• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#61 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

I'm not following it either, unless it's just a simple comparison that both are defensive minded d-men. The similarities really end there, though. DeKeyser is a terrific skater and puck mover. Stuart was physical and a great shot blocker on the PK. Two pretty different players and skill sets, IMO.

That's exactly what I'm pointing at. Id like to see DD bulk up and be our new stewie. I don't think he'll ever be an O minded guy.

#62 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

I actually think that as DeKeyser's confidence builds, his possession of the puck is going to increase. I doubt he's going to pick up plenty of points or throw a ton of hits, but he's going to be very good positionally and minimize his mistakes. If anything, I feel like he's got a good chance to develop into a Vlasic type player.

#63 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

I actually think that as DeKeyser's confidence builds, his possession of the puck is going to increase. I doubt he's going to pick up plenty of points or throw a ton of hits, but he's going to be very good positionally and minimize his mistakes. If anything, I feel like he's got a good chance to develop into a Vlasic type player.

Well as the season went on he seemed to get better offensively so I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 30-35 points next year.

#64 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

No worries they'll sign. Holland doesn't sign over priced UFA's for this reason. There's more then enough cap room to sign Tatar and DeKeyser, then Nyquist and Smith next off season.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#65 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

Well as the season went on he seemed to get better offensively so I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 30-35 points next year.

I don't doubt he'd be able to do it with the proper PP time, but I'm not sure he'll get it. Most of his 23 points were ES, but so were Smith's - to push to that 30-35 point mark, he'd need consistent time on the PP, I think.

I hope Smith gets his proper shot on the PP this year, as I think that's where his value lies. Kronwall and Kindl are mainstays, as long as Kindl's in the line-up, and I think the team has enough forwards who might play the point on the PP.

I guess we'll see, but I think that DD's talents should be more focused on minute eating and the PK next season, while some of the more offensively inclined guys should work the PP. Just my two cents.

#66 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Kindl's gonna go on waivers cause they can't trade him and Smith will get 2nd PP time.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#67 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Kindl's gonna go on waivers cause they can't trade him and Smith will get 2nd PP time.

Then Kindl goes to a couple teams in the west and improves greatly - then Holland desperately trades a 1st round pick at the trade deadline for him and then Kindl stinks up the joint here again and gets re-signed for 4.25mill.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#68 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

No worries they'll sign. Holland doesn't sign over priced UFA's for this reason. There's more then enough cap room to sign Tatar and DeKeyser, then Nyquist and Smith next off season.

You are aware he offered a ton of money for Niskanen and more than Boyle received from the Rangers? Just because Holland doesn't know why free agents aren't coming here doesn't mean he hasn't been trying.

Besides, how do you not classify Quincey as an overpriced UFA?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#69 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

You really think they'd waive him? I don't think there's a chance at this point. I know they want one of the kids to play, but I don't think they'll just lose Kindl for nothing. Doesn't seem like Holland's style. They'll likely run Paetsch-Ouellet, Evans-Sproul and Backman-Marchenko in GR, and let Jensen and Nedomlel bounce between the AHL/ECHL.

You are aware he offered a ton of money for Niskanen and more than Boyle received from the Rangers? Just because Holland doesn't know why free agents aren't coming here doesn't mean he hasn't been trying.

Besides, how do you not classify Quincey as an overpriced UFA?

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that. But he's OUR overpriced UFA...  :glare:

#70 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Yea they won't let a former first round pick just go away for nothing. Especially not after the Quincey debacle. I could see them trading him away for maybe like a 5th or 6th rounder, but they wouldn't just let him go like that. 

temp 1

#71 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Yea they won't let a former first round pick just go away for nothing. Especially not after the Quincey debacle. I could see them trading him away for maybe like a 5th or 6th rounder, but they wouldn't just let him go like that. 

Why would any GM give up anything for Kindl and his contract when a guy like Del Zotto is available for free and on a lesser contract.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#72 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

You really think they'd waive him? I don't think there's a chance at this point. I know they want one of the kids to play, but I don't think they'll just lose Kindl for nothing. Doesn't seem like Holland's style. They'll likely run Paetsch-Ouellet, Evans-Sproul and Backman-Marchenko in GR, and let Jensen and Nedomlel bounce between the AHL/ECHL.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that. But he's OUR overpriced UFA...  :glare:

Kindl is a goner.  He was sat in a crucial final playoff game because he was terrible, for an UNTRIED PROSPECT.  And the prospect played better than Kindl.  They'll waive him and lose him for nothing because no one wants him.  Or he will bolt to the KHL.  If I were a betting man I'd say he's not in their plans for the future.  And we have lost players for nothing.  Quite a few times, so it wouldn't surprise me to lose him for nothing.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#73 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

If the Wings can't trade Kindl than yes I feel they may waive him.  If no other team wants him then why would the Wings?  Let him go down to GR and then fizzle out to Europe.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#74 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Well  even if you technically lose him for nothing, it gives us a free roster spot to feel while it may not be much at least it's something. Also DeKeyser is simple a must sign,  very steady defender who just needs to bulk up more and he will only get better, plus he is a michigan boy AND young.

With some of the contracts given out this year it really wouldn't surprise me if he gets - and deserves - around 4 mill per.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#75 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

...after the #KFQ signing I doubt the Wings would want to afford another $4M+ a year defenseman.  I think Diesel can be had for $2.5M to $3.5M on a two to three year bridge contract.  He will still be an RFA after that and can then get a nice fat contract that will bring him into UFA territory.  His next contract, if all progresses then way we all hope it does, will be in the $5M to more range.  I just don't think he should get a $4M+ contract right now.  I don't know why #KFQ got that much, but he is most definitely NOT worth that even on the open market and at this moment Diesel is not quite to Kronwall status on this team.  I say two years $2.75 per and then the next RFA signing will be his big one...then I dread the UFA days to come.

I don't think Tatar should get more the $1.5M.  IF he turns that down and opts for arbitration and handcuffs Holland, I will be putting him the Hudler category.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#76 krsmith17

krsmith17

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

I still think Holland will get them both signed for under $4M, and possibly around the $3M range. My bet is still around $1.25M - $1.5M for Tatar and $1.75M - $2M for DeKeyser

#77 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

...after the #KFQ signing I doubt the Wings would want to afford another $4M+ a year defenseman.  I think Diesel can be had for $2.5M to $3.5M on a two to three year bridge contract.  He will still be an RFA after that and can then get a nice fat contract that will bring him into UFA territory.  His next contract, if all progresses then way we all hope it does, will be in the $5M to more range.  I just don't think he should get a $4M+ contract right now.  I don't know why #KFQ got that much, but he is most definitely NOT worth that even on the open market and at this moment Diesel is not quite to Kronwall status on this team.  I say two years $2.75 per and then the next RFA signing will be his big one...then I dread the UFA days to come.

I don't think Tatar should get more the $1.5M.  IF he turns that down and opts for arbitration and handcuffs Holland, I will be putting him the Hudler category.

From what I know Diesel is the nickname for that Oilers pick. Anyway if the Dekeyser camp asks for 4 mill per and deservingly so,  Holland only has himself to blame because HE signed Quincey to that 8.5 tow year deal. You don't piss off RFA's with lowball offers like that.

Tatar will for sure get more than 1.5 per. If things are going really really well I could maybe see both settleing in on around 3,25 per which I would consider a steal.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#78 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Am I missing something here?

diesel1_display_image.jpg?1294893894

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#79 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Looking at what Quincey got is really not a good comparison due to his UFA status.  UFA eligibility is a seriously negotiated term of the CBA as compensation coming out of UFA is significantly different than a RFA.  That's just the way it is.  It is something you need to "earn" - goes beyond just your ability on the ice.  Danny has played a total of 76 games in the NHL, I'd be pretty hesitant in handing out a fat contract.

#80 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Am I missing something here?

diesel1_display_image.jpg?1294893894

Wasn't he always billed as being from Detroit?

(I posed that as a question even though I know this to be definitely true). 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."