• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

They just had a special on the Roy move on the NHL network today. One commentator suggested it may have all been planned and that the trade to the Avs for a young French goalie was too quick and too convenient. He did sort of joke and say something like, "I sound like Oliver Stone here."

P.S. What the heck is up with all the Asian girl ads on this site. Don't tell me guys here think they can dial up a perfect stunning Asian babe with a few clicks...

#22 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

P.S. What the heck is up with all the Asian girl ads on this site. Don't tell me guys here think they can dial up a perfect stunning Asian babe with a few clicks...

Aren't the ads based off of your internet usage? For instance my ads are for mycomicshop.com as I bought some comics recently from there.

#23 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Aren't the ads based off of your internet usage? For instance my ads are for mycomicshop.com as I bought some comics recently from there.

Huge LOL (not judging anyone though)

#24 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

I was just wondering what would have happened had Roy been traded elsewhere.  He wasn't the only reason the Avs were as good as they were, but he was a big part of it.

Who were the "bubble" teams from back then?  Imagine how different things would be had he been traded to one of those!

(I get a lot of truck ads, but I get the Asian chicks too.  I'm more interested in the trucks.  Nothing against Asians or women, of course.)

#25 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

Is it me or did that conversation in that little diner remind anyone else from a part in Slap Shot? Anyways, It's been a while since I've read Blood Fued, but I don't recall that being mentioned in the book (if you haven't read that book, I highly recommend it). 

Edited by Vladiator, 04 August 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#26 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

I work for a Swiss company, in England, but the servers are all in Switzerland.  When I check LGW at work I get a lot of German dating websites.

And the occasional asian one ;)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#27 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

tried to find some footage on the Roy meltdown and came across this from 2011. Boy, we sure have selective memory, including me....

http://blogs.thescor...ls-in-one-game/

My wish: A healthy roster

#28 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

tried to find some footage on the Roy meltdown and came across this from 2011. Boy, we sure have selective memory, including me....

http://blogs.thescor...ls-in-one-game/

I was at that game. Just decided to have fun with it and stuck it out til the bitter end.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011