• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Ice Bucket ALS Challenge: Bettman edition

Rate this topic

Dammit Bettman. I can't keep telling people that you're a Muppet if you keep doing things like this, which make you look like an honorable and respectful human...

Glad to see how this whole challenge is raising awareness of ALS.

Fun Fact: Bettman used the tears of fans in his ice bucket challenge. pic.twitter.com/qUeXmQz8oX

BvCUHJ9CAAAnvOK.png

Since he's proving to be such a good sport, I nominate Gary Bettman for the #NextTimeTheCBAExpiresStartTheSeasonOnTimeChallenge

So initially the idea was you either donated money to ALS research organizations, or you poured a bucket of water on your head. I love how this is catching like wild-fire, but I hope some of these people are sending a check in the mail, too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/ice-bucket-challenge-fundraising_n_5668602.html

Yep. It's doing some good!

Dan Cleary accepted the challenge. I like that he put up the info for donating online. I haven't seen anyone do that yet.

UGH. I hate what this re-signing has done to people's (myself included) perception of Cleary. That video just made me want to hug him and beg him to retire.

Also, did anyone else notice he referred to himself as "Danny?" :lol:

Very classy move by Danny Cleary. This video seems to highlight why the Wings felt he is such a great locker room presence. Huge kudos for putting up the donation information and putting together a professionally done video that may end up getting some airplay down the road to help the cause.

UGH. I hate what this re-signing has done to people's (myself included) perception of Cleary. That video just made me want to hug him and beg him to retire.

Also, did anyone else notice he referred to himself as "Danny?" :lol:

I HATE the signing, but after watching tons of Wings videos this summer, I must say if Cleary was as good a player as he is a person, he would win the Hart Trophy this season. I truly hope he proves us all wrong and has a bounce back season.

Bettman is still the Anti-Christ. Nothing that man does at this point can undo the wrongs that happened under his rule.

I'll be honest, the Cleary video is making me want to pull for him to have a huge bounceback season. He did a lot for this team, and it would, in some ways, be nice if he had a great year to justify the signing (though I accept the loyalty given, even if I'm not thrilled about it, not following up may have had worse ramifications down the road) and let him (hopefully) finish up on a high note rather than as the near pariah he became last season.

Bettman is still the poison dwarf, and while I ROFL'd at the fans' tears photohop, maybe the guy does have a shred of decency in him.

When we go back to in-service on Thurs, I'm going to speak to my principal about doing something like this with the school and on the District web page. I'll take the first bucket and get our dress down fund to donate if he is on board.

Guest Playmaker

This is such a surreal position to be in. Thanks PlayMaker and everyone.

Thanks to you, T. Your attitude is amazing. I got involved with ALS charities two years ago after a close friend was diagnosed. If you have a favorite charity near your home, by all means, don't be shy. Let us know. I'm in Michigan and do the ALS walks here. But if there's a local chapter or a specific charity that you'd prefer, post the info on it.

Think of all the money that'd be raised if the posters here had to donate a dollar for every time they bashed Cleary, criticized Holland, complained about Franzen, etc :)

At first, I thought it was filmed in front of his summer cottage.

The better news, from CBC:

It began as a competitive pursuit among professional golfers to draw awareness to ALS. Now the "Ice Bucket Challenge" has swept North American social media and is translating into millions of dollars in new donations to battle the disease.

The ALS Association said Monday it has received $15.6 million in donations since July 29, an eight-fold spike over the $1.8 million donated during the same period last year.

The association said this summer's donations have come from existing donors as well as more than 300,000 new donors.