• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Tom Renney could be leaving, too.

Rate this topic

http://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/renney-could-be-leaving-wings-for-position-with-hockey-canada/

I believe Khan has an article on it too. Well, wouldn't that be something. Bring back the same team, only to lose both assistant coaches in the offseason. It also mentions that the Wings have interviewed Tony Granato for one of the spots, which is funny because he and Babs once had a shouting match during the game where Lidstrom got injured in Febuary of 08.

I sure as hell hope not. People want Blashill to take his place so bad. I'd love for him to eventually become Bab's assistant for a couple years again first, before eventually becoming the #1 bench boss.

I'm just saying Babs still hasn't signed an extension, has he? And there's a lot of teams right now that would be more interesting to coach than what Babcock has had to work with in Detroit the last few years.

As for Renney, well he couldn't turn our PP into at least a decent one so whatever.

Which, to be fair, was pretty damn difficult given the injuries, the resulting fluctoation and the lack of a proper QB for the second unit.

But yeah, Renny is replaceable so if he leaves it doesn't weaken the Organisation has hard as the leaving of others had.

I sure as hell hope not. People want Blashill to take his place so bad. I'd love for him to eventually become Bab's assistant for a couple years again first, before eventually becoming the #1 bench boss.

I can understand that, but Blashill has had success at every level he's coached. And with young players, at that. If this organization is seriously focused on youth, it might not be bad to bring the coach along with the youth movement.

Guest Playmaker

LOL, when other teams change coaches, its like, look at them, they're making changes to improve their team! So now the Wings might lose Renney, a journeyman coach, and now it's, horrors! Everyone's leaving! That's proof we're not a good team! Really??!?

Babcock is probably next.

I wonder if the assistant coaches know Babcock isnt coming back next year already.

They are securing jobs now rather than wait till the new head coach shows up, and hires his own assistant coaches??

I wonder if the assistant coaches know Babcock isnt coming back next year already.

They are securing jobs now rather than wait till the new head coach shows up, and hires his own assistant coaches??

At the very least, I think the uncertainty about Babcock's future as coach of the Red Wings would have to factor in to some coaches and players' decisions about the Wings.

Guest Playmaker

Based on the link and interview with Renney, it sounds more like the Wings have kind of hinted that he's not really wanted here anymore. Why would Babcock be kind of helping him to find a new job? I think they like and respect Renney, but his sole job was to turn around the Wings PP, which Blashill couldn't do either. I understand there were injuries, but he didn't get the job done. Bill Peters, like nearly all assistants, left because he was offered a head coaching job. Not really sure why that's some kind of indicator of anything. Don't expect Babcock to be here another 20 years, but again, it doesn't really seems like there are any dots to connect, as some are trying so hard to do.

Which, to be fair, was pretty damn difficult given the injuries, the resulting fluctoation and the lack of a proper QB for the second unit.

But yeah, Renny is replaceable so if he leaves it doesn't weaken the Organisation has hard as the leaving of others had.

Agreed it is damn difficult and given the amount of talent, not easy fixable but like you said Renney is replaceable, so not a tough loss but I wish him the best.

I know he left Detroit on a sour note... but now that we have an offensive assistant opening, I hope we pursue Adam Oates. If anybody can give us a fresh look on the PP it's him. And I'm not sure if Granato ran Pittsburgh's defence or not, but he wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Calling Professor Larionov, Professor Larionov, please report to human resources...

I'm not sure he'd be the best PP coach.

"Just make a perfect pass to the spot where you know Kozlov will be. He'll make a couple nice moves in the corner and throw a no look pass to where Konstantinov will be, who is cutting back door from the point. If Vladdy doesn't have a high percentage scoring chance then Fedorov will have already moved into position by the far post for an outlet. Simple."