• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Dekeyser signed. 2 yrs $2.187 million AAV

Rate this topic

The final sentence contradicts itself - they remain far apart - both are certain to be signed before training camp.

Far apart does not readily lend itself to certainty.

Anyone have any idea what the disputed numbers are looking like? i.e. just HOW far apart they are?

Club not close to deals with DeKeyser, Tatar

This leaves the Red Wings with three unsigned restricted free agents. They remain far apart in talks with defenseman Danny DeKeyser and forward Tomas Tatar, but both are certain to be signed before training camp on Sept. 18.

ETA: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/07/detroit_red_wings_re-sign_forw.html

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest DeGraa55

Dekeyser saw the deal Quincey got and realized he is worth at least 8m...he is double the player Quincey is.

Tatar I'm not surprised. He has a cocky attitude and frankly thinks he is better than what he is so I wonder how far off their numbers are to the wings. Is it a million or two? Couple hundred thousand?

I could be way off but I was expecting DD to get around 1.7-2m on a bridge deal, and Tatar to get around 1-1.5 tops. One thing Holland has always been pretty good at is getting our RFAs to sign cheap deals, but it is curious that they're "far apart".

However, this isn't too uncommon for RFA negotiations and really there isn't much risk of losing them, maybe the Wings will have to pay a few hundred K more than they'd like but that's about it.

Edited by hooon

I wonder if Savage heard directly from Holland or the player's agents that they "are far apart".

Or is he just assuming that "not close" = "far apart."

Because "not close" could simply mean that neither side has gotten serious about getting something done because neither side is in a rush.

Hudler and Fedorov are the only RFAs that Holland has ever had trouble with, so I'm not overly worried.

The concern shouldn't be: do we re-sign them? The concern should be: will we destroy our relationship with them trying to lowball them. Quite frankly I bet Tatar looks at the Cleary deal and says "I'm worth double that.". And frankly, its silly for Holland to get stingy with the good players and throw wallets at the bad ones.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

The concern shouldn't be: do we re-sign them? The concern should be: will we destroy our relationship with them trying to lowball them. Quite frankly I bet Tatar looks at the Cleary deal and says "I'm worth double that.". And frankly, its silly for Holland to get stingy with the good players and throw wallets at the bad ones. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

You don't compare UFAs with RFAs. Cleary to Tatar and earlier mentioned was Dekeyser to Quincey. It doesn't work like that...

On a side note....I can see the Tatar negotiations taking a while. Tatar expects to be PAID....

They'll both be re-signed, each to a reasonable deal. DeKeyser wants to be a Red Wing, didn't take the team to arbitration. Tatar is, I think, a better team guy than we give him credit for being. He doesn't seem to be the second coming of Fedorov in the ego department.

Tatar doesn't really deserve much more than Sheahan at 950k. DD should be given a deal around Kindl cap hit.

You really don't think Tatar is worth at least a million? He was one goal shy of 20 in his rookie season, despite not playing the first 10 games or so.

I would be willing to give him 1.5, or maybe 1.7-1.8 caphit spread out over a couple years.

They'll both be re-signed, each to a reasonable deal. DeKeyser wants to be a Red Wing, didn't take the team to arbitration. Tatar is, I think, a better team guy than we give him credit for being. He doesn't seem to be the second coming of Fedorov in the ego department.

No one on the current Wings roster save Datsyuk and Zetterberg has anywhere near the talent Fedorov had even in his later years on the Wings. Let alone in 98 when he was re-signed and pretty much guaranteed a repeat Cup win and IMHO should have won the Conn Smythe.

If anyone on the Wings besides those 2 say anything like "well I deserve to be paid more based on my skills" then they should be let go. It's one thing to ask for more playing time or to be out of the minors, it's another to want to be paid more and to say in publicly/in the media.

Kadri in Toronto.

I think that's being awfully generous... I was thinking more along the lines of Killorn in Tampa. Probably at a slightly less annual average.

*I'm referring to possible salary comparisons not types of players.

Edited by Son of a Wing

I think that's being awfully generous... I was thinking more along the lines of Killorn in Tampa. Probably at a slightly less annual average.

*I'm referring to possible salary comparisons not types of players.

Me too... I think Tatar is a guy who we and management severely under rate. And since many of our younger players are held down in the minors I don't have a problem with them wanting to get paid once they finally get promoted. For many of them their NHL careers are 1-2 seasons shorter than they would be with any other organization.

Me too... I think Tatar is a guy who we and management severely under rate. And since many of our younger players are held down in the minors I don't have a problem with them wanting to get paid once they finally get promoted. For many of them their NHL careers are 1-2 seasons shorter than they would be with any other organization.

I very much disagree with that. I think because they develop longer they end up better players because of it and thus make more money.

I still remember when Tatar was venting to the media a while back about how tough it was to watch Cory Conacher playing in the NHL when he knew he was just as good.

Well....look at how that worked out for each of them....