• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Alfie wants to play

Rate this topic

In that entry, Malik also notes:

Holland also told TSN 690 Montreal's Morning Show that he feels Anthony Mantha can crack the lineup if he makes the "top 9," not just the "top 6"...

It makes sense, since we roll three scoring lines, one of which is sheltered.

Guest DeGraa55

..... Or, maybe play him exactly where he should start the season... In the minors, getting top line minutes, playing in all situations, gaining confidence...

I agree we all ready have a logjam at forward let him play all year in the ahl and if he lights it up...nhl in 15

...so Holland says he is looking to re-sign Alfie and will NOT be signing a depth defenseman or forward. So our worst nightmare has come true. Only $4M left in cap, don't know how he is going to split that up between Danny and Alfie...

Dekeyser can take 2.5m on a short deal and Alfie can have an incentive-based contract (like Iginlas this past season) with a base of 1-1.5m plus bonuses.

Definitely FAR from our worst nightmares...

Dekeyser can take 2.5m on a short deal and Alfie can have an incentive-based contract (like Iginlas this past season) with a base of 1-1.5m plus bonuses.

Definitely FAR from our worst nightmares...

And why should Danny do that ? Tatar got a great deal I'm sure Danny is looking at something around 3 - 3,5 per which he should be guy is easily worth that.

And why should Danny do that ? Tatar got a great deal I'm sure Danny is looking at something around 3 - 3,5 per which he should be guy is easily worth that.

Great. Pay him that and we're still under the cap. Still don't see why this is our "worst nightmare".

...so Holland says he is looking to re-sign Alfie and will NOT be signing a depth defenseman or forward. So our worst nightmare has come true. Only $4M left in cap, don't know how he is going to split that up between Danny and Alfie...

Alfie will mostly count against the cap next season. I don't think the Wings really need depth either. They need impact players, particularly on defense. Holland whiffed there, but we don't need more Brian Lashoff's on defense.

Forward actually looks decent if (and it's a huge if) they can stay healthy.

Edited by GoWings1905

Out of curiosity.....what depth players out there do you want?

Out of curiosity.....what depth players out there do you want?

Ryan Suter and David Backes

The question I asked was based on LeftWinger saying he wanted the Wings to sign some depth players instead of resigning Alfie. Suter and Backes are not UFA so they cannot be signed. Plus, neither would be considered as "depth", and neither would fit under the cap.

The question I asked was based on LeftWinger saying he wanted the Wings to sign some depth players instead of resigning Alfie. Suter and Backes are not UFA so they cannot be signed. Plus, neither would be considered as "depth", and neither would fit under the cap.

My tongue is never far from my cheek, cowboy. :lol:

I think Kopitar and Weber are better fits. Kopitar could center our 3rd line if Helm is injured again.

LIES

i.e. I still can't stand Weber and just want an excuse to have Backes as a Wing.

And :lol: at *IF* Herlmer is hurt again...don't you know that someone's dad's grandpa's chiropractor said Herlmer is a whiny piss baby?! GET WITH THE TIMES MAN!

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Guest DeGraa55

I think Kopitar and Weber are better fits. Kopitar could center our 3rd line if Helm is injured again.

That's just silly. Kopitar wouldn't even make this team.

And weber? Well I bet even Quincey could make him look bad.

Nothing really new, but this was on NHL.com today.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729224&navid=nhl:topheads

I don't think the Wings and Alfie will come to a decision until after training camp. Alfie and management know that if he performs well and Alfie feels that he can go for another season then the Wings will probably sign him to some contract that fits AFTER DK is signed. As others have mentioned this is kind of a double edged sword with Jurco starting with the Griffs if Alfie does sign.

I don't think the Wings and Alfie will come to a decision until after training camp. Alfie and management know that if he performs well and Alfie feels that he can go for another season then the Wings will probably sign him to some contract that fits AFTER DK is signed. As others have mentioned this is kind of a double edged sword with Jurco starting with the Griffs if Alfie does sign.

Personally, I think Jurco was doomed as soon as Cleary was signed. The only saving grace here though is if management sees that Cleary has a horrible camp and decides that they've had enough.

Personally, I think Jurco was doomed as soon as Cleary was signed. The only saving grace here though is if management sees that Cleary has a horrible camp and decides that they've had enough.

I don't think he is doomed. The only way he doesn't end up playing is he is sent down to the minors AND every single Red Wing forward stays healthy for 82 games. There is always someone injured, i'm sure Jurco will get his playing time in and by then end of the year be playing every game.