25 replies to this topic

#21 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

4/02/2011

Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#22 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

I'll also throw in for March 26.

Although this year one game that was really exciting to watch was that game against Pitt where Alfie had the game winner with less than a second left in OT.  Detroit takes the 2-0 lead and you feel good, then they let Pitt score 3 straight and you kind of think, "well they've given games away all year."  Then Detroit scores 2 straight and you feel good again cuz you think they just came back and there's no way they give it up again.  Then Pitt ties it with like 4 minutes left or something and your stomach just drops.  And then the PP in OT for Pitt, then Alfie scores with less than a second to win it.  Amazing roller coaster of a game.

Also, when it was tied, Legwand took that stupid 5 min penalty to guarantee the Penguins a PP for the rest of regulation.  Just a great win, especially in a year where every win counted and they were without their two best players.

(added video)

Edited by Mitchmac33, 10 August 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#23 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

The 7-0 squashing of the Avs in 2002. It was the pinnacle for my love of the organization. I've lived in Colorado since 1995 and often had rivalries with the Av fans. When the Wings murdered the Avs 7-0 it was, in a sense, a victory in the final battle. 

Edited by themcityblues, 10 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#24 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

murdered!

i love it!

grinning like a fool right now!

that is my favorite game by far.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#25 redalert02

redalert02

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

For me it's game 6 2002 WCF vs the Avalanche because it just demonstrated just how dominant Hasek really was and Roy's gaffe was such a beautiful moment. Even better that it virtually cost the Avs another shot at the cup. I just remember being so elated with joy after seeing us stick it to Colorado. That series and that rivalry had so much passion and intensity and I can still hear Gary Thorne's voice as Shanny put the puck past a showboating Roy.

And that was after Shanahan missed a wide open net in the final minute of game 5... only to lose on a Forsberg OT goal that should have been whistled offside. I had trouble sleeping that night thinking we had blown our chance and it was over. The way we came back in game 6 and 7, to this day, it's still my favorite playoff series of all time. 

#26 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

Game 6 against the hated Avalanche 2002 Hasek absolutely outplayed Roy and Shanahan turned into beast mode.good do I miss this rivalry and wings team.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !