• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Predictions for the DRW 2014-15 Season!

Rate this topic

Sean Monahan, Giordano and Hiller come to mind

Monahan has not nearly proven himself a star yet, he's just young, which typically happens on bad teams

Dano is their Rafalski

Hiller is a goalie... and an average one at that

Monahan has not nearly proven himself a star yet, he's just young, which typically happens on bad teams

Dano is their Rafalski

Hiller is a goalie... and an average one at that

Agreed on Hillier. I believe he was benched for Frederik Anderson & John Gibson in the playoffs last year. Nothing against those two, but a "star" doesn't get demoted to third string.

He's a below average starter at worst, and decent starter at best.

Bruce is known for killing the confidence of his goaltenders especially come playoff time. Hiller is not that bad of a goaltender and I believe he could have a good year, if the defense improves.

With that roster Hiller is probably going to have a worse season statistically than he did in Anaheim. Hiller's prime has been past him for a few years, not just last season.

Do people really think Burke will go into the season with the current flames roster they need defense. ? But if this is the final roster Hiller will need to play unreal that's for sure although I love the toughness of this team.

We know. We get it. You love fighters.

By people I'm assuming you mean me. Yes I do. He doesn't have any FA's or trade pieces available that are going to make any real impact on the team. They're going to tank. And since they're not going to be any good they've signed a lot of tough guys to put butts in seats.

Do people really think Burke will go into the season with the current flames roster they need defense. ? But if this is the final roster Hiller will need to play unreal that's for sure although I love the toughness of this team.

As someone who lives in Calgary, I can tell ya the fans like the make-up of the roster for one reason: If you're going to be bad, you may as well be tough. This Flames team will be in the McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes Hiller or not.

As far as this thread is concerned, I was thinking about it today. I fully expect Zetterberg to return to elite status this year as far as points go with 80+. I'm not sure about Pavs, not having surgery kinda makes me wary for his knee, if he can stay healthy I'm sure 80+ could be in the conversation too.

As someone who lives in Calgary, I can tell ya the fans like the make-up of the roster for one reason: If you're going to be bad, you may as well be tough. This Flames team will be in the McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes Hiller or not.

As far as this thread is concerned, I was thinking about it today. I fully expect Zetterberg to return to elite status this year as far as points go with 80+. I'm not sure about Pavs, not having surgery kinda makes me wary for his knee, if he can stay healthy I'm sure 80+ could be in the conversation too.

precisely

Exactly I would like that make up too especially in a McDavid year although I think they are going to add someone and be it only as a cap a dump.The young players can develop and while they do nobody will take advantage of them, or answer to McGrattan, Engelland, Westgarth or Bollig.

My expectation for Zetterberg is simple if he can play around 70 games 60 points should be doable.In terms of Pavel fully agreed a lot will depend on how his knee holds up

Edited by frankgrimes

Very hectic day at work...

Zetterberg - 78 GP, 31 G, 45 A, 76 PTS

Datsyuk - 68 GP, 24 G, 49 A, 73 PTS

Nyquist - 80 GP, 27 G, 28 A, 55 PTS

Kronwall - 78 GP, 11 G, 41 A, 52 PTS

Weiss - 73 GP, 23 G, 26 A, 49 PTS

Tatar - 80 GP, 24 G, 23 A, 47 PTS

Sheahan - 82 GP, 16 G, 28 A, 44 PTS

Franzen - 63 GP, 21 G, 22 A, 43 PTS

Alfredsson - 61 GP, 17 G, 24 A, 41 PTS

Helm - 71 GP, 14 G, 23 A, 37 PTS

Smith - 76 GP, 8 G, 25 A, 33 PTS

Abdelkader - 79 GP, 12 G, 19 A, 31 PTS

DeKeyser - 82 GP, 7 G, 24 A, 31 PTS

Jurco - 49 GP, 12 G, 15 A, 27 PTS

Ericsson - 71 GP, 5 G, 16 A, 21 PTS

Quincey - 74 GP, 4 G, 13 A, 17 PTS

Miller - 77 GP, 6 G, 8 A, 14 PTS

Callahan - 51 GP, 6 G, 5 A, 11 PTS

Ouellet - 47 GP, 1 G, 10 A, 11 PTS

Glendening - 37 GP, 1 G, 6 A, 7 PTS

Cleary - 17 GP, 2 G, 4 A, 6 PTS

Kindl - 31 GP, 1 G, 4 A, 5 PTS

Pulkkinen - 9 GP, 2 G, 1 A, 3 PTS

Marchenko - 18 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 PTS

Mantha - 4 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 2 PTS

Sproul - 4 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 2 PTS

Andersson - 9 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 PTS

Lashoff - 11 GP, 0 G, 0 A, 0 PTS

Edited by krsmith17

Games played is too high for Z, Dk, Herlmer, Callahan. Unfortunately probably too low for Cleary, Andersson. Points for Helm and Smith too high, probably Weiss as well. Everything else looks good to me though. Nice work

I think it will be a tough year to determine but I think we will finish 5th in the east what do you guys think the starting lineups will be?

Z Dats Alfie

Franzen Weiss Goose

Tatar Shehan Jurco/Abby

Miller Helm Cleary

Kronwall Big E

Smith DD

Q Kindl

Marchenko

Howie

Gus

that's my guess not a dominating lineup especially seeing cleary in there but not to bad considering we didn't have Weiss half the season ill be interested to see how he franzen and goose fair

What's with all these games against Boston right away?

We have two pre-season games: Sept 27 and Oct 4.

Then we turn right around and start the season against

them Oct. 9 and then AGAIN on Oct. 15.

The same nonsense happened last year with pre-season

games against Boston on Sept 19 and 21. Then Oct 5 and 14.

Prob dillusional cause I'm a die hard wings fan but I'm gonna choose to be optimistic and say we will surprise the hockey world (minus most wings fans) and get some luck with the injuries for once and have our kids step it up big time and finish 1st in our division

Zetterberg datsyuk weiss Franzen Tatar nyquist will all get 20+ Goals (2 of those 30+)

Sheahan jurco helm will get 15-20+

One or 2 of ouellet sproul backman marchenko will be a regular by seasons end and solidify our defense

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Third in the division because I'm not sold on the Canadiens and probably around sixth in the East. The Wings should be better if healthier, but there are too many questions marks for me to put them atop the division or top-four in the conference. I still really don't like the defense at all, though I do expect Jimmy to be much better this season.