• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

Tomas Jurco's Ridiculous New Stick Trick

Rate this topic

It's a neat trick, but...

[cranky old man] I'd rather see him out there at the end of practice working on picking the top corner, or firing slapshots or something [/cranky old man]

which admittedly he may have been doing before or after this video. It's just that stuff like that is cool I guess but has zero usefulness in a game, other than improving his general hand eye coordination. I'm more impressed by a kid grinding it out after practice firing puck after puck.

I'd rather see him working on other things also but given how he's already played for us. I'd guarantee he's been doing just that. I thought these videos were honestly the best we'd see from Jurcos career when drafted but last year was a glimpse that he's willing to do the parts that aren't flashy and go unnoticed to most fans. As a Wings fan I love watching him play.

Just pisses me off even more bout the Cleary signing

I think the older YouTube vids had some more impressive moves than this; not to say this particular feat doesn't require skill or anything.

I don't have a problem with him working on this stuff. We all need to follow our passions, and clearly Jurco has an affinity to practice these hand-eye coordination tricks. Besides, he outperformed my greatest expectations of him last season so I think he's earned the right to spend his time after (or before) practice doing what he wants.

The organization has gotta love this kid. Skilled. Hardworking. And a showman on top of that! He's my favorite of the kids at the moment. IMO he has the highest ceiling as well

Yeah, about that... I'm going to have to ask you to step over here and have a little chat with Dan Clearly.

Yeah, about that... I'm going to have to ask you to step over here and have a little chat with Dan Clearly.

Hopefully he one day develops the skills to step into Cleary's position. Im not convinced he's at that point quite yet, but maybe soon?

Get this kid on the first line with D and Z, and Mantha on the third with Tatar and Sheahan and I'll call our forward corps improved over last year.

Now if only we could figure out a way to improve an abysmal defense that absolutely, positively, 100% could not be any better than it currently is because fate is against Ken Holland.

The guy is an amazing talent - some of his stickhandling (at least in theory) is Datsyuk level stuff. But he didn't look quite ready for the NHL last year. 8 goals in 36 games is absolutely acceptable, but he just a bit lost at times. Certainly not a guy I would "give away" for a warm body defenseman in a trade, but I'm anxious to see if he can take another step next year, just as Nyquist and Tatar in what was their "3rd" (but more like 2nd) seasons last year.