• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Dekeyser signed. 2 yrs $2.187 million AAV

Rate this topic

Why are people comparing Stuart and dekeyser? That seems odd to me

I'm not following it either, unless it's just a simple comparison that both are defensive minded d-men. The similarities really end there, though. DeKeyser is a terrific skater and puck mover. Stuart was physical and a great shot blocker on the PK. Two pretty different players and skill sets, IMO.

Wait, what are you implying?

I was referring to a post saying that Tatar might ask for a huge raise. As an RFA, you shouldn't ask for a raise unless you are indispensable. The only indispensable players on the Wings are 13 and 40.

91 was indispensable and was not at fault for wanting more money. He obviously was worth it.

So if he does/is asking for a raise, drop him and don't overpay.

Dekeyser gets rid of the puck as soon as he has it, that's his game. He's not a possession player, that's my point

Well you made the defensive/offensive distinction and said it's because he falls into the former category. My point with Stralman is that that distinction doesn't necessarily hold up. Or something.

Not that I fully disagree with what you're saying. DeKeyser's no Lidstrom or Rafalski with the puck on his stick. But, I dunno, I think you're making him sound like Lashoff, and number9 is putting too much on "being physical," whatever that means (besides laying big hits, which I think is largely a take-it-or-leave-it kind of thing, unless the guy in question is a beast like Stevens or Pronger or Chara and brutality is a huge reason why he's one of the best hockey players on the planet). DeKeyser's good with the puck, good without it, uses his body well, has spent half of his NHL career with Kyle Quincey, and - the big thing here - he's only going to improve (unless he continues to be stuck with Quincey). Kid's 24 years old and doesn't even have two full pro seasons under his belt, but I'd feel ok with him on the first pairing with Kronwall.

My original point about the corsi was that it's the one thing a person could, I guess, knock him for, maybe use to talk down his asking price in a contract negotiation or something. But, y'know, we're not a very good possession team at all. And, seriously, Quincey. So, all things considered, he's definitely a keeper. Much more than a guy who "gives the puck away as soon as he gets it" and "isn't physical." C'mon, dudes. Don't hate the player. Hate the game Kyle Quincey.

In short, blah blah blah I'm just talking for the sake of talking blah blah blah.

Someone asked for a Tatar comparable. The first name that popped into my head was Chris Kreider, but I guess that's not very helpful in trying to set a market value for Tatar. Unless he gets extended before Tatar, in which case I think he'll largely dictate what Tatar gets. I'm gonna say Tatar again, because Tatar. Also, Tatar.

blah blah blah

I'm not following it either, unless it's just a simple comparison that both are defensive minded d-men. The similarities really end there, though. DeKeyser is a terrific skater and puck mover. Stuart was physical and a great shot blocker on the PK. Two pretty different players and skill sets, IMO.

That's exactly what I'm pointing at. Id like to see DD bulk up and be our new stewie. I don't think he'll ever be an O minded guy.

I actually think that as DeKeyser's confidence builds, his possession of the puck is going to increase. I doubt he's going to pick up plenty of points or throw a ton of hits, but he's going to be very good positionally and minimize his mistakes. If anything, I feel like he's got a good chance to develop into a Vlasic type player.

I actually think that as DeKeyser's confidence builds, his possession of the puck is going to increase. I doubt he's going to pick up plenty of points or throw a ton of hits, but he's going to be very good positionally and minimize his mistakes. If anything, I feel like he's got a good chance to develop into a Vlasic type player.

Well as the season went on he seemed to get better offensively so I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 30-35 points next year.

Well as the season went on he seemed to get better offensively so I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 30-35 points next year.

I don't doubt he'd be able to do it with the proper PP time, but I'm not sure he'll get it. Most of his 23 points were ES, but so were Smith's - to push to that 30-35 point mark, he'd need consistent time on the PP, I think.

I hope Smith gets his proper shot on the PP this year, as I think that's where his value lies. Kronwall and Kindl are mainstays, as long as Kindl's in the line-up, and I think the team has enough forwards who might play the point on the PP.

I guess we'll see, but I think that DD's talents should be more focused on minute eating and the PK next season, while some of the more offensively inclined guys should work the PP. Just my two cents.

Kindl's gonna go on waivers cause they can't trade him and Smith will get 2nd PP time.

Then Kindl goes to a couple teams in the west and improves greatly - then Holland desperately trades a 1st round pick at the trade deadline for him and then Kindl stinks up the joint here again and gets re-signed for 4.25mill.

No worries they'll sign. Holland doesn't sign over priced UFA's for this reason. There's more then enough cap room to sign Tatar and DeKeyser, then Nyquist and Smith next off season.

You are aware he offered a ton of money for Niskanen and more than Boyle received from the Rangers? Just because Holland doesn't know why free agents aren't coming here doesn't mean he hasn't been trying.

Besides, how do you not classify Quincey as an overpriced UFA?

Kindl's gonna go on waivers cause they can't trade him and Smith will get 2nd PP time.

You really think they'd waive him? I don't think there's a chance at this point. I know they want one of the kids to play, but I don't think they'll just lose Kindl for nothing. Doesn't seem like Holland's style. They'll likely run Paetsch-Ouellet, Evans-Sproul and Backman-Marchenko in GR, and let Jensen and Nedomlel bounce between the AHL/ECHL.

You are aware he offered a ton of money for Niskanen and more than Boyle received from the Rangers? Just because Holland doesn't know why free agents aren't coming here doesn't mean he hasn't been trying.

Besides, how do you not classify Quincey as an overpriced UFA?

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that. But he's OUR overpriced UFA... :glare:

Yea they won't let a former first round pick just go away for nothing. Especially not after the Quincey debacle. I could see them trading him away for maybe like a 5th or 6th rounder, but they wouldn't just let him go like that.

Yea they won't let a former first round pick just go away for nothing. Especially not after the Quincey debacle. I could see them trading him away for maybe like a 5th or 6th rounder, but they wouldn't just let him go like that.

Why would any GM give up anything for Kindl and his contract when a guy like Del Zotto is available for free and on a lesser contract.

You really think they'd waive him? I don't think there's a chance at this point. I know they want one of the kids to play, but I don't think they'll just lose Kindl for nothing. Doesn't seem like Holland's style. They'll likely run Paetsch-Ouellet, Evans-Sproul and Backman-Marchenko in GR, and let Jensen and Nedomlel bounce between the AHL/ECHL.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that. But he's OUR overpriced UFA... :glare:

Kindl is a goner. He was sat in a crucial final playoff game because he was terrible, for an UNTRIED PROSPECT. And the prospect played better than Kindl. They'll waive him and lose him for nothing because no one wants him. Or he will bolt to the KHL. If I were a betting man I'd say he's not in their plans for the future. And we have lost players for nothing. Quite a few times, so it wouldn't surprise me to lose him for nothing.

If the Wings can't trade Kindl than yes I feel they may waive him. If no other team wants him then why would the Wings? Let him go down to GR and then fizzle out to Europe.

Well even if you technically lose him for nothing, it gives us a free roster spot to feel while it may not be much at least it's something. Also DeKeyser is simple a must sign, very steady defender who just needs to bulk up more and he will only get better, plus he is a michigan boy AND young.

With some of the contracts given out this year it really wouldn't surprise me if he gets - and deserves - around 4 mill per.

...after the #KFQ signing I doubt the Wings would want to afford another $4M+ a year defenseman. I think Diesel can be had for $2.5M to $3.5M on a two to three year bridge contract. He will still be an RFA after that and can then get a nice fat contract that will bring him into UFA territory. His next contract, if all progresses then way we all hope it does, will be in the $5M to more range. I just don't think he should get a $4M+ contract right now. I don't know why #KFQ got that much, but he is most definitely NOT worth that even on the open market and at this moment Diesel is not quite to Kronwall status on this team. I say two years $2.75 per and then the next RFA signing will be his big one...then I dread the UFA days to come.

I don't think Tatar should get more the $1.5M. IF he turns that down and opts for arbitration and handcuffs Holland, I will be putting him the Hudler category.