No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Red Wings add Jim Hiller and Andrew Brewer to coaching staff

Rate this topic

As a former Wildcat, this makes me happy :bye1:

You and me both!

National Champ Hiller is.

And while I'm talking about NMU, I found out that the Starbucks founder Howard Schultz not only went to NMU he lived in the same room I did, 304 Halverson Hall.

Edited by Jersey Wing

I think if anything the Wings have probably been ahead of the curve for some time now. Many of the things the Wings have been valuing for the past 20 years are being validated by the advanced stats, e.g. that possession is all-important. I have to think they've been using their own system, their own metrics, and now they're going to try to assimilate the Dellow way of thinking, which shouldn't be too hard.

I really don't know much about these guys other than what I read so if anyone can shed some light on them please do. thanks.

No one ever knows much about any of the assistant coaches Babcock picks out, until 3 years later when they're the most desired coaching candidates in the league.

No one ever knows much about any of the assistant coaches Babcock picks out, until 3 years later when they're the most desired coaching candidates in the league.

You're thinking of the past, when Babcock and the Wings were good.

If Tom Renney is one of the most desired coaches in the league, it's not because of the recent Wings.

You're thinking of the past, when Babcock and the Wings were good.

If Tom Renney is one of the most desired coaches in the league, it's not because of the recent Wings.

Well, Bill Peters joined in July of 2011 (i.e. he arrived post-excellence) and his services were much in demand this summer. Not to mention, we've lost about 40,000,000 other key people over the past two or three years. The Wings might not be the class of the league anymore, but I think that, on the organizational level, being a Red Wing still means a lot, even if you weren't around for any of the glory days.

As a die hard Spokane Chiefs fan. This Wings off season keeps getting worse, this guy was Tri-Cities head coach and our biggest rival. Oh jeez with this and Cleary happening its like god is testing my wings fandom :/

As a die hard Spokane Chiefs fan. This Wings off season keeps getting worse, this guy was Tri-Cities head coach and our biggest rival. Oh jeez with this and Cleary happening its like god is testing my wings fandom :/

Isn't Babs a Spokane alumnus? Maybe he's having some kind mid-life crisis?

Awesome read on Brewer. Only 28 years old and shares the same alma mater as me :cheesy:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729400

Seriously though, these hires din't really generate much interest here at LGWs during our Summer of DoomTM tirades, but I think they could end up being great moves.

I really dig the part about Brewer offering to help with analytics.