• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Holland signs 4 year extension with wings **MOD Warning Post 130**

Rate this topic

Frank I don't even know what to say in response to you sometimes but I can't resist...

The Bruins are not being "punished" for success or having a great goal scorer. They legally evaded the cap and deferred their bonuses to this year by choice. I suggest you do some research there...

So in your opinion... To attract free agents...we need to not do well...draft high...get some good young players...even though you just claimed no one knows how young players will ever turn out...or was that just relevant for our current prospects...whatever benefits your argument at the time I guess... OK.

Where...in Zeus' butthole...did you come up with this idea...and in what universe did that make sense...

PS. I may have had a drink...

This post is approved by BoS.

And Zeus's butthole.

Frank I don't even know what to say in response to you sometimes but I can't resist...

The Bruins are not being "punished" for success or having a great goal scorer. They legally evaded the cap and deferred their bonuses to this year by choice. I suggest you do some research there...

So in your opinion... To attract free agents...we need to not do well...draft high...get some good young players...even though you just claimed no one knows how young players will ever turn out...or was that just relevant for our current prospects...whatever benefits your argument at the time I guess... OK.

Where...in Zeus' butthole...did you come up with this idea...and in what universe did that make sense...

PS. I may have had a drink...

Then stop reading it, problem solved. I don't have the nerves nor time to explain something so obvious.

Then stop reading it, problem solved. I don't have the nerves nor time to explain something so obvious.

The point is that there are no guarantees that your strategy will work. Look at Edmonton. They have had a number of #1 picks, but haven't had a sniff at the playoffs since they went to the finals back in 2006. They have had some great young players drafted, but why the heck are they losing still?

Don't get me wrong, what you suggest is what happens to every team eventually. There is a natural ebb and flow in hockey. Every team is going to have down seasons, draft high, and then find themselves back in the cup hunt. The Wings are going to have a down season or two here soon.

The point is that there are no guarantees that your strategy will work. Look at Edmonton. They have had a number of #1 picks, but haven't had a sniff at the playoffs since they went to the finals back in 2006. They have had some great young players drafted, but why the heck are they losing still?

Don't get me wrong, what you suggest is what happens to every team eventually. There is a natural ebb and flow in hockey. Every team is going to have down seasons, draft high, and then find themselves back in the cup hunt. The Wings are going to have a down season or two here soon.

No worries and to be honest I'm a bit shocked that the Oilers haven't turned it around but that Yakupov pick was a huge mistake. This is the first of season where they've tried to fix the defense and I expect them to finish a lot better but still out of the playoffs.

My point was if a team has to be bad this would be the year to do it because McDavid and Eichel are the best draft picks since Crosby. I mean they are so good the nhl had to change the odds in order to prevent teams from tanking.

No worries and to be honest I'm a bit shocked that the Oilers haven't turned it around but that Yakupov pick was a huge mistake. This is the first of season where they've tried to fix the defense and I expect them to finish a lot better but still out of the playoffs. My point was if a team has to be bad this would be the year to do it because McDavid and Eichel are the best draft picks since Crosby. I mean they are so good the nhl had to change the odds in order to prevent teams from tanking.

Point taken. We are going to have to rebuild eventually. The question is, do the Wings do that now or later. From the way management has been moving, it looks like they are going to be looking to make the playoffs again. I was not a fan of the Jarnkrok move at all.

No worries and to be honest I'm a bit shocked that the Oilers haven't turned it around but that Yakupov pick was a huge mistake. This is the first of season where they've tried to fix the defense and I expect them to finish a lot better but still out of the playoffs.My point was if a team has to be bad this would be the year to do it because McDavid and Eichel are the best draft picks since Crosby. I mean they are so good the nhl had to change the odds in order to prevent teams from tanking.

Except we aren't going to pick #1 or #2 unless we trade everyone of importance, which won't happen, making this an extreme tanking fantasy...

No worries and to be honest I'm a bit shocked that the Oilers haven't turned it around but that Yakupov pick was a huge mistake. This is the first of season where they've tried to fix the defense and I expect them to finish a lot better but still out of the playoffs. My point was if a team has to be bad this would be the year to do it because McDavid and Eichel are the best draft picks since Crosby. I mean they are so good the nhl had to change the odds in order to prevent teams from tanking.

Point taken. We are going to have to rebuild eventually. The question is, do the Wings do that now or later. From the way management has been moving, it looks like they are going to be looking to make the playoffs again. I was not a fan of the Jarnkrok move at all.

Yeah at some point it's going to happen and I really hope a very good top 5 pick will be available by then.

I didn't like the Jarnkrok deal at first soon after a while I've hated it and still do. Also it looks like he won't be going back to play for Frolunda. Holland really blew that trade if you trade him package the guy for a defensemen : -(

Treading water can be dangerous as shown by Vancouver, Calgary and the late millennium Oilers (Questions about Sather started at that time although he was a god before he just ran out of ideas).

If this team would have still been in the west they wouldn't even sniff at the playoffs, so I guess Holland should be thankful for the weaker east.

Edited by frankgrimes