

It almost makes me feel like they want to keep him in the organization so badly after he retires that they're willing to let him drag along until then just so they don't piss him off and lose him to another management team.

It's just bad business on Holland's part. He needs to wake up because all of this loyalty that's being thrown around is only going to disgruntle the young prospects who are proving they're ready to make the jump and then you'll end up losing them the first chance they become UFA's.

The only sense I can make out of this is that they're moving forward on trading a young guy for Green, Yandle, Byfuglien, or Myers.... Doubtful though.

Once again, I am NOT defending this signing. I dislike it as much as anybody. But it happened. I'm not going to lose my mind over it because it isn't going to make it go away. All there is left to hope for is that he gets very well acquainted with the pressbox.

Well, that's wonderful for you.

I agree, that generally there's a time and a place for such restraint and perspective.

And then there's the day that Ken Holland signed Dan Cleary again.

If ever there was a day to blow off some steam, it's today...

Well, that's wonderful for you.

I agree, that generally there's a time and a place for such restraint and perspective.

And then there's the day that Ken Holland signed Dan Cleary again.

If ever there was a day to blow off some steam, it's today...

Too be fair, people have been blowing off steam for the past 10 days :lol:

Too be fair, people have been blowing off steam for the past 10 days :lol:

When you're trying to clean a bed that was recently s***, you don't s*** on it again.

When you're trying to clean a bed that was recently s***, you don't s*** on it again.

There are 29 other beds out there if people don't like it :ninja:

For the record, I'm just making light out of an unfortunate situation, so please don't take everything I say so seriously.

Then why did he end up a healthy scratch last season?

Because he wasn't really healthy.

Not trying to give you a hard time. Just saying. The whole thing smells. I think it's safe to say we're past "Well, Dan will have to prove he's unequivocally better than any and every other option," if we were ever there in the first place.

You people are all way too serous about this. Take a step back from your keyboard and breath.

The positive of this is it a 1 year deal we have a ton of cap space and looks like no way of using it.

If he performs like he has prior to the last couple of years you will all be in love with this move come season end.

He is a veteran player who can be trusted by the coach and knows the system, you are all very well aware of how fragile this team is so veteran leadership and depth at this price is a no brainer even if he does not play a game.

As for the GM I would like to see how some of the posters on this site would be able to pull off the NHL 2014 trades that some of you so desperately want. I can't imagine that it's that easy or you'd be a GM in this league by now.

Life long wings fan here who is a realistic person.

Chill out relax and enjoy the show!!!!

No one wants to hear it Kenny.

Hey since Kenny is in the spirit of throwing large sums of money away, maybe I can get him to pay off my student loans for me. After this I'm convinced Kenny is locked in the basement of JLA and Matt Millen is running the team. Thank god the Packers are awesome otherwise this would be a looooong winter for me!

The only way this changes is if Ilitch starts losing money then maybe he'll think about firing Holland. The upper management is a clique and won't do what needs to be done. They've all gone senile or maybe mass hysteria.