• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
STATiK

Flyers agree to terms with Del Zotto

Rate this topic

So everyone ******* and moans about how our team has too many injury prone players and too many dud players like Quincey, Cleary etc, but we want a guy with serious injury problems who the Rangers fans came to recognize as a dud for his terrible defense, and who after being traded for by Nashville was shown the door?

bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf

Low risk move for only a year. I didn't necessarily want Del Zotto, but I would take a flyer on him rather than two years of Quincey at over four million per season. If he's hurt or bad, then the kids just play, which is my preferred solution anyways. Edited by GoWings1905

...he is still better than Q or K.

there's no crying in hockey.

Good thing for you this is a forum.

MDZ: 16 points in last 67 games (2 seasons)

K: 19 points in last 66 games (1 season)

Q: 13 points in last 82 games (1 season)

But MDZ will magically turn it around here and Q and K don't have a chance, right? Grass isn't always greener, sometimes it's crappy brown south of the border grass ;)

Low risk move for only a year. I didn't necessarily want Del Zotto, but I would take a flyer on him rather than two years of Quincey at over four million per season. If he's hurt or bad, then the kids just play, which is my preferred solution anyways.

That's fair. Quincey though is much better (Q better than someone else at something? Where do I live? The moon?) than MDZ defensively. Though I agree with the dislike of the pricetag.

I'm not sure MDZ would even crack Babs lineup

So everyone ******* and moans about how our team has too many injury prone players and too many dud players like Quincey, Cleary etc, but we want a guy with serious injury problems who the Rangers fans came to recognize as a dud for his terrible defense, and who after being traded for by Nashville was shown the door?

bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf

The guy has a 1,3 mill aav for one year, so if things aren't working out you can send him down and create capspace. It's a low risk high reward move, Yeah he needs to figure out his defensive game but if he doesn't so what ? Send him down and boom capspace, you can't do that with a guy making 4,25 aav for two years.

The guy has a 1,3 mill aav for one year, so if things aren't working out you can send him down and create capspace. It's a low risk high reward move, Yeah he needs to figure out his defensive game but if he doesn't so what ? Send him down and boom capspace, you can't do that with a guy making 4,25 aav for two years.

You can create the same amount by demoting anyone making $925k or more. That's the most space cleared.

You can create the same amount by demoting anyone making $925k or more. That's the most space cleared.

I think he's trying to say that if you sent him down you'd clear 900k and only have to swallow about 400K. Conversely, if you sent down Quincey (for instance) you'd clear 900K and eat about 3.3 million. Hence, low risk and high reward for MDZ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartbroken we didn't sign MDZ. I don't really care. But I do think your debate will be more productive if you two are at least speaking the same language.

Exactly if things go south with MDZ getting rid off him is much easier

Plus no one would ever pick up quincey on waivers especially at 4.25 per, but mdz at 1.3 could get snatched off waivers relieving you of the extra 400 k as well

Exactly if things go south with MDZ getting rid off him is much easier

Plus no one would ever pick up quincey on waivers especially at 4.25 per, but mdz at 1.3 could get snatched off waivers relieving you of the extra 400 k as well

If he was bad enough to get waived I doubt he'd get claimed.