2014-15 Grand Rapids Griffins

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 GybonB

GybonB

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

Teemu scores his 9th,..no room up,too good down?

9+11 in 17 games.

#42 GybonB

GybonB

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:00 AM

Teemu For Grand Rapids : 50+48 in 114 games (play-offs included) +/- +20 , 64 penalty minutes.

#43 GybonB

GybonB

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

Couple more videos about Teemu Pulkkinen (not sure have i posted these in this board)

#44 GybonB

GybonB

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

Teemu Pulkkinen frog leaps in points,now Nr.1.

#45 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:50 PM

Dang, Pulkkinnen was highly criticized just 2 years ago as a boom or complete bust type prospect. Scouts questioned his skating and his work ethic. I guess he is continuing to go out of his way to shut them up. Love this kid. He's got lunch pail work ethic and top notch talent written all over him.

#46 krsmith17

krsmith17

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, just a couple short years ago he really was somewhat of a poor skater. It amazes me how much he has improved in that regard. You're right, his work ethic is outstanding, and it has paid dividends for his game today. I'm really excited to see his right handed bomb of a shot on the power-play next season. I think he has the potential to have a somewhat Tatar / Nyquist transition to the NHL next season. He is leading the league in points and he is only heating up now.

I'm also very excited to see Callahan up with the Wings, hopefully by next season. He's having another unreal season with the Griffins and has a real nose for the net. He is probably the most versatile forward down in Grand Rapids. He scores in all sorts of ways, be it a wrist shot, slap shot, tip-in, dirty goal in front of the net, he plays power-play and is a great penalty killer. I think he will be a great addition to our forth line.

#47 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, just a couple short years ago he really was somewhat of a poor skater. It amazes me how much he has improved in that regard. You're right, his work ethic is outstanding, and it has paid dividends for his game today. I'm really excited to see his right handed bomb of a shot on the power-play next season. I think he has the potential to have a somewhat Tatar / Nyquist transition to the NHL next season. He is leading the league in points and he is only heating up now.

I'm also very excited to see Callahan up with the Wings, hopefully by next season. He's having another unreal season with the Griffins and has a real nose for the net. He is probably the most versatile forward down in Grand Rapids. He scores in all sorts of ways, be it a wrist shot, slap shot, tip-in, dirty goal in front of the net, he plays power-play and is a great penalty killer. I think he will be a great addition to our forth line.

Everyone's always begging the wings to get shooters. I think we got them years ago in Nyquist and Pulks.

#48 krsmith17

krsmith17

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Well to be fair, Nyquist was considered to be more of a playmaker than a goal scorer when we drafted him and right through his years in NCAA. I have no idea what happened to him when he reached the pro level, especially the NHL, but I love it. He loves to shoot the puck and he's able to get himself in those high quality scoring areas because of his speed, stick handling, tenacity and hockey IQ. I think he has only scratched the surface of his potential in this league. Pulkkinen, was absolutely always considered a trigger man, and for good reason. He has a rocket shot and an unbelievably quick release.

We have a ton of guys that love to shoot the puck, which is rare for us. It was always Zetterberg and Franzen, but I find they're starting to defer to other players a bit more than they have in the past as of late. We have Nyquist and Tatar that love the shoot, and we have Pulkkinen and Mantha on their way. It's pretty exciting to see what these kids are going to do in the next few seasons.

#49 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:54 PM

One of the things that worries me about the situation going into next season is Holland's stance on "asset management". I can't imagine Cleary being brought back, but I wonder what he'll do with Andersson. I would hope he goes the way of Emmerton, and Callahan and Pulkkinen are part of the roster at the start of next season.

My nightmare involves all three being retained and having the "best players" earn their spots in the line-up. I think it would be short-sighted in this situation.

#50 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

One of the things that worries me about the situation going into next season is Holland's stance on "asset management". I can't imagine Cleary being brought back, but I wonder what he'll do with Andersson. I would hope he goes the way of Emmerton, and Callahan and Pulkkinen are part of the roster at the start of next season.

My nightmare involves all three being retained and having the "best players" earn their spots in the line-up. I think it would be short-sighted in this situation.

My thing is I've thought this exact thing the last 3 years, and Holland has always managed to manage it. This year I've finally accepted that he knows better and I'm not going to think about it. Hello head in sand, call me when we win the cup.

#51 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

My thing is I've thought this exact thing the last 3 years, and Holland has always managed to manage it. This year I've finally accepted that he knows better and I'm not going to think about it. Hello head in sand, call me when we win the cup.

I agree, to an extent. Obviously, the team is in great shape right now.

It just always irks me that there's an Emmerton, Samuelsson or Cleary hanging around. I'm sure I'm just nitpicking, but I would have liked to see full time for guys like Tats and Nyquist in prior seasons, Callahan this year. It just comes down to not wanting to lose Pulkkinen or Callahan for Andersson. A minor gripe, but still something in the back of my mind.

#52 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

I agree, to an extent. Obviously, the team is in great shape right now.

It just always irks me that there's an Emmerton, Samuelsson or Cleary hanging around. I'm sure I'm just nitpicking, but I would have liked to see full time for guys like Tats and Nyquist in prior seasons, Callahan this year. It just comes down to not wanting to lose Pulkkinen or Callahan for Andersson. A minor gripe, but still something in the back of my mind.

I think that was Nestrasil this year. they tried him out, but just like emmerton and co, they couldn't stay, only those guys could afford to have longer stays than nestrasil do to their situations at the time.

#53 krsmith17

krsmith17

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

Looking forward to the game tonight. I haven't watched many since Mantha has been in the lineup, probably only 3 or 4. It seems like every night the Griffins have been playing the Wings have been playing the same night...

He hasn't been producing much since I watched him last, so I'm looking forward to see if he's still playing as well as he was the first few games, or if he's struggling to adjust to the pro game...

Big W and 2 points for Mantha tonight... :)

#54 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

Looking forward to the game tonight. I haven't watched many since Mantha has been in the lineup, probably only 3 or 4. It seems like every night the Griffins have been playing the Wings have been playing the same night...
He hasn't been producing much since I watched him last, so I'm looking forward to see if he's still playing as well as he was the first few games, or if he's struggling to adjust to the pro game...

Big W and 2 points for Mantha tonight... :)

What's the update?

#55 GybonB

GybonB

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted Today, 06:55 AM

Teemu Pulkkinen breaks 3 game slump, scores 2 goals (Miele got 1+4) 

Andy Miele 1+4