• Please log in to reply
526 replies to this topic

#261 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

I find it quite disgusting as a Red Wings fan that, the GM of my team.  told an entire fanbase, f*** trying to win a Stanley cup and putting the best team on the ice, loyalty to a broke down fringe player is more important?

The entire premise of this mans job is to try and put the best roster together in order to win a cup.  He told everyone today, that is not his priority? How the f***?

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#262 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

YES I'm so happy. We are favorites now. There's guys like Richards vanek and niskanen available AND WE SIGN CLEARY AND QUINCEY!!! Clearly holland is the best gm in the league. I bet cleary starts the year with the euro twins to. Babcock is just as bad as holland.

#263 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Well, while it's mind boggling that he got re-signed at all, let alone for $1.5 million and a $1 million bonus, it doesn't really matter.  Since they're not going to use up the cap space, they could've given him $10 million and it wouldn't have affected anything but Mr. Ilitch's pocketbook.

The team has struggled for a few years, but I don't remember the Wings ever taking such a beating in the eyes of the media and general public. Utterly pointless signing.  And the fact that it's for so much money and it's one way doesn't make sense to me.  If this were pure loyalty, it would've been under a million and two way. 

Cleary is here to actually play in the NHL, guys.  Good lord.

It's not about the money. It's about making the team better. This signing makes the team worse. And not only worse this season but for seasons to come, because now everybody knows that the Wings don't care about winning.

Free agents aren't going to want to sign with the Wings if they know they can't win here and kids aren't going to want to get drafted by the Wings because they know they'll never get a shot to play and contribute here.

Edited by roboturner, 10 July 2014 - 09:07 PM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#264 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Well, while it's mind boggling that he got re-signed at all, let alone for $1.5 million and a $1 million bonus, it doesn't really matter.  Since they're not going to use up the cap space, they could've given him $10 million and it wouldn't have affected anything but Mr. Ilitch's pocketbook.

The team has struggled for a few years, but I don't remember the Wings ever taking such a beating in the eyes of the media and general public. Utterly pointless signing.  And the fact that it's for so much money and it's one way doesn't make sense to me.  If this were pure loyalty, it would've been under a million and two way. 

We should start a drinking game.  Every time Cleary falls down without being pushed or touched, we take a drink.

I won't make it very far. 

That loyalty has been real appealing to free agents too. All it has done recently is keep internal washed up veterans on the roster long past their usefulness. Every quote Holland has made lately does give the impression he's out of touch or trying to sell something nobody believes except his mouthpiece St. James.

I don't know why they're not coming here.  

I literally spent the last two days arguing with guys who think we should trade Tatar and that "Holland's done everything he can" to make this team better but "you can't make people sign here". 

On the one hand I'm bummed that our already bad team didn't get any better.  On the other hand I'm delighted to have some evidence to point at the next time I say KH isf****** up. 

Dan Cleary's new motto.  

041607-016.jpg

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#265 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

I have had a bad day and now this... Wow.. Just wow.... Bet Dannie is laughing
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#266 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this..... Ken Holland just said I am more about loyalty to a player, then I am to the fans desire to have the best roster possible.  .................. I don't get it. 

#267 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this..... Ken Holland just said I am more about loyalty to a player, then I am to the fans desire to have the best roster possible.  .................. I don't get it. 

I do. Drink the cool aid like many do here. He is THE BEST GM EVER. Isn't it obvious to you yet?

#268 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

Where is the loyalty to the players that pushed the team into the playoffs?

I do. Drink the cool aid like many do here. He is THE BEST GM EVER. Isn't it obvious to you yet?

I can honestly say this is the most angry/shocked/depressed I've ever been based on a sport. 

#269 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

We should start a drinking game.  Every time Cleary falls down without being pushed or touched, we take a drink.

the money isn't an issue. it's a roster spot and the reason why he was signed that people should have an issue with

#270 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

the money isn't an issue. it's a roster spot and the reason why he was signed that people should have an issue with

I have a bigger issue with the out right slap to the face of an entire fan base

#271 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

First I was like

tumblr_mfropns9KY1rgjwupo1_500_zpsb458ba

Then I was like

tumblr_msez4aJ5wD1qj56zwo3_250_zps1a8ab6

Now I'm like

tumblr_mn2r6dFkJ51s5ffbro1_250_zps2070b4

photo_zpsa0880f86.jpg

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#272 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I could see the scouting staff start dropping like flies after these summer's signings. I mean who would want to put the time and effort into scouting the young kids when you know they are just going to get buried in GR due to horrible signings that take up the kids roster spots with worthless players that don't even belong in the NHL anymore. Absolutely ridiculous. Not a chance in hell I'm going to a game this up coming season if Cleary makes the roster.

Steam blown until Sammy's signing is announced.

Edited by Vladiator, 10 July 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#273 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Even Toronto fans are laughing at this signing. It's THAT bad! #firekenholland

#274 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

is anyone actually happy about this/ think it was good/ is a cleary fan?

#275 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

Nice try Kenny, we know you don't care about us.

#276 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

I think it was a great signing... Senior citizens should be respected in all aspects of society.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#277 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

I think it was a great signing... Senior citizens should be respected in all aspects of society.

Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose!

#278 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Are youf****** kidding me?

Has Kenny just been sitting around all summer smoking crack?  First Quincey, and now this?  Jeez...******* pathetic.

I always liked Cleary too.  After last years signing I was annoyed though.  Now I just want him the f*** gone, and never want to hear his name ever again.

#279 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

Sign and trade?

Technically he would have kept his promise.

Tell teams we'll even keep 2.5 mill of his salary.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk, 10 July 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#280 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

tumblr_mfropns9KY1rgjwupo1_500_zpsb458ba

Does anybody else think he looks high as f*** in this?

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: