• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Nice article on Mantha

Rate this topic

Your excuse to use a Zoidberg quote is amusing ( I like)

Tats and Gus have done their time. Jurco and Mantha as #1 call ups in my mind is perfect. When injuries roll in they will play. Could be 20 games, could be 60. You never know these days.

I don't see Jurco and Mantha as overhyped at all. Normally that isn't a comment you can make until after they either live up to the hype or do not, but I'm suggesting they aren't overhyped simply because I really don't hear much about them at all outside of this site. That's not to suggest I don't see or hear anything, but not to the extent that I would typically see from a player that is being "hyped".

On this site....yeah, probably overhyped...but that's normal and happens year after year after year. I'm assuming it is no different on any other discussion board.

I don't see Jurco and Mantha as overhyped at all. Normally that isn't a comment you can make until after they either live up to the hype or do not, but I'm suggesting they aren't overhyped simply because I really don't hear much about them at all outside of this site. That's not to suggest I don't see or hear anything, but not to the extent that I would typically see from a player that is being "hyped".

On this site....yeah, probably overhyped...but that's normal and happens year after year after year. I'm assuming it is no different on any other discussion board.

Mantha is probably the most hyped Wings prospect in a long time. Jurco I consider hyped because during his draft year his skill videos kept popping up everywhere on the internets and he came to be a known prospect. Still can't believe we got him in the 2nd round.

I liked the end of this video when Fischer is speaking. He says: "He needs to send a direct message to Zberg and Datsyuk, cause they're going to be watching, that WOW this kid is coming from junior (but) I want him on my line"

If I'm Babs that's everything. If Hank and Pavs say wow this kid is good I want to play with him, play him. If not, AHL till callup.

Anthony Mantha of Detroit Red Wings could jump straight to NHL [NHL.com]

"We feel that we have something special in Anthony Mantha," Draper said. "We want him to make the team. We want him to come out and light it up in training camp and preseason games. We open up against Boston and can put a guy out there who is 6-foot-4 on our first line. We would love that. The opportunity is going to be there and it's up to him to embrace it."

Edited by Dabura

They said Helm is going to play on Datsyuk's wing. They havent confirmed where Zetts is playing yet as far as I know. Whether that's center or wing probably depends on Weiss. Its all speculation at this point.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Dats, Zetts, Weiss and Sheahan down the middle. You could roll 4 lines pretty comfortably and spread out the scoring.

They said Helm is going to play on Datsyuk's wing. They havent confirmed where Zetts is playing yet as far as I know. Whether that's center or wing probably depends on Weiss. Its all speculation at this point.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Dats, Zetts, Weiss and Sheahan down the middle. You could roll 4 lines pretty comfortably and spread out the scoring.

I thought that was just for practice though.

Guest DeGraa55

I personally like seeing the euro twins split up. I don't like being so top heavy. Those two make the other two players with them better.

I've said it before, but I really want Mantha on Pavel's wing. Throughout his junior career, people have complained that he doesn't dominate play - Malik even complained about it after the first prospects game (after he scored 2 goals :lol: ). Those who watch him closely say this is because his style of play doesn't involve chasing round the O-zone, but rather waiting for the puck to come to him and then taking advantage. Rather like Brett Hull used to be with Pav - hanging round the slot while the kids mucked around in the corners, the puck would suddenly come free and there was an open Brett Hull firing a shot on net.

Sounds like Mantha has the shot, and the awareness (and the size, and the skating) to be a perfect foil to Pav.

I've said it before, but I really want Mantha on Pavel's wing. Throughout his junior career, people have complained that he doesn't dominate play - Malik even complained about it after the first prospects game (after he scored 2 goals :lol: ). Those who watch him closely say this is because his style of play doesn't involve chasing round the O-zone, but rather waiting for the puck to come to him and then taking advantage. Rather like Brett Hull used to be with Pav - hanging round the slot while the kids mucked around in the corners, the puck would suddenly come free and there was an open Brett Hull firing a shot on net.

Sounds like Mantha has the shot, and the awareness (and the size, and the skating) to be a perfect foil to Pav.

Let's not hope Babcock tries to turn him into a defenseman..../ sarcasm

I can see your point... Let him be fed and rack up points; Ya think he could put up more points playing with Pavs and Hank versus Abby?

Let's not hope Babcock tries to turn him into a defenseman..../ sarcasm

I can see your point... Let him be fed and rack up points; Ya think he could put up more points playing with Pavs and Hank versus Abby?

My left shoe could put up more points than Abby playing with z and d.

Soooo apparently if Mantha plays less than 10 NHL games, his entry-level deal doesn't even start until next year...

Source

If a player aged 18 or 19 signs an entry-level contract with a club (with his age calculated on Sept. 15 of the year he signed the contract) but does not play in at least 10 NHL games, the contract will "slide" or be extended one year. The extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between Sept. 16 and Dec. 31 in the year he signed the contract.
Depending on the contract's structure, the player's cap hit can be affected either by an increase or a decrease. Players who sign at age 18 can have their contract extended (or "slide") two seasons.
CBA reference: Section 9.1 (d) (P. 23-24)

That's quite the loophole...