• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Son of a Wing

Lidstrom honoured today with plaque next to Yzerman

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I had a chance to go the HHOF when I was about 22. Back then, I was a much bigger hockey fan than I am today (I watched every game televised), but I didn't know as much about the game's history and its players. Sure, I knew Gretzky, Howe, Richard, etc, but not that much otherwise.

Nine years later, I don't watch as much hockey anymore (thanks Bettman), but I'd love to go back to the HHOF, because I know more about the game's history and the players who are enshrined there. I would appreciate it more.

Anyway, that's what I thought when I saw Lidstrom's plaque. That and the fact that it looks more like Clint Eastwood than Lidstrom. ;)

haroldsnepsts and 55fan like this

So much deserved but the plague doesn't do him justice he isn't that old right now. Godstrom please develop a time machine and come back 10 years younger we need you !

Edited by frankgrimes

Nick looks older than Sid Abel, there... well deserved honor, of course, but what a shame not to do him justice with the image on the plaque. Oh, well, everybody's a critic. ;)

nice honor. I am still mad the relationship with Sergei went south or he would be right there with those two.

He deserves it (she said, enlightening no one). I wasn't too crazy about how his face looked there either, but I guess they have to do the best they can with limited 3-d.