• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
marcaractac

Tatar Signs 3 Year Deal $2.75 mill AAV

Rate this topic

Holland's mushroom in his basement, as I've been told by a friend who posts here too said someone called me, thinks this is a good move. DeKeyser is next, then Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, and Andersson next off season.

We need the cap room to sign them, so no UFA signings next year either. Just a warning :tounge:

Nope, it's what I thought he was going to get based on what Flip got back in the day.

I was wrong on Sheahan, in the ball park on Tatar. As I said in the "Predicting our RFA Contracts" thread, he got Flip money but that money is a lower cap hit percentage now. Gus is gonna get paid next off season. If he puts up another 25G+ season $5M will be on the table I think.

As I remember you took some heat for that opinion...lol

Holland's mushroom in his basement, as I've been told by a friend who posts here too said someone called me, thinks this is a good move. DeKeyser is next, then Nyquist, Smith, Jurco, and Andersson next off season.

We need the cap room to sign them, so no UFA signings next year either. Just a warning :tounge:

I wouldn't go that far...the cap will go up again and we prolly won't re-sign Andersson. Smith and Jurco I don't see getting what Tatar just got. Nyquist will be the only one getting decent money. We will still have cap space left to low ball free agents and lose out on them. Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

I wouldn't go that far...the cap will go up again and we prolly won't re-sign Andersson. Smith and Jurco I don't see getting what Tatar just got. Nyquist will be the only one getting decent money. We will still have cap space left to low ball free agents and lose out on them.

Yea I don't see why they'd re-sign Andersson. If anything, he'd be put in a package first, although I doubt that'd net us very much in return.

Whether people love the money angle of the deal or not, at least we can say that the guy actually did something to earn his deal. I like it personally, especially considering we really haven't been spending to the cap the last few years. We didn't do as well as we perhaps could've by Tatar the last year or so, and giving him a deal like this makes up for it a bit without it truly being any sort of overpayment.

too much money. He best get 25-30 goals in each of his years...this is the reason the salary cap was put in place. There is no way a sub twenty goal scoring RFA should be anywhere near this amount. But it is Ken Holland. He hasn't changed anything in his approach. This means Diesel will get at least $4M.

too much money. He best get 25-30 goals in each of his years...this is the reason the salary cap was put in place. There is no way a sub twenty goal scoring RFA should be anywhere near this amount. But it is Ken Holland. He hasn't changed anything in his approach. This means Diesel will get at least $4M.

You should probably look up what young 20 goal scorers get in this league these days. This is a good deal if he never gets more than 20, if he gets 25+ it's fantastic. It's also worth noting that Tatar is very much his own product, he hasn't been feeding off Dats or Z or the PP for his production.

Also I still hate the "diesel" nickname

Whether people love the money angle of the deal or not, at least we can say that the guy actually did something to earn his deal. I like it personally, especially considering we really haven't been spending to the cap the last few years. We didn't do as well as we perhaps could've by Tatar the last year or so, and giving him a deal like this makes up for it a bit without it truly being any sort of overpayment.

That's not true. Last year we were so close to the cap that we had to do all kinds of financial acrobatics to make it work.

Great to sign Tatar! Lead the Griffins to the Calder Cup and won the trophy for playoff MVP. scores 19 goals in 73 games in his first full season with the wings. I think the money is fine when you think of all that

Calling it. He's the next Martin St. Louis. Mark my words LGW.

Your lips to YFMB's ears...

Minus the whole whining about being left off the Canadian Olympic team and daring to give lip to my lord and-er, captain the honorable Pope Yzerman the 1st.

Your lips to YFMB's ears...

Minus the whole whining about being left off the Canadian Olympic team and daring to give lip to my lord and-er, captain the honorable Pope Yzerman the 1st.

Haha if Tatar has trouble making the Slovakian Olympic team, there's a problem