• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Nice article on Mantha

Rate this topic

It's exceptionally rare for a prospect of Mantha's stature to be able to play a full season of pro hockey and not even have it count against his ELC.

Similar thing happened with Tatar's contract. Hence why his ELC lasted from 2009-14.

Edited by Son of a Wing

Soooo apparently if Mantha plays less than 10 NHL games, his entry-level deal doesn't even start until next year...

Source

That's quite the loophole...

There is absolutely no way KH is going to not take advantage of the "free year" of development.

So, 9 games is all we get this year, folks.

There is absolutely no way KH is going to not take advantage of the "free year" of development.

It wouldn't be all that much of a bad thing tbh. Give Mantha virtually a full year to adjust to the pro game and then start tearing it up, while the Wings gain a free year of his deal.

That way, when he does start on the NHL roster guaranteed in 15-16, he'll be much better than he is now.

I'm pretty sure we burned a year of Dekeyser's contract in 2012-13 when we kept him up at the end the year even though the "smart" business decision would have been to send him to GR.

I'm pretty sure we burned a year of Dekeyser's contract in 2012-13 when we kept him up at the end the year even though the "smart" business decision would have been to send him to GR.

Yes, but Dekeyser is an underpaid god amongst men, deserving of 4 million a year, and is a future #1 D unless Holland F's it up someho. Don't you pay attention PVD?

Alright, that means his $1.5 million bonus won't kick in right? Sorry wrong guy.

But I'm ok with it, I never thought he was gonna actually be in the lineup anyways, so this is actually a silver lining

That team could ill-afford to keep DeKeyser down then. Between the injuries and porous defense, the Wings needed DeKeyser to even make the playoffs. Babs said after that they probably don't get in without DeKeyser around. That's a pretty rare example of the Wings not opting to bury a player in Grand Rapids and it would have been a colossal failure to do so.

That team could ill-afford to keep DeKeyser down then. Between the injuries and porous defense, the Wings needed DeKeyser to even make the playoffs. Babs said after that they probably don't get in without DeKeyser around. That's a pretty rare example of the Wings not opting to bury a player in Grand Rapids and it would have been a colossal failure to do so.

Add into that equation the fact that Babs also said that if DeKeyser hadn't got injured, we'd probably beaten Chicago.