• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Zetterberg Foundation fundraiser

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't find that price to be out of line at all. It's actually quite reasonable. I think Max Scherzer of the Tigers was charging like 3 thousand to play fantasy football with him and a few of his team mates.

Guest DeGraa55

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't find that price to be out of line at all. It's actually quite reasonable. I think Max Scherzer of the Tigers was charging like 3 thousand to play fantasy football with him and a few of his team mates.

Close ten grand.

I agree. Yes it's expensive, but the point is to raise money for his charity after all.

Guest DeGraa55

Such events are not for us they are for people with a lot of money I mean 500 for Z is like 4 dollar for normal people.

No different then going to a michigan game...me personally is rather go to a game for that price but whatever.

No different then going to a michigan game...me personally is rather go to a game for that price but whatever.

The only thing is, you would have an opportunity to meet Z and possibly some other wings and fellow nhl players, so that could make it worth it.

Such events are not for us they are for people with a lot of money I mean 500 for Z is like 4 dollar for normal people.

Don't get me wrong I'm far from being against it I love this stuff.even it were 4000 everything that helps out those in need is a great thing. Just goes to show you what a great person he is, you would n never see your average soccer duvet or nba thug doing something like this.

So kudos to Z hope they make a lot of money

Don't get me wrong I'm far from being against it I love this stuff.even it were 4000 everything that helps out those in need is a great thing. Just goes to show you what a great person he is, you would n never see your average soccer duvet or nba thug doing something like this.So kudos to Z hope they make a lot of money

What makes you think this type of thing is exclusive to nhl players?

Guest DeGraa55

Down to earth guys, loaded with money who seem to really care about others not so lucky and REALLY wanting to help out no only when the cameras are there.

I'm no NBA fan at all but it's foolish to think only nhl players donate money to charity.

I hate lebron but you know "his decision" that was on Espn. All money made went to charity. So good did come from him stroking his ego.

Down to earth guys, loaded with money who seem to really care about others not so lucky and REALLY wanting to help out no only when the cameras are there.

Plenty of other professional athletes do this all the time I'm sure. You're going to tell me the nil doesn't have any selfish people? Lol! Or is that no other sport has unselfish people? As far as I'm concerned every sport has a mix of both, but the bigger the sport (hockey being at the bottom of the ratings pool) the more exposure certain types of players get.

I'm no NBA fan at all but it's foolish to think only nhl players donate money to charity.

I hate lebron but you know "his decision" that was on Espn. All money made went to charity. So good did come from him stroking his ego.

Ok I'll try to rephrase it, nhl players are doing without exposure because they want to. Didn't know about this guy before but if he did give money to charity good for him.

Every sport has selfish people but there are tons off stories where nhlers are going out of their way to make someone's life better and help out wherever they can.

Edited by frankgrimes

I've planed a fundraiser before, and trust me when I tell you their can be a lot of overhead with these types of events. It may seem like a lot per ticket, but at the end of the day the purpose is to raise money. If you charge to little and barely make a profit for the charity, it defeats the entire purpose of putting on the event.

It does suck for people that can't afford it, but it is what it is. As long as the charity maximizes its profits, its a good thing.