• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RainingBlood

Confused on the direction of this team going forward

Rate this topic

1st the signing of Franzen over Hossa whoch now looks worse and worse.

Weiss signing over Filppula. Yes there was time where Filppula looked lost but let's face it at half the player he is better then Weiss. Those 25 goals and 33 assists would have looked nice on the roster last year.

He used his last buyout on Tootoo who was to make a little over 1 million this year on the last year of his deal...why?

This season its sitting back and watching other teams pick up players. I know the Red Wings aren't really a destination anymore but I wouldn't have bitched even if the Red Wings took a 1 year flyer on Heatley. Which he ended up signing for 1 million with Anaheim.

Hell they should have just bit the bullet and brought legwand back.

Now there is no promise that even Alfredsson will come back. Also with the talks of trading Tatar for Green I just don't know anymore.

I've tried soo hard to support Holland but I just can't anymore.

1st the signing of Franzen over Hossa whoch now looks worse and worse.

Weiss signing over Filppula. Yes there was time where Filppula looked lost but let's face it at half the player he is better then Weiss. Those 25 goals and 33 assists would have looked nice on the roster last year.

He used his last buyout on Tootoo who was to make a little over 1 million this year on the last year of his deal...why?

This season its sitting back and watching other teams pick up players. I know the Red Wings aren't really a destination anymore but I wouldn't have bitched even if the Red Wings took a 1 year flyer on Heatley. Which he ended up signing for 1 million with Anaheim.

Hell they should have just bit the bullet and brought legwand back.

Now there is no promise that even Alfredsson will come back. Also with the talks of trading Tatar for Green I just don't know anymore.

I've tried soo hard to support Holland but I just can't anymore.

Filppula was offered roughly the same contract he signed with tampa but for 7 years, he turned it down, went to free agency, circled back to the wings but they had already used up their cap space.

Hossa was offered the same contract they gave Franzen, he turned it down so they went with plan b and signed Franzen.

Holland on looking for a D trade:

"I don't know that what's out there is any better than what we got in our system," Holland said. "Players (free agents) would be more experienced, but are they any better than (Ryan) Sproul or (Xavier) Ouellet? We got pretty good kids."

THEN LET THEM PLAY YOU ******* IMBECILE!!!

It's not only that ufa's don't want to sign here anymore,our own prospects lost confidence in his abilities...see under Tatar,Jarnkrok or Almquist lately,both assistant coaches left,Stevie and Nill left,Babcock didn't re-sign yet... must have something with good ole Kenny.

#fireholland

i Can't, I... just... Can't... stop... watching...

wait babs is black lol

:ranting: ...i was hoping nobody would notice.

Imageready doesn't have the best color editing tools so I couldn't make his hand white. The best I could do was grey so I just left it hoping nobody would notice.

Even stranger was that you noticed the black hand but not the fact that they are moving backwards

Hossa was offered the same contract they gave Franzen, he turned it down so they went with plan b and signed Franzen.

That is nothing but an excuse. Franzen was signed before Hossa and after there wasn't enough cap space to sign Hossa to a contract he deserved. Of course he would turn down Franzen money, he is worth way more. There is no excuse for such a horrible decision by Holland.

Hilarious gif!

To answer the OP though...

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Even at his current contract vs. points/goals produced, Franzen is a good deal. People like to forget that because he is streaky and admittedly looks lazy as f*** out there a lot of the time. Name another player that can consistently put up those numbers at his cap hit though. Can't. Its not possible in the current NHL.

Filppula has great potential, but for whatever reason was unable to reach it with us. To say Weiss is half the player is silly. You are seriously going to judge him as a hockey player based on one season where he played the first half severely injured, and had to leave for surgery the second? Come on... Its way to early to speak on Weiss as a Wing.

Tootoo was bought out as a courtesy to him, so he could continue his NHL career (if a team picks him up) instead of being buried in the minors.

And you didn't even mention Quincey or Cleary. Those are the two players that are going to handicap the team this season. (not to mention they are both getting absurd paychecks for sucking)

That is nothing but an excuse. Franzen was signed before Hossa and after there wasn't enough cap space to sign Hossa to a contract he deserved. Of course he would turn down Franzen money, he is worth way more. There is no excuse for such a horrible decision by Holland.

I've heard a lot of Chicago fans complaining about hossa too