• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JSDO3O

Renney out, Granato in

Rate this topic

Interesting. I was expecting them to bring up a successful coach from a different league that's ready to make the next step. When I checked last (at least at the AHL level) most of the top coaches have recently been plucked. Renney had a good deal of NHL experience, too, so perhaps Babcock was looking for someone who's familiar with how to run a team at this level already.

Anyway, welcome to the club!

Man that video...brought back the memories... we have not had a balls tough team for a while...(kronwalling doesn't count imo too singular events)..emphasis team..I remember when we had tough bottom sixers.....Lapointe and McCarty...this is exactly what we need for the east...bangers that can forecheck (and drop the mitts if need be our pp is NO enforcer anymore) so we get offensive zone puck possesion, with a mix of skill players....yeah and granato maybe he can bring something a little bit more passion like in that video wouldn't hurt this team. Now we have a mix of skill players and damn near also rans. WIth a youth movement of sorts.

Everyone blows up about the speed and skill game around here, but the reason wings did good against chicago in playoffs wasn't because they were blowing away and overmatching skill, but because they played like it was the playoffs and they were the underdog..so they took that role..had fun and made life hell on the opposing team..by doing exactly the opposite of what we do now. In that chicago series, they were hitting, clutching, grabbing, holding, tugging from behind on jerseys, whatever it took and whatever they thought they could get away with. Because they were already underdogs and took that attitude into the playoffs. And that is the same thing killing a speed and skill team in the playoffs. The noncalls on the holding, grabbing and clutching. Then it's a turnover and the other team scores. To me a speed and skill team is fine for a show, in the playoffs you need men not skill boys, guys who can make an impact and fight their way through the noncalls and make a play happen. Regular season is Montreal hockey and playoffs are Boston hockey. We need some impact players to be successful.

I read in Malik's report that Pens fans are devastated that Granato is leaving for Detroit. That makes me kind of happy.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-evening-news-weighing-in-on-the-coaching-shuffle-a-griffins-re-si?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Don't you mean k00l-aid?

BTW, for some reason the philosophy changed after 2009. They totally misused Downey that year and it ended up being the last he played...and barely played at that...then the choice...then, well I cannot explain what happened the next 5 years, but it isn't good.

I do think Granato will bring a different philosophy to the bench, but I hope Babs lets him try a bit. Of course I really don't know how successful he has been as an asst. I know that year on the video, he couldn't help the Avs too much in the sweep we handed them.

Don't you mean k00l-aid?

BTW, for some reason the philosophy changed after 2009. They totally misused Downey that year and it ended up being the last he played...and barely played at that...then the choice...then, well I cannot explain what happened the next 5 years, but it isn't good.

I do think Granato will bring a different philosophy to the bench, but I hope Babs lets him try a bit. Of course I really don't know how successful he has been as an asst. I know that year on the video, he couldn't help the Avs too much in the sweep we handed them.

56 GP 0G 3A, 116PIM

I will never forget you Aaron. :bye2:

At least someone finally chose Detroit :scared:

Babcock:

"It was an interesting process. I was surprised we could get him. He met with three other teams first. We let him do that. We were excited he chose to be a Red Wing. It worked out well."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/07/red_wings_coach_mike_babcock_l_3.html

Edited by rick zombo

Never liked Granato. He was a ***** boy that hid behind tough guys his entire career.

Agreed. I'd rather the Wings signed Cammi than Tony.

Granato never hesitated to get his stick up. Then he finally went too far because he was mad someone had the nerve to check him.