• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Callahan and Nestrasil re-signed

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

I still think Callahan would be a decent fourth liner...we just have too many as it is.

Well, Kenny sure has had a great off season for the Griffins.

I think both Callahan and Nestrasil have to clear waivers now to play in Grand Rapids. I've been interested in seeing both of these guys on the Wings, especially Callahan. With the amount of forwards we have signed, I don't know if either one will be Red Wing property a few months from now...

I'm probably wrong on this one, but I thought that players could be placed in the AHL prior to the season without being exposed to waivers. My understanding is that the waiver period starts twelve days before the season begins. Can't Callahan and Nestrasil start down in GR, then have to deal with waivers if/when they're called up, or are they exposed regardless?

The NHL video games have my perception of this one a little skewed.

Guest DeGraa55

I don't really know where Callahan will play? Our roster is pretty full.

It's ole were actually going to run four defense and 14 forwards.

harold has already made this request, so this will be the last one:

An update:

I know people are unhappy about the signing, but enough with the Cleary jokes in every single thread on the forum.

For starters, they're usually not that funny as it gets old very fast. Second, it makes it difficult to carry on a conversation about the actual topic.

Thank you.

Nestrasil does NOT have to clear. The only guys that are out of exemptions are Callahan, Ferraro, Almqvist. Of course Almqvist went to Europe, so that helps out, but the other two just may be lost to waivers, especially Callahan at league minimum...we'll see what Ferraro re-ups for.

Based on what? One Clarkson like season in the AHL?

On second thought, Burke might claim him and sign him to an 8 year $40 mil extension.

A budget team with a weak bottom six and problems on the D side of the puck might be interested in him. A team like the Sens, maybe.

You guys are seriously over rating him. He's projected as a 4th line agitator, not a second line scorer.

I said he was better than Cleary, who is projected as being nowhere in the NHL without his man-crushees.

A 4th line agitator/mini-Holmstrom>absolutely nothing. Callahan brings skills that this team has lacked for a while.