• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

There is one team in the Eastern Conference that is unequivocally better than the Red Wings. That team is the Bruins. Otherwise, it's wide open; the Wings, if healthy and humming, can go toe-to-toe with any EC team in a playoff series. If you disagree, you are wrong.

Well than I'm rather wrong than delusional. Pens, Bolts, Habs, Blue Jackets, Rangers are clearly better. Flyers may be a toss up but their physicality gives them the edge.

Edited by frankgrimes, 23 July 2014 - 02:28 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#42 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Well than I'm rather wrong than delusional. Pens, Bolts, Habs, Blue Jackets, Rangers are clearly better. Flyers may be a toss up but their physicality gives them the edge.

Blue jackets I would say are pretty comparable. I've always thought the Habs were overrated and they rode a hot streak to the conference finals. The bolts always seem to follow up a good year with a sub-par year.
I think most of those teams are close enough to us skill-wise that either team could get the upper hand. I wouldn't call any team "clearly better than us" except boston

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#43 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Blue jackets I would say are pretty comparable. I've always thought the Habs were overrated and they rode a hot streak to the conference finals. The bolts always seem to follow up a good year with a sub-par year.
I think most of those teams are close enough to us skill-wise that either team could get the upper hand. I wouldn't call any team "clearly better than us" except boston

Well the Habs have elite goaltending, so that's why I've put them above us. Bolts downfall in the playoffs was Lindberg but with the additions, probably Drouin making the team they look dangerous for years to come.

Rangers have elite elite goaltending and a great defense, Caps really pumped up their defense this offseason and Trotz is an outstanding coach and yeah Pittsburgh has Crosby, Napkin, Letang, Ehrhoff plus that Maataa Kido.

Blue Jackets, Flyers are closer yes and we should be better than the Panthers, Sabres, Send and Isles but that's not the type of category the Wings should be finding themselves in.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !