• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

anthonyn66

Wings re-sign Cleary $1.5 mill + $1mill in game bonuses

Rate this topic

As a moderator here, I'm just glad the Wings didn't announce the re-signing of Quincey and Cleary on the same day.

Remember when we all used to joke about them both re-signing like we thought it wasn't possible it could happen?

I feel like it's our fault. We made this happen. We joked too much...

I'm just gonna hope he is able to earn his in game bonus. If he plays bad, he'll be scratched. If he gets hurt, he won't play. If he plays well, good for us.

I'd rather him not be signed at all, but the deal has been made, so I'm not going to get angry about it. It isn;t handicapping the teams future by any means, so it isn't the end of the world. Knee jerk reaction free is the way to be.

I'm assuming the bonus is tied to some minimum number of games played with the Wings.

Still, I am shocked by this deal. Even if it's a two-way deal, I wasn't expecting that kind of money. I think when Maltby did it, it was something like $500k.

I would rather Holland put that money towards retaining some of Kindl's salary in a trade.

Is anyone really surprised? We all knew this was coming, Cleary was a waste of a roster spot for just the past 2 seasons.

The Red Wings loyalty rewards program clearly states you must be a waste of a roster spot for a minimum of 3 seasons before the Wings will consider not resigning you.

I'm just gonna hope he is able to earn his in game bonus. If he plays bad, he'll be scratched. If he gets hurt, he won't play. If he plays well, good for us.

I'd rather him not be signed at all, but the deal has been made, so I'm not going to get angry about it. It isn;t handicapping the teams future by any means, so it isn't the end of the world. Knee jerk reaction free is the way to be.

but this is handicapping the team's future, which is why this is a terrible signing. he is going to bump down a prospect that should be on the roster

we already have a logjam of prospects, we don't need a useless veteran clogging the pipes as well

Edited by chances14

i give up.

not following the team this season.

At least one good thing came of this...

I really hope Cleary just goes on ltir all year again. But I know he will be in the top 6 for a while, I didn't want to believe it was possible. I guess I just like to give #fireholland the benefit of the doubt too much.... Well we're done until Alfie is ready to sign

Edit : auto crocodile sucks today

Edited by Euro_Twins

but this is handicapping the team's future, which is why this is a terrible signing. he is going to bump down a prospect that should be on the roster

we already have a logjam of prospects, we don't need a useless veteran clogging the pipes as well

He's most likely gonna end up hurt or benched. Not the end of the world. I don't like it, but it's not like it's a multi year deal.

He's most likely gonna end up hurt or benched. Not the end of the world. I don't like it, but it's not like it's a multi year deal.

He should not have been signed this year or last year: that makes it a multi year deal.

one game of cleary on the roster is one game less that a deserving prospect is going to get. this is an inexcusable signing