• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

NHL 15

Rate this topic

I was originally going to purchase an Xbox One and NHL 15 the same day, with the news that there will be no EASHL, I won't be purchasing NHL 15 this year at all.

I run a team for an organized EASHL league, and it's about the only mode I play. With the announcement that it will not be in 15 on next gen consoles, I really don't have much reason anymore to buy it, and i'm pretty annoyed to be honest.

The league I am in may do NHL 15 on the 360 next season because it will still contain EASHL, and i'm still deciding if I will pick it up because I know how minimal the differences will be compared to NHL 14 and I don't know if I want to support EA for another $60 this year after this decision.

Im in the same boat...

Was waiting on gettng the Xbox one for when NHL came out but now with the removal of EASHL I guess I'll just be buying UFC or NBA 2k..

Its actually so frustrating, classic EA to remove the best game mode so they can likely advertise it next year as a grand return for marketing. Its not a surprise that the biggest money grab in HUT is going nowhere...

Been getting this game on pre order since 06 and this will be the first year I bail out

Oh but of course their cash cow HUT will still be there, so they can have their $20 player card pack deals and bank on those every week.

EA has proven time and time again that money is top priority.

I've been playing versus since Sega Genesis hockey games. For me it's run it's course, that's why I loved EASHL so much because it was an entirely different way to play the game. With full human control, there is no "glitching" or exploiting the AI goaltender all game with short side high corner goals that go in 100% of the time if you shoot from the right area of the ice. With the human element there, 6 human players versus 6 human players, it's true competition and team work to succeed and win games.

NHL 13 and 14 combined, I had about 2,700 EASHL games played, got my Legend 3 card within the first 6 weeks of the games release and played it around 5 times a week. Now I gotta find something new to binge out on when i'm bored at night and looking to game.

People are upset about the missing game modes. I could care less because the only thing I play is online versus. The demo was pretty solid, not too sure I like the dynamic camera (which I'm sure you can turn off) but the physics seem like they are pretty solid and the gameplay is good so far. I can't wait to get home.

Don't buy it.

Felt bad even purchasing it because I knew it was going to be a flop, and it is.

Don't even want to elaborate, lol

agreed, i feel like the whole game aside from graphics took a huge step back. and having to listen to eddie and doc every game i play just angers me further. on a side note i hate how every time you touch a player or get touched it is some bone crushing check

I think this is literally the worst year for NHL gaming since the release of NHL Faceoff on the original Playstation. It's definitely the worst two version of the game in the last 8 years or so, EA is going to take a major hit for this one, fans are fuming, the reviews have been pretty awful. I for one am disappointed with their transition this year, especially with it being a new generation of consoles and they decided to eliminate 80% of the content, features, and game modes.

Literally the only positive is the graphics. The AI is still terrible, and the stick handling has become more robotic/automatic and just doesn't feel creative.

The only mode that offers any replay value in HUT has become harder to maintain with bad menus as well. You'd think only having one mode they would atleast put some added effort into it.

Goals look 100X better at first, but like every other NHL game they become repetetive

For the most part, I like the gameplay. I also only play online versus, so I didn't lose my game mode(s). However, I'm started to agree more with the watered-down-crowd. They seem to have skipped the details in this game, something as simple as replays of goals after games. Now if I want to see a goal I scored, I have to watch the replay right after it happens otherwise I can't. I used to be able to skip (so my opponent doesn't rage quit) and watch them later. I had 3 breakaway goals last night and didn't get to watch any of them.

The hitting is also driving me crazy. It's too easy to hit and every hit seems catastrophic.

The annual glitches started coming out for me today. Some guy kept firing clappers from the corner and they went in about 25% of the time. Give it enough time and everyone will be doing them once they catch on.

This was an issue in NHL 14 also, if you skate up the ice and through the circles going at a wide and bad angle, and release a slapshot between the bottom of the circle and the goalie line aiming high short side it will go in 90% of the time if executed properly. My friend has shown me a video of a guy he played against in HUT that went 5 for 6 attempting this shot from the same spot in the same game.

It is also insanely easy to score on the one timer if you aim your shot at the direction the pass came from, the goalie always over-commits.

I just discovered, on the Xbox One version of NHL 15, if you unlock the achievement titled "Home Ice Advantage" by winning 25+ home games in one season of be a GM mode (You can select a top team like the Kings and sim the entire season and have this unlock easily) the achievement art is a back row view of Joe Louis Arena ice, with the Wings championship banners, Scoreboard, the giant hanging purple octopi, and full view of the ice.

What you can now do is make achievement art as your dashboard background, so you can select this pic and have Joe Louis Arena with Red Wings goodness as your backdrop. When you go to Apps and Achievements, click on NHL 15 and find this unlocked achievement and hit A on it. What follows is a menu to "Set as background" to make this picture your permanent dashboard art.

I just discovered, on the Xbox One version of NHL 15, if you unlock the achievement titled "Home Ice Advantage" by winning 25+ home games in one season of be a GM mode (You can select a top team like the Kings and sim the entire season and have this unlock easily) the achievement art is a back row view of Joe Louis Arena ice, with the Wings championship banners, Scoreboard, the giant hanging purple octopi, and full view of the ice.

What you can now do is make achievement art as your dashboard background, so you can select this pic and have Joe Louis Arena with Red Wings goodness as your backdrop. When you go to Apps and Achievements, click on NHL 15 and find this unlocked achievement and hit A on it. What follows is a menu to "Set as background" to make this picture your permanent dashboard art.

Do you have a picture of what it looks like?

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Image/nhl-15-joe-louis-arena.jpg

Thats the image you get when you unlock the achievement and can set as your background. Granted the tiles take up a lot of the middle and you can't see too much of it, but around the border you can see the Wings banners and whatnot. It's cooler than having just a solid color as your backdrop.