• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Wings stuff on clearance at Dick's

Rate this topic

Stopped into our local Dick's Sporting Goods and stumbled on two clearance rack of shirts, pullovers, sweatshirts, coats, hats, socks, and some jerseys. Items were 50-75% off the lowest ticketed price and most of the stuff had been previously marked down. I got a Franzen WC Jersey for $34, and a embrodered heavy winter coat for $54. I added it up at home and we got $856 of originally priced stuff for $206!
The store's name is the common nickname for "Richard". :)

As a Richard, I object. The common nickname for Richard is Rick.

p.s. I bet that Franzen jersey is just gonna hang around your closet and not do much. ;)

Stopped into our local ****'s Sporting Goods and stumbled on two clearance rack of shirts, pullovers, sweatshirts, coats, hats, socks, and some jerseys. Items were 50-75% off the lowest ticketed price and most of the stuff had been previously marked down. I got a Franzen WC Jersey for $34, and a embrodered heavy winter coat for $54. I added it up at home and we got $856 of originally priced stuff for $206!

Edited by FireCaptain

I'm totally jealous of your good fortune.

Rick, sorry about that... I should have said "a common". :)Franzen was the only option in my size. My wife and son got WC jerseys of some guy named "Howard" for the same price. ;)

Wish I could go to the local stores and pick up bargain items. It always freaks me out when I'm in Meijer's and there is Wings stuff all over the place. You know, since I'm not usually in MI.

Amen. If I really want to buy official Wings stuff, some sporting good stores will have it or you can go online (but you'll pay full price). What sucks about being an out-of-market fan is that the Meijer or even grocery stores tend to carry shirts and other decently priced items that you obviously won't find out-of-state. And I'm weird about Wings gear because the red and white colors can be hard to make look good - they can get pretty "loud" or amateur looking if done wrong.

Stopped into our local ****'s Sporting Goods and stumbled on two clearance rack of shirts, pullovers, sweatshirts, coats, hats, socks, and some jerseys. Items were 50-75% off the lowest ticketed price and most of the stuff had been previously marked down. I got a Franzen WC Jersey for $34, and a embrodered heavy winter coat for $54. I added it up at home and we got $856 of originally priced stuff for $206!

In my early college days, I always wanted an Yzerman jersey, but they don't sell them here in turkey country. I did see one at the HHOF, but it was way too large.

These were the days before amazon and ebay were ultra popular.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Amen. If I really want to buy official Wings stuff, some sporting good stores will have it or you can go online (but you'll pay full price). What sucks about being an out-of-market fan is that the Meijer or even grocery stores tend to carry shirts and other decently priced items that you obviously won't find out-of-state. And I'm weird about Wings gear because the red and white colors can be hard to make look good - they can get pretty "loud" or amateur looking if done wrong.

Oh, trust me, I buy plenty online. I don't have a problem finding stuff, it's the $12 shirts/hats I'd like to be able to pick up more often and readily.

What if the Wings signed **** Tarnstrom?

:lol:

Or Hat-Trick Dick

****'s is not a curse word filter on here is it?

Holy crap, it is. Feels like I'm in the 6th grade.

Lol, no doubt. The last couple years, this has become one of the most overly PC and heavily censored websites I have experienced in my 15+ years of internet.

Especially absurd when you consider this is a hockey website.

Whatever...

Relax, fellas. You're not in a police state.

A few years ago there was a rampant problem with overly gratuitous cursing on the forums (particularly in the GDTs, where scores of entire posts would be made up of nothing but f-bombs and such). The community was warned that if such behavior continued that a curse filter would be enabled. This curse filter is just a huge word blacklist that was loaded into the database -- it wasn't something that myself or one of the moderators simply added one by one, manually.

That said, the behavior continued, it grew tiresome to continually delete/edit posts that were going over the line -- and the curse filter was enabled. I hate the fact we have to have a curse filter here. It annoys me to no end. But if the community can't handle that maturely then it's here to stay.

"Dick" was an unfortunate victim of blacklist collateral damage. You should be happy to see your dicks have henceforth been freed.

Enjoy.

Free the dicks!

Side note, can someone correct the F bomb filter.. it always deletes the space in front of it and so when someone uses it, it drives me bonkers because it joins the previous word.

ex..

I will type "example f-bomb", watch what happens..

example f*****

ignore that last part, someone fixed it and now my OCD can rest.

Edited by FireCaptain