• Please log in to reply
526 replies to this topic

#101 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Any word on if we were lucky enough to get a NMC worked in?

Not needed, no team would take him anyway. Lol

#102 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Not needed, no team would take him anyway. Lol

Not tue! Philly was all over him last summer

#103 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,247 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Not tue! Philly was all over him last summer

And Holland had offered him a three year deal at the start of the summer that Cleary turned down.

#104 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

I believe in loyalty and in rewarding players for past accomplishments, but here is what I don't get. Last off-season the Wings offered Cleary a new deal (a pretty fair one to boot) but he decided he was worth more and the team moved on.

He was the one that was ready too leave, I'm going to say that again- he wanted to leave. The team didn't push him out or forced him to retire like they did with Draper and Ozzy. Loyalty should go both ways, why is the team being so loyal to a player that refused to sign a fair deal in the beginning and only took a discount late because the Wings had no cap space.  

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#105 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Wow, I really can't even wrap my head around this... Even when Cleary wasn't injured he was a healthy scratch. Hate to say it but this move really makes Ken Holland look clueless. And I've been one of Kenny's biggest defenders. What could he possibly be thinking? Waste of money, and more importantly waste of a roster spot. Unreal.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#106 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Well we could have 10 Cleary's for the price of Toews and Kane

Imagine if Holland could pull the trigger on that, you know he would

We would DOMINATE with our leadership

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#107 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Good thing we didn't overpay for any players in free agency eh boys

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#108 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

I said that Cleary would get more than Heatley... f*** this team. f*** Ken Holland. I refuse to watch anymore games.  I don't care if he acquires Shea Weber, I am done supporting this team until Holland is GONE!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#109 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yes! Like it. And a bargain at that!!! Now we can afford to trade Nyquist, Tatar and Mantha + a 1st to Washington for Green. In Holland we Trust!!! Move over, L.A!!! 

I'm literally crying right now....  

WHAT DOES CLEARY HAVE ON HOLLAND?!?!? It must be some SERIOUS dirt.  

#110 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

I believe in loyalty and in rewarding players for past accomplishments, but here is what I don't get. Last off-season the Wings offered Cleary a new deal (a pretty fair one to boot) but he decided he was worth more and the team moved on.

He was the one that was ready too leave, I'm going to say that again- he wanted to leave. The team didn't push him out or forced him to retire like they did with Draper and Ozzy. Loyalty should go both ways, why is the team being so loyal to a player that refused to sign a fair deal in the beginning and only took a discount late because the Wings had no cap space.  

I wish we signed Draper instead.

#111 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

I said that Cleary would get more than Heatley... f*** this team. f*** Ken Holland. I refuse to watch anymore games.  I don't care if he acquires Shea Weber, I am done supporting this team until Holland is GONE!

The only place he's going is fishing with Cleary this weekend. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#112 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Since I dont like to just watch dumpster fires, here's even more fuel:

Per Khan:

Holland said the team values Cleary's versatility.

"Unfortunately, he had a tough year," Holland said. "He's a guy the coaching staff likes, his teammates like. He's a leader in the room. He can play left wing/right wing, can go on the power play."

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#113 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

This is just...........I mean....................@&@*#^&&$^&$*&@*&_&@#^_)@^#_$^@#^$_)!@^#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get some of what they are smoking? I....I just can't fathom this was their best option, ever, on any planet and any league.

I'm pissed off and angry and want to go down there and shake someone and yell "SNAP OUT OF IT, MAN!!!!!"

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#114 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

You look at the decisions that Nill has made in his short time in Dallas compared to the decisions Holland has been making and its becoming ever more clear to me that Nill might have been the true brains in the front office. 

I really dont want to pile on Cleary as theres no doubt the guy gave 150% every game to the organization and it would be disrespectful to him to insult him where he should be commended for his work. Its clear though that in giving all that it took way to much of a toll on his body. He just cant perform at the NHL level anymore. Lets be honest who in there right mind would turn down that contract though at his age. I cant be mad at Cleary. All the blame needs to be on Holland.

#115 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

someone needs to find the email for The Ilitch's...Iltich Holdings or whatever and email our disgust with Holland. God Damn I am sof****** tired of this bulls***! I cannot even speak right now...I am out....I cannot wait to have a BASH FEST all winter long. If I ever see Holland I am calling him out right in front of everyone!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#116 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

I feel bad for Pav and Hank. They're probably gonna have to play with this garbage fire on there wing the whole seaon because he has "heart"f****** joke of a team, as a life long wings fan. I'm seriously considering not following our games this year.

#117 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Per Khan:

This same article also has Holland saying Cleary will have to beat out other players to be in the lineup. But lets ignore that because it isn;t in line with Holland bashing.

#118 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

This same article also has Holland saying Cleary will have to beat out other players to be in the lineup. But lets ignore that because it isn;t in line with Holland bashing.

Because we should all believe that after Cleary made the team over Nyquist last season?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#119 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Because Cleary beat Nyquist, Jurco, Tatar, Sheahan and Pulkkinen last year in camp.

If you believe that, there is no hope for you.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#120 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Per Khan:

Holland said the team values Cleary's versatility.

"Unfortunately, he had a tough year," Holland said. "He's a guy the coaching staff likes, his teammates like. He's a leader in the room. He can play left wing/right wing, can go on the power play."

God forbid if I see Danf****** Cleary on a power play unit...

Edited by anthonyn66, 10 July 2014 - 04:46 PM.