• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Dekeyser signed. 2 yrs $2.187 million AAV

Rate this topic

...after the #KFQ signing I doubt the Wings would want to afford another $4M+ a year defenseman. I think Diesel can be had for $2.5M to $3.5M on a two to three year bridge contract. He will still be an RFA after that and can then get a nice fat contract that will bring him into UFA territory. His next contract, if all progresses then way we all hope it does, will be in the $5M to more range. I just don't think he should get a $4M+ contract right now. I don't know why #KFQ got that much, but he is most definitely NOT worth that even on the open market and at this moment Diesel is not quite to Kronwall status on this team. I say two years $2.75 per and then the next RFA signing will be his big one...then I dread the UFA days to come.

I don't think Tatar should get more the $1.5M. IF he turns that down and opts for arbitration and handcuffs Holland, I will be putting him the Hudler category.

From what I know Diesel is the nickname for that Oilers pick. Anyway if the Dekeyser camp asks for 4 mill per and deservingly so, Holland only has himself to blame because HE signed Quincey to that 8.5 tow year deal. You don't piss off RFA's with lowball offers like that.

Tatar will for sure get more than 1.5 per. If things are going really really well I could maybe see both settleing in on around 3,25 per which I would consider a steal.

...after the #KFQ signing I doubt the Wings would want to afford another $4M+ a year defenseman. I think Diesel can be had for $2.5M to $3.5M on a two to three year bridge contract. He will still be an RFA after that and can then get a nice fat contract that will bring him into UFA territory. His next contract, if all progresses then way we all hope it does, will be in the $5M to more range. I just don't think he should get a $4M+ contract right now. I don't know why #KFQ got that much, but he is most definitely NOT worth that even on the open market and at this moment Diesel is not quite to Kronwall status on this team. I say two years $2.75 per and then the next RFA signing will be his big one...then I dread the UFA days to come.

I don't think Tatar should get more the $1.5M. IF he turns that down and opts for arbitration and handcuffs Holland, I will be putting him the Hudler category.

Am I missing something here?

diesel1_display_image.jpg?1294893894

Looking at what Quincey got is really not a good comparison due to his UFA status. UFA eligibility is a seriously negotiated term of the CBA as compensation coming out of UFA is significantly different than a RFA. That's just the way it is. It is something you need to "earn" - goes beyond just your ability on the ice. Danny has played a total of 76 games in the NHL, I'd be pretty hesitant in handing out a fat contract.

Wasn't he always billed as being from Detroit?

(I posed that as a question even though I know this to be definitely true).

Yeah. Maybe not in his earlier days when he had different gimmicks.

I'm confused, though. Is this Dekeyser's nickname, because I've never heard it until now. I thought his nickname should be "Der Kaiser", like Beckenbauer.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. The deadline to file for arbitration was back on July 5.

Yeah. Maybe not in his earlier days when he had different gimmicks.

I'm confused, though. Is this Dekeyser's nickname, because I've never heard it until now. I thought his nickname should be "Der Kaiser", like Beckenbauer.

I thought his nickname was "Big Daddy Cool", or was it the "1-2-3 Kid"? I can never keep his nicknames straight.

Ogre....good! I did not know the date had past! I am happy to hear that!

Forgive me guys for the "Diesel" nickname. I started calling him that back when he was still in WMU. Everyone was calling him Danny D and the only other Danny (its actually an I) D I knew of is Danielle Colby from The American Pickers...her Burlesque stage name is Danni Diesel and the guys on the show call her Danni D all the time...so I started calling our Danny D, Diesel. I think its a good nick name for him. Not that I am comparing our Danny D to their Danni D, although I can imagine their Danni D is as tough as they come...

Edited by LeftWinger

I'm worried about both of them. The way this offseason has gone for the Wings has me honestly very worried about the Holland term "fair deals". If I'm Dekeyser's agent and the deal is a joke compared to the one Quincey got well he wouldn't hear back from me too soon either and once he he does my counter-offer would start at the 4 mill ballpark I really believe Dekeyser has earned it.

This make brain hurt.

;)

Ogre....good! I did not know the date had past! I am happy to hear that!

Forgive me guys for the "Diesel" nickname. I started calling him that back when he was still in WMU. Everyone was calling him Danny D and the only other Danny (its actually an I) D I knew of is Danielle Colby from The American Pickers...her Burlesque stage name is Danni Diesel and the guys on the show call her Danni D all the time...so I started calling our Danny D, Diesel. I think its a good nick name for him. Not that I am comparing our Danny D to their Danni D, although I can imagine their Danni D is as tough as they come...

I'm worried about both of them. The way this offseason has gone for the Wings has me honestly very worried about the Holland term "fair deals". If I'm Dekeyser's agent and the deal is a joke compared to the one Quincey got well he wouldn't hear back from me too soon either and once he he does my counter-offer would start at the 4 mill ballpark I really believe Dekeyser has earned it.

I'm not worried about either of them. Sure Holland's been munching on his own stones a bit with UFA dealings, but he's always been great when it comes to signing his own RFA deals.

I'm not worried about either of them. Sure Holland's been munching on his own stones a bit with UFA dealings, but he's always been great when it comes to signing his own RFA deals.

If we lose either one purely for money I'd call this the worst offseason since two decades.

Someone please resurrect the "player formerly known as Steve" post, I beg you. One of my all time faves.

You mean this one?

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/75839-look-whos-top-in-gr-scoring/

" It looks like Yellow Mustard is going to miss some time after catching that elbow last night against the Sabres. Its really bad timing too, because our defense already thin with Big Poppa out with a concussion and Bandit serving his 5 game suspension. I would say this forces us to call up someone from GR, most likely Billy the Kid or The Player Formerly Known As Steve. We might be in trouble on the back end until we get some regulars back, since this leaves the Boogeyman as our #1 defenseman. And you know what that means!!!!

Boogeyman - Hot Topic

Heebie Jeebies - Dances with Wolves

My Little Pony - Agent Orange

~&~ (The Player Formerly Known As Steve) "

You mean this one?

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/75839-look-whos-top-in-gr-scoring/

" It looks like Yellow Mustard is going to miss some time after catching that elbow last night against the Sabres. Its really bad timing too, because our defense already thin with Big Poppa out with a concussion and Bandit serving his 5 game suspension. I would say this forces us to call up someone from GR, most likely Billy the Kid or The Player Formerly Known As Steve. We might be in trouble on the back end until we get some regulars back, since this leaves the Boogeyman as our #1 defenseman. And you know what that means!!!!

Boogeyman - Hot Topic

Heebie Jeebies - Dances with Wolves

My Little Pony - Agent Orange

~&~ (The Player Formerly Known As Steve) "

:lol:

I don't think Danny has come close to "earning" the same money Quincey got. People can argue whether he's just as good or better all they want, but that's not how contracts get done in the NHL at this stage of his career. If Danny was a star player and clearly better, it would be a different story, but the truth is he is simply one of the guys who is developing and who has some promise and could very likely end up being the better player.

Quincey put in many years to get to UFA status, which is what many players work towards and often only get the opportunity to experience once in their careers...that's when they cash in. If you are Danny, after putting in 70 odd games in NHL and looking to cash in the same way, then I'd be more than a bit annoyed.

I think Diesel should get about $3M max. I would prefer $2.5M. Lets consider the possibility that Kindl may likely be gone, so that would free up $2.4M. If Diesel was going to get $3M, then if Holland gave him a bit more, it wouldn't hurt the cap too much. I would like $2.5M to $3M, but I would be upset if he got $3M to $4M. We have to get him locked up. He chose Detroit over all the other teams who were throwing offers to him, Holland needs to exercise his well known loyalty contract and show his appreciation for choosing Detroit. No lowballing, no this is Detroit, no we are farmers...none of that. Its time for a change in philosophy. Start showing the FA's out there that you are willing to pay quality players, quality money and they may start taking notice. Stop paying your below average players the same amount of money you are offering the high end UFA's and things will change.

If we dumped Kindl, I wouldn't mind seeing Diesel and Tatar getting a combined $5M-$6M...with Diesel getting the bulk share of course.

I wonder what "not close" means here, because the article makes it seem like "not close" is more that they haven't really started working though this process of negotiating. Tatar is overseas, Dekeyser they haven't spoken with since the draft. Holland gave each of them offers and hasn't heard anything back. It sounds like these guys are just enjoying their summer and aren't even focusing on contract talks right now.

But given that my perspective is one of very limited access, who knows what's actually going on.

I think Diesel should get about $3M max. I would prefer $2.5M. Lets consider the possibility that Kindl may likely be gone, so that would free up $2.4M. If Diesel was going to get $3M, then if Holland gave him a bit more, it wouldn't hurt the cap too much. I would like $2.5M to $3M, but I would be upset if he got $3M to $4M. We have to get him locked up. He chose Detroit over all the other teams who were throwing offers to him, Holland needs to exercise his well known loyalty contract and show his appreciation for choosing Detroit. No lowballing, no this is Detroit, no we are farmers...none of that. Its time for a change in philosophy. Start showing the FA's out there that you are willing to pay quality players, quality money and they may start taking notice. Stop paying your below average players the same amount of money you are offering the high end UFA's and things will change.

If we dumped Kindl, I wouldn't mind seeing Diesel and Tatar getting a combined $5M-$6M...with Diesel getting the bulk share of course.

By Diesel do you mean Kevin Nash? Cause thats a horrible nickname that I really hope doesn't catch on.

Regarding Tatar...

Tomas, what's the current situation in terms of your future overseas?

"For some time, together with my agent, we've been negotiating a new contract with Detroit. But it's not easy; it's a business, and both sides want to have the best conditions."
Do you already have a specific proposal on the table?
"Yes, I have three options. The team's offered me two, three and five-year contracts. Of course the offers have other financial circumstances."
Which one of the alternatives do you prefer?
"It looks like I'll sign a two or three-year contract. We're close to an agreement, but a few things need to be resolved."
Do you have a red line deadline, or do you have some time to think?
"No, we're not in a rush. It doesn't matter whether I'll sign today or in two weeks."
Why?
"Detroit has my rights until I'm 27, so I can't negotiate with any other NHL team, so I have time" (Tatar says, and laughs).
But could it possibly happen that Detroit would sign you to a new contract and then let you go?
"It might. Especially because hockey and the NHL are a big business. But I don't think that will happen."
Now what are you doing?
"I'm recovering from a short weekend trip to Croatia, but I'm training fully and preparing for the new season."

Dunno if this has already been posted or not:

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-mid-day-news-tatar-talks-contract-turkey-the-wings-nbcsn-sked-and

Tatar says...

• There are three options on the table: a two-year deal, a three-year deal, and a five-year deal.
  • It looks like he'll take the two or three.
  • It doesn't matter to him if he signs "today or in two weeks."

EDIT: Damn, too slow.

Edited by Dabura

By Diesel do you mean Kevin Nash? Cause thats a horrible nickname that I really hope doesn't catch on.

I also thought about Kevin Big Sexy Nash, the guy only had two nicknames Diesel and Big Sexy *lol* the other one I associate with Diesel is that fast and furious superstar Vin Diesel.

As for Tatar:

The guy has shown tremendous loyality after playing through the most difficult time of his life, so I really hope he gets some sort of reward for that.