• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Holland signs 4 year extension with wings **MOD Warning Post 130**

Rate this topic

Honestly, I'm disappointed.

Holland has pretty clearly run out of ideas these last few seasons, so I don't have a lot of hope for significant changes to rebuild the franchise over the next 4 years.

Who knows though. Maybe he'll finally realize the crap he's done lately isn't working? Maybe??

If I were Babcock I'd start looking to other teams.

Honestly, I'm disappointed.

Holland has pretty clearly run out of ideas these last few seasons, so I don't have a lot of hope for significant changes to rebuild the franchise over the next 4 years.

Who knows though. Maybe he'll finally realize the crap he's done lately isn't working? Maybe??

If I were Babcock I'd start looking to other teams.

He's got ideas, mostly involving Cleary. Just because you don't approve of them and they don't work seems to be non-issues with the Illitches.

Four more years of no Stanley Cup! Whoo hoo!

That was pretty much a given anyway.

How could you not do a better or at least comparable job? he never does anything at all.

Edited by haroldsnepsts
removed deleted post

I honestly don't think the guy is a bad general manager - he's proven just the opposite over the years. I just think some aspects of the game have passed him by - namely making moves and having a good relationship with other general managers.

That being said, results are results. Regardless of his intentions, Holland hasn't made too many impact moves of late. The ones he's tried to make haven't turned out well. I'm not overly thrilled with the term, but I guess we'll see how it goes. Bonus is if this gets Babs to sign on for some term, otherwise it's kind of "meh" for me.

Seems a little lengthy given the recent direction of the team under Holland, but I never really anticipated the Red Wings not keeping Holland around. I guess if the kids pan out within that time frame it might turn out pretty well because the Wings are essentially banking on that now with Holland's poor track record lately signing free agents and making trades.

I still don't believe Babs is coming back, though.

Really like it, our farm system has never looked better. The last few years haven't been ideal, but our playoff streak is still intact and Ken Holland is the reason. There isn't a franchise in the league that never has a few average seasons between great ones. His legacy is going on the line here though, if this team struggles and wastes the last few years of Dats/Zetterberg there aren't going to be fans lining up to reminding us of the 3 Stanley Cups we won with him and having the best team in the league from 1997-2010 which is unfortunate. Time will tell if Ken Holland has a master plan with this franchise, or if he's just meddling his last years in mediocrity hoping his past success will be his legacy.

My thoughts are you never know what you have until it's gone, and for me I think that rings true for Holland. Fans in Detroit have incredible expectations, which is understood, but I don't know of many hockey GM's in the history of the league that could satisfy this fan bases appetite of not only winning, but winning Stanley Cups for over 20 years. Notice I said the history of the league, I don't think there is a better option for the team right now other than Holland, he knows the players we have in the system, if our goal is to win it all soon he gives us our best option. If we want to tank, and surely waste the last years of Datsyuk/Zetterberg, and hopefully build up to a playoff franchise in 5 years then we should get a young GM and give him the reigns, I just don't think that's that right plan.

Just when I thought the off season couldn't get any worse... At least Tatar is locked up

Hold your breath it still isn't over and Danny still hasn't re-signed with the team so it can still go downhill :-(

this off season is not over yet and I'm extremely worried.but one thing it's for sure this has been the most challenging one since almost two decades.

It's real easy if you choose to do absolutely nothing.

Being an active GM on the other hand is incredibly hard.

Its not like the guy scheduled a two week vacation to the moon and skipped free agency the last few years. There's plenty of info that suggests he kicked a ton of tires, made several intriguing offers, and in most cases those players chose not to come here for various reasons. He's not soley to blame for our recent downturn. You don't lose people like Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Osgood and replace them all right away...in some cases you may never be able to replace talent like that.