• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Wings sign Zengerle

Rate this topic

man this is surreal......the Wings sign Cleary and Quincy and three guys i never heard of....

the times are changing

We are loading up

the days of...."Red wings sign Robitaille, Hull and Hasek" in one week are over

Those days were over after the 2003-04 season, the last season before the salary crap was started. Those were some good times for sure.

These AHL signings are nice depth, especially when Holland dinks around and loses his players with no exemptions to waivers. Someone has to take those spots in GR. We've signed 4 new guys for GR and will probably lose Aubry, Callahan, Nestrasil, Ferraro, Fournier, Parkes, Coetzee, and Emmerton. Almqvist already bolted to Europe. All these guys are UFA's or RFA's or already signed, but have to pass waivers in order to stay in GR.

These AHL signings are nice depth, especially when Holland dinks around and loses his players with no exemptions to waivers. Someone has to take those spots in GR. We've signed 4 new guys for GR and will probably lose Aubry, Callahan, Nestrasil, Ferraro, Fournier, Parkes, Coetzee, and Emmerton. Almqvist already bolted to Europe. All these guys are UFA's or RFA's or already signed, but have to pass waivers in order to stay in GR.

Already lost Emmerton. He's off to HC Sochi in the KHL. Personally, I'm not convinced that Callahan and/or Ferraro will be snapped up on waivers if they have to be put through.

Nestrasil's been re-signed and I highly doubt he gets claimed on waivers. He'll be in GRs fo' sho'.

I hope they do clear waivers, because there is no room here for them. Problem is now, when it comes to injury call ups, it will be guys that don't have to clear waivers, so it will look like the non-exempt guys are pretty much screwed out of a NHL job, unless they do get called up and play so well that Holland can't send them back...Sheahan, Jurco, Tatar. We didn't land anyone in UFA land, so I just want to see what our kids are ready to do. But I do kinda understand Holland not wanting 50%+ kids and turn into Edmonton. I like depth signings, especially since they pretty much act as extra draft picks.

watching his highlights I he seems like a veryyyy good first pass guy. I know we have a lot of those, but if he keeps improving I can't imagine what he could do with guys like Jurco, Tatar, and Pulikkenen on his wings. Good signing. He and Miele could end up being very good acquisitions in the near future.

Those days were over after the 2003-04 season, the last season before the salary crap was started. Those were some good times for sure.

Even after, there were some pretty exciting times

"Wings sign Hossa to a 1 year deal"

and even the plug signing

"Wings sign Conklin to a 700k contract"

Almost a guarantee to the cup (and we only missed out by a couple of goals)

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/52134-marian-hossa-a-red-wing-1yr-745m/

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/52544-i-still-cant-believe-hossa-is-a-red-wing/

I miss our old management group... :bye2:

Edited by anthonyn66

i think all of the minor signings are great finds!

even yesterday guy...alden hirschfeld.

porter

miele

nosek

zengerle

the recent guys seem to be quality add-ons that could make the griffs very serious this coming season.

since the UFA debacle...it looked to me like they shifted gears to focus on building the farm with high quality free agents.

although we have to wait 1-4 years...this could prove to be a great thing for the wings.

now if only we can grab that guy from chicago....cant find his name.

I'd like to know where all these players are going to fit in?... You would have to think that some of them will have to be sent down to the Toledo Walleye.

As it stands right now the Griffins roster could possibly shape out to be something like this...

Tomas Jurco - Mattias Janmark - Teemu Pulkkinen

Andreas Athanasiou - Andy Miele - Anthony Mantha

Andrej Nesrasil - Tomas Nosek - Martin Frk

Jeff Hoggan - Mark Zengerle - Zach Nastasiuk

Leaving Marek Tvrdon, Louis-Marc Aubry, Colin Campbell, Kevin Porter, Shane Berschbach and Alden Hirschfield fighting for spots or sent down to Toldeo

Nathan Paetsch - Ryan Sproul

Mattias Backman - Alexey Marchenko

Brennan Evans - Nick Jensen

Richard Nedomlel

Petr Mrazek

Tom McCollum

Leaving Jared Coreau and Jake Paterson down in Toledo

*Notes

I have Jurco being sent down to the Griffins, at least to start the season

I'm leaving Landon Ferraro and Mitch Callahan out because they are no longer waiver exempt.

I think one will be the Red Wings 14th forward (hopefully Callahan) and the other will be sent down and possibly claimed by another team.

I think one of our defensive prospects will make the big club.

Although I would like to see it be Marchenko, I think it may be Ouellet so I left him out.

Cory Emmerton and Adam Almquist signed in the KHL

Trevor Parkes, Willie Coetzee, Gleason Fournier and Max Nicastro were let go

Tristan Grant will more than likely be let go and Brennan Evans will probably be brought back or replaced by another veteran.

I'll be honest, I've read a few different scouting reports on all of our new signees but other than that I don't know a whole lot about their overall games. I'll take your word on Porter and good call on Janmark, I completely forgot about that. Thanks!

I'd like to know where all these players are going to fit in?... You would have to think that some of them will have to be sent down to the Toledo Walleye.

As it stands right now the Griffins roster could possibly shape out to be something like this...

Tomas Jurco - Mattias Janmark - Teemu Pulkkinen

Andreas Athanasiou - Andy Miele - Anthony Mantha

Andrej Nesrasil - Tomas Nosek - Martin Frk

Jeff Hoggan - Mark Zengerle - Zach Nastasiuk

Leaving Marek Tvrdon, Louis-Marc Aubry, Colin Campbell, Kevin Porter, Shane Berschbach and Alden Hirschfield fighting for spots or sent down to Toldeo

Nathan Paetsch - Ryan Sproul

Mattias Backman - Alexey Marchenko

Brennan Evans - Nick Jensen

Richard Nedomlel

Petr Mrazek

Tom McCollum

Leaving Jared Coreau and Jake Paterson down in Toledo

*Notes

I have Jurco being sent down to the Griffins, at least to start the season

I'm leaving Landon Ferraro and Mitch Callahan out because they are no longer waiver exempt.

I think one will be the Red Wings 14th forward (hopefully Callahan) and the other will be sent down and possibly claimed by another team.

I think one of our defensive prospects will make the big club.

Although I would like to see it be Marchenko, I think it may be Ouellet so I left him out.

Cory Emmerton and Adam Almquist signed in the KHL

Trevor Parkes, Willie Coetzee, Gleason Fournier and Max Nicastro were let go

Tristan Grant will more than likely be let go and Brennan Evans will probably be brought back or replaced by another veteran.

Where is Ouellet playing? He won't be the 7th Dman on the Wings. Unless Kindl is moved, you gotta add XO to that list which will help the Griffs chances for another championship season. I may have to look into the AHL Live or whatever it's called and watch all the Griffs games.

If you read in the *Notes at the bottom I said, "I think one of our defensive prospects will make the club. Although I would like to see it be Marchenko, I think it may be Ouellet, so I left him out". And no, I know he definitely won't be up unless he's in the top 6, so my top 6 in Detroit would be, Kronwall - Ericsson, DeKeyser - Quincey, Ouellet - Smith, with Lashoff as the number 7 guy and Kindl being traded. I'm not saying that is how it would definitely play out but it is very possible and one of the scenarios that I would like to see...