• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

anthonyn66

Wings re-sign Cleary $1.5 mill + $1mill in game bonuses

Rate this topic

So....

This would have been a little easier to tolerate this BS when I was living in another state and supported that team as a 2nd. Now I'm in Michigan and I have nothing to soften the blow from this genius general manager.

Is there a petition we can get going around and maybe get it before Chris Ilitch's eyes or something?

Ken Holland is just god awful. He's like that crazy guy who thinks the end of the world is going to be the best thing that could ever happen because he's going to get raptured, so he starts launching nukes to bring it about.....

....alright that might be overboard but still, you get the idea.

He seems to be willfully running the once great Wings into the ground and its infuriating.

Well, while it's mind boggling that he got re-signed at all, let alone for $1.5 million and a $1 million bonus, it doesn't really matter. Since they're not going to use up the cap space, they could've given him $10 million and it wouldn't have affected anything but Mr. Ilitch's pocketbook.

The team has struggled for a few years, but I don't remember the Wings ever taking such a beating in the eyes of the media and general public. Utterly pointless signing. And the fact that it's for so much money and it's one way doesn't make sense to me. If this were pure loyalty, it would've been under a million and two way.

Cleary is here to actually play in the NHL, guys. Good lord.

The only good thing is that I'll have more comedy material next season.

Dano is back, baby! :lol:

We should start a drinking game. Every time Cleary falls down without being pushed or touched, we take a drink.

Would not be surprised if this deal was made because Holland is working on a trade for a dman. Perhaps a roster player may be on the move? Who knows. Either that or he and Andersson will be keeping the pressbox warm for much of the season rather than having a guy like Jurco do it.

Except that we all know deep down that's never going to happen. I was willing to give Holland the benefit of the doubt on the off-season so far, but this signing is just ridiculous. Screw the "agreement" he had with Cleary last year. The guy is useless.

I find it quite disgusting as a Red Wings fan that, the GM of my team. told an entire fanbase, f*** trying to win a Stanley cup and putting the best team on the ice, loyalty to a broke down fringe player is more important?

The entire premise of this mans job is to try and put the best roster together in order to win a cup. He told everyone today, that is not his priority? How the f***?

Guest DeGraa55

YES I'm so happy. We are favorites now. There's guys like Richards vanek and niskanen available AND WE SIGN CLEARY AND QUINCEY!!! Clearly holland is the best gm in the league. I bet cleary starts the year with the euro twins to. Babcock is just as bad as holland.

Well, while it's mind boggling that he got re-signed at all, let alone for $1.5 million and a $1 million bonus, it doesn't really matter. Since they're not going to use up the cap space, they could've given him $10 million and it wouldn't have affected anything but Mr. Ilitch's pocketbook.

The team has struggled for a few years, but I don't remember the Wings ever taking such a beating in the eyes of the media and general public. Utterly pointless signing. And the fact that it's for so much money and it's one way doesn't make sense to me. If this were pure loyalty, it would've been under a million and two way.

It's not about the money. It's about making the team better. This signing makes the team worse. And not only worse this season but for seasons to come, because now everybody knows that the Wings don't care about winning.

Free agents aren't going to want to sign with the Wings if they know they can't win here and kids aren't going to want to get drafted by the Wings because they know they'll never get a shot to play and contribute here.

Edited by roboturner

We should start a drinking game. Every time Cleary falls down without being pushed or touched, we take a drink.

I won't make it very far.

That loyalty has been real appealing to free agents too. All it has done recently is keep internal washed up veterans on the roster long past their usefulness. Every quote Holland has made lately does give the impression he's out of touch or trying to sell something nobody believes except his mouthpiece St. James.

I don't know why they're not coming here.

I literally spent the last two days arguing with guys who think we should trade Tatar and that "Holland's done everything he can" to make this team better but "you can't make people sign here".

On the one hand I'm bummed that our already bad team didn't get any better. On the other hand I'm delighted to have some evidence to point at the next time I say KH isf****** up.

Dan Cleary's new motto.

041607-016.jpg

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this..... Ken Holland just said I am more about loyalty to a player, then I am to the fans desire to have the best roster possible. .................. I don't get it.

Guest DeGraa55

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this..... Ken Holland just said I am more about loyalty to a player, then I am to the fans desire to have the best roster possible. .................. I don't get it.

I do. Drink the cool aid like many do here. He is THE BEST GM EVER. Isn't it obvious to you yet?

Where is the loyalty to the players that pushed the team into the playoffs?

I do. Drink the cool aid like many do here. He is THE BEST GM EVER. Isn't it obvious to you yet?

I can honestly say this is the most angry/shocked/depressed I've ever been based on a sport.

the money isn't an issue. it's a roster spot and the reason why he was signed that people should have an issue with

I could see the scouting staff start dropping like flies after these summer's signings. I mean who would want to put the time and effort into scouting the young kids when you know they are just going to get buried in GR due to horrible signings that take up the kids roster spots with worthless players that don't even belong in the NHL anymore. Absolutely ridiculous. Not a chance in hell I'm going to a game this up coming season if Cleary makes the roster.

Steam blown until Sammy's signing is announced.

Edited by Vladiator