• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Predictions for the DRW 2014-15 Season!

Rate this topic

I too would love to have everyone play 70+ games. It is not out of the question, and I really hope it happens. IF it does happen, I can see a lot of your predictions happening, bcause a full 100% healthy team makes this team a top 5 Eastern Conference team. Minus the suppression of the kids that is...

Zombo...tsk tsk tsk, so just because someone works for the Wings, means that no one is allowed to know them on a personal basis? Ya, ok, as soon as they get hired or play for the Wings or any NHL team they are supposed to ditch their friends. I am personal friends with Manny Legace's father-in-law, who is personal friends with tons of former, current players, trainers, coaches, JLA employees along with similar people in the St. Louis Blues, Carolina Hurricanes association. And even if it was just one person's opinion of Helm that I was told about, that doesn't mean that it's true or untrue, it just makes it someone within the organization personal opinion, who is closer to the players and the NHL than you are. So yes, when lets say for example, a trainer may play pick up hockey at the JLA with someone who isn't part of the organization expresses his personal opinion, that would be info from a Red Wings insider, as compared to all the rose colored homerism from most Wings fans. Keep in mind that for every trainer you see on the bench there are about 20 that are behind the scenes that work with the players. So instead of just trying to knock someone down, think about what you are about to say. Just because you don't know anyone, doesn't mean nobody does. Helm has that rep. Sorry to burst you love bubble over him.

I have no love bubble for Helm. I have no personal dislike for the guy either.

And I'm so sorry, by the way. When I asked for proof of Helm's softness I really thought you were just quoting hearsay and clubhouse rumors. Little did I know that you source was Manny Legace's father in law!!!!! I feel so silly for second guessing you.

And believe it or not, just because one person that's about 3-4 people removed from you says Helm is a puss, that doesn't make it true. And when you were unloading your pessimitic rant on all of us it certainly seemed to me like you were presenting it as fact.

Not that I like to admit that I plowed through that entire long-winded pile of gloom, but I have to call you on this. Helm's a wimp because you heard this from an inside source? :lol:

Everyone has an inside source these days dontchaknow? I met Ryan Sproul in June, we're now the best of friends except he doesn't know my name yet. :ok:

And I'm so sorry, by the way. When I asked for proof of Helm's softness I really thought you were just quoting hearsay and clubhouse rumors. Little did I know that you source was Manny Legace's father in law!!!!! I feel so silly for second guessing you.

And believe it or not, just because one person that's about 3-4 people removed from you says Helm is a puss, that doesn't make it true. And when you were unloading your pessimitic rant on all of us it certainly seemed to me like you were presenting it as fact.

I have a love bubble for Helm. Every time he's on the ice it's exciting. Some people hate guys cause unfortunate stuff happens to them causing injury.

minus his kronwalling though, he just doesn't seem to be brave enough to do it anymore.

Do you honestly see Kronwall's reduction in hits as a lack of "bravery?" As the Wings' #1 Dman, the onus is on him to be defensively responsible at all times. He can't afford to take himself out of the play (who's going to cover-Smith?) in order to deliver a soul-crushing hit, the very type the league seems intent on cracking down on, especially if someone's hurt on the play. I don't see that as a lack of bravery, I see that as Kronner recognizing that he is now a leader on this team and adjusting his game accordingly.

As for predictions, I can't wait to see how a pain-free Z plays. If he truly feels better than he has in years, he's going to rep that C beyond our wildest dreams. *lady boner* Same with Pav and The Knee of Infinite Sorrow.

The kids are going to continue to play with swag and light a fire under everyone's ball sack. I love the smell of burnt pubes in the morning. Particularly if that morning is hosting a nationally televised NBC game. Suck it, Edzo.

I lost a lot of confidence in Howard last year, and from interviews I've read it sounds like he understands that his play was unacceptable. He's the big question mark for me this year--when he's on, the Wings are a machine. When he's off we're a bunch of monkeys humping various footballs all over the ice whilst pinching uncontrollably at the wrong times and firing off slappers over the glass resulting in ill-timed penalties and a growing sense of ennui. It's horrible.

#resurrectionofweiss2k15

Anyway, while I'm certainly not counting poultry, I do see that there could be some positive things to look forward to this season, despite some of the glaring holes remaining unaddressed.

I think because the Wings have had such bad luck with injuries the past few years is a reason to believe that that luck has got to change... and because we have had such short seasons the past few years is a reason to believe that the players that need it the most (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Kronwall, Weiss, Helm, Howard) will be getting the rest they need. The fact that Zetterberg has said that he feels like he's years younger and that his back hasn't felt this good in years, is reason to believe that he may have a relatively healthy year. I also think a long summer off will help the other guys listed as well. I think for anyone that states that half the team will be injured after just two months of hockey is a bit ridiculous. Just my opinion...

As I've stated over and over again, I don't have any problem with negative predictions, I have a problem with people predicting the whole team will be injured... or wait for it... My prediction, Cleary sucks... a lot of thought put in to that one...

I mean, unless you couldn't tell, I was being a bit sarcastic with my response because I didn't think it would be taken so seriously so I apologize if that was unclear. Like someone else said, though, perhaps the thread title should be changed because it seems like everyone is predicting what they would "like" to see instead of what they think may logically happen.

I too would love to have everyone play 70+ games. It is not out of the question, and I really hope it happens. IF it does happen, I can see a lot of your predictions happening, bcause a full 100% healthy team makes this team a top 5 Eastern Conference team. Minus the suppression of the kids that is...

Zombo...tsk tsk tsk, so just because someone works for the Wings, means that no one is allowed to know them on a personal basis? Ya, ok, as soon as they get hired or play for the Wings or any NHL team they are supposed to ditch their friends. I am personal friends with Manny Legace's father-in-law, who is personal friends with tons of former, current players, trainers, coaches, JLA employees along with similar people in the St. Louis Blues, Carolina Hurricanes association. And even if it was just one person's opinion of Helm that I was told about, that doesn't mean that it's true or untrue, it just makes it someone within the organization personal opinion, who is closer to the players and the NHL than you are. So yes, when lets say for example, a trainer may play pick up hockey at the JLA with someone who isn't part of the organization expresses his personal opinion, that would be info from a Red Wings insider, as compared to all the rose colored homerism from most Wings fans. Keep in mind that for every trainer you see on the bench there are about 20 that are behind the scenes that work with the players. So instead of just trying to knock someone down, think about what you are about to say. Just because you don't know anyone, doesn't mean nobody does. Helm has that rep. Sorry to burst you love bubble over him.

What did Manny Legace's father in law tell you about Lilja's toughness?

Guest DeGraa55

The wings will be fighting with Toronto Columbus islanders etx etc for the last two spots in playoffs again. UNLESS it's a freak year and everyone stays healthy...

The wings will be fighting with Toronto Columbus islanders etx etc for the last two spots in playoffs again. UNLESS it's a freak year and everyone stays healthy...

I don't think everyone has to stay completely healthy, just healthier than last year. They should be fine as long as Datsyuk and Zetterberg don't each miss half a season. As long as we don't have half our team injured at the same time.

The problem with placing all our hopes on a healthy team is that it ignores the fact that for the first part of last season we were totally healthy and we still weren't that good. We were also totally healthy for the 4 post seasons before last year. Same results though.

Like everyone else, I'd obviously prefer we were healthy rather than not. But a lot of people are going to be very disappointed when they realize that we can make all the excuses we want, but there are a lot of holes in our team that didn't get solved in the offseason, and won't be solved by Datsyuk staying healthy.

We've got an undersized, perimeter, team that can't play in the crease. We don't have a single top flight player in his prime. We've got a defense that can't move the puck efficiently. We've got horrible special teams. And we've got an offensive scheme that hasn't yielded quality results in 5 years.

Obviously, I'd love to be wrong. The best case scenario is that we get healthy and win a Cup. But I'm not holding my breath. Second best scenario? Get healthy and struggle just as much as we did a year ago. At least that way nobody can use the "injury" excuse anymore.

The problem with placing all our hopes on a healthy team is that it ignores the fact that for the first part of last season we were totally healthy and we still weren't that good. We were also totally healthy for the 4 post seasons before last year. Same results though.

Like everyone else, I'd obviously prefer we were healthy rather than not. But a lot of people are going to be very disappointed when they realize that we can make all the excuses we want, but there are a lot of holes in our team that didn't get solved in the offseason, and won't be solved by Datsyuk staying healthy.

We've got an undersized, perimeter, team that can't play in the crease. We don't have a single top flight player in his prime. We've got a defense that can't move the puck efficiently. We've got horrible special teams. And we've got an offensive scheme that hasn't yielded quality results in 5 years.

Obviously, I'd love to be wrong. The best case scenario is that we get healthy and win a Cup. But I'm not holding my breath. Second best scenario? Get healthy and struggle just as much as we did a year ago. At least that way nobody can use the "injury" excuse anymore.

We weren't that good to start the season cause our healthy players included plugs like Sammy and Cleary and a lame, regressed Kindl with Tatar in the press box and Nyquist in the minors.

Undersized perimeter crap will be solved with developing guys like Jurco and Mantha to go to the dirty areas and bury goals.

We weren't that good to start the season cause our healthy players included plugs like Sammy and Cleary and a lame, regressed Kindl with Tatar in the press box and Nyquist in the minors.

Undersized perimeter crap will be solved with developing guys like Jurco and Mantha to go to the dirty areas and bury goals.

Not from Grand Rapids they won't.

Also, how can you honestly blame our bad start at the beginning of last season on lame plugs without immediately acknowledging that those same "lame plugs" are mostly still on the team. We have the same problem we did a year ago.

We haven't made it past the second round of the playoffs in half a decade. You can't blame that all on Sammy, Cleary, and injuries. And if you do, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Not from Grand Rapids they won't.

Also, how can you honestly blame our bad start at the beginning of last season on lame plugs without immediately acknowledging that those same "lame plugs" are mostly still on the team. We have the same problem we did a year ago.

We haven't made it past the second round of the playoffs in half a decade. You can't blame that all on Sammy, Cleary, and injuries. And if you do, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Cleary > Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson.

It's not ideal, but this year's team should have less deadweight than last year's. So we actually have less of a problem really.

If Cleary somehow manages to play more than 10 games i would be shocked.

Yeah, Cleary's probably going to bring the same thing he brought last year, which, according to Babcock, was "nothing".

My point was that Cleary sucking is still better than Cleary, Samuelsson, and Bert (to a lesser degree) sucking.

Cleary > Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson.

It's not ideal, but this year's team should have less deadweight than last year's. So we actually have less of a problem really.

First of all, you're overplaying your hand a bit. Tatar was a regular in the lineup after 9 games...so it's not like those three guys were all getting huge playing time for the first half of the season...they weren't. After the first ten games any two of the three were scratched on a given night.

Secondly, that doesn't really address my point anyway. Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson weren't the reason we got butchered by Boston in the playoffs. They weren't the reason we blew a 3-1 series lead against Chicago the year before that. They weren't the reason we couldn't beat San Jose for two years. And they definitely weren't the reason we got embarrassed by Nashville in 5 games.

But here's the kicker...neither were injuries. In only one of those series (Boston) did injuries play a significant role. There are fundamental issues with this team that haven't been addressed in a LONG time. Acting like those issues have been resolved because we let a couple of frequently scratched third and fourth liners walk is the equivalent to burying your head in the sand.

Yeah, Cleary's probably going to bring the same thing he brought last year, which, according to Babcock, was "nothing".

My point was that Cleary sucking is still better than Cleary, Samuelsson, and Bert (to a lesser degree) sucking.

Again, at no point after the first ten games last season did Cleary, Sammy, and Bert regularly play for our team at the same time. On any given night, maybe one of them played. But rarely two, and definitely not all three.

Edited by kipwinger

First of all, you're overplaying your hand a bit. Tatar was a regular in the lineup after 9 games...so it's not like those three guys were all getting huge playing time for the first half of the season...they weren't. After the first ten games any two of the three were scratched on a given night.

Secondly, that doesn't really address my point anyway. Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson weren't the reason we got butchered by Boston in the playoffs. They weren't the reason we blew a 3-1 series lead against Chicago the year before that. They weren't the reason we couldn't beat San Jose for two years. And they definitely weren't the reason we got embarrassed by Nashville in 5 games.

But here's the kicker...neither were injuries. In only one of those series (Boston) did injuries play a significant role. There are fundamental issues with this team that haven't been addressed in a LONG time. Acting like those issues have been resolved because we let a couple of frequently scratched third and fourth liners walk is the equivalent to burying your head in the sand.

I wasn't arguing your point Kip.

I was only saying that this year's team should have less plugs than last year.

But yes, if this team continues to play on the outside, have crappy D, suck on special teams, and have average goaltending then they're screwed.

But, an improved Smith and DeKeyser combined with hopefully more Ouellett/Marchenko and less Kindl/Lashoff, and the D should improve.

The small forwards should get stronger.

Jimmy has nowhere to go but up, after last year.

etc.

I wasn't arguing your point Kip.

I was only saying that this year's team should have less plugs than last year.

But yes, if this team continues to play on the outside, have crappy D, suck on special teams, and have average goaltending then they're screwed.

But, an improved Smith and DeKeyser combined with hopefully more Ouellett/Marchenko and less Kindl/Lashoff, and the D should improve.

The small forwards should get stronger.

Jimmy has nowhere to go but up, after last year.

etc.

Well, I sure hope so. But I'm not going to hold my breath. At least not this season.

Ferris Bueller's third cousin's BFF's hamster said it saw Darren Helm pass out at 31 Flavors ... and that he's a *****.*

*This is no way discredits my belief that Helm is sadly made of glass.

My prediction Dats and Z both stay hurt all season after a total meltdown failure this season where we end up last place in all of the league. The whole plan to make Detroit a better place is abandoned by Mr I and he and the wings are moved to Vegas...But I totally hope I'm wrong......... :ninja:

My real prediction....I think...I hope we can stay healthy. I think if we do like what was said on a previous post we end up in the middle of the east getting into the playoffs a bit easier. I still don't think we are there yet to even consider competing for the cup but hey who am I. I hope they totally surprise me and we win it all.