Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Dan Cleary Moment or Play

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Dan Cleary Moment or Play

Favorite Dan Cleary Moment or Play

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

Why would you hope he has a terrible season? Don't you think it would be better if he had a legit bounce back year and made the team better?

He didn't have a bad season. He's like 3 straight and cleary is not getting any healthier. The only way he makes the team better is by not making the team at all

#42 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

When he retires?
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#43 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

As for Cleary, it's awesome that he does this sort of extracurricular work, and I'm glad that the Red Wings take community involvement, charities, etc so seriously. There are so many organizations that literally cannot function without the aid of volunteers and/or donations. The Wings' organization does their fair share in this regard, and also provides a good role model for others in the community to do the same. Good on Cleary to keep that spirit alive. At the very least, I hope you've followed in Cleary's footsteps and are regularly donating your time and money to those less fortunate than you.

#44 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Let's get back on topic and stop discussing each other.

#45 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Cleary bringing the worst out of some people, isn't he?

Edited by WingsallTheway, 16 July 2014 - 06:20 PM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#46 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

That will probably win, but I like to forget anything that happened in those playoffs.  

Cleary was awful in the 2008 playoffs, but the Wings won the Cup.  In 2009, he was brilliant and scored a lot, but the Wings lost and he missed that crucial breakaway at the end of game 6 against the Pens.  

2007 is a better memory, because the team vindicated itself after choking in the playoffs in 2003, 2004 and 2006.  Losing to Anaheim on a deflection sucked, and I still feel we'd have won the Cup if not for that play, but overall, that playoff feels better.  Also likely because we won the Cup the following year.  2009 still stings because the Wings haven't won anything since then.

What about the Lilja OT giveaway to Selanne? 

temp 1

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

What about the Lilja OT giveaway to Selanne? 

You really think we would have won that game in OT?   :no2:

We couldn't beat Anaheim in OT to save our lives during those playoff series in 2003, 2007 and 2009.  Especially against Giguere.  It was our destiny to lose.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#48 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

My favorite moment is when GMR roots for him all game long....thats not my favorite moment..I hate it. hahaha

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 25 July 2014 - 10:01 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#49 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Game 7 winner against Ducks really stands out for me.

#50 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

My favorite moment is when GMR roots for him all game long....thats not my favorite moment..I hate it. hahaha

Well, he does provide a comic element.

This team lacks offensive talent and has no toughness.  Hard to find anything else to be positive about besides the village idiot.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#51 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

I chose the Pronger fight, I remember watching at the time and not believing that he was actually doing it...then the moment he prays for the refs...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#52 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

I chose the Pronger fight, I remember watching at the time and not believing that he was actually doing it...then the moment he prays for the refs...

Well they went on to win the cup. So maybe we need Cleary to get in a fight this year :)

#53 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Well they went on to win the cup. So maybe we need Cleary to get in a fight this year :)

I have to give him props for going up against Baby Huey.

Baby_Huey.jpg

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 27 July 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#54 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

When he crashes the net

EjbuL4W.gif

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#55 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

When he crashes the net

EjbuL4W.gif

Best part of that is he doesnt seem to have been pushed and the puck is on the other side of the ice lol

Edited by WingsallTheway, 27 July 2014 - 12:04 PM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#56 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Best part of that is he doesnt seem to have been pushed and the puck is on the other side of the ice lol

Agreed. It's up there with the St. Louis Blue d-man who faceplants into the glass gif for comedy (I think it was Colaiacovo, so there's the Wings connection.)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#57 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Agreed. It's up there with the St. Louis Blue d-man who faceplants into the glass gif for comedy (I think it was Colaiacovo, so there's the Wings connection.)

Was definately coliacavo. That gif was also way funnier based on his freakish ability of getting injured 

wingsalltheway.jpg

#58 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Never trust a gif.

He was crosschecked in the back prior to running into the crossbar.  Part of the reason he reacts the way he does is it looks like he hits his face on the crossbar.

And he was going hard to the net to get open for a pass or rebound.   It probably looks unfamiliar because he's one of the few Wings players who does it.  

#59 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

Never trust a gif.

He was crosschecked in the back prior to running into the crossbar.  Part of the reason he reacts the way he does is it looks like he hits his face on the crossbar.

And he was going hard to the net to get open for a pass or rebound.   It probably looks unfamiliar because he's one of the few Wings players who does it.  

Great job with the context. I'd forgotten about that. The gif is funny but not the whole story. Danny gets a pass from me on it, but I can't help chuckling at the gig when I see it.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Never trust a gif.

I trust the magical ref gif :)