• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

2014 Preseason Thread

Rate this topic

I wanted to put this in its own thread but decided to post here instead. I just wanted to comment on how awesome it is that the organization has fully embraced social media, and particularly the "all-access" philosophy they seem to have developed. Between the Red Wings and Griffins Youtube channels I've watched behind the scenes videos of last year's playoffs, development camp, the prospect tournament, and now main camp, along with individual profiles of many of the up and coming guys as well as Wings regulars. In each case the footage was more insightful and better made than the hyper-dramatic, scripted, crap that we were fed on 24/7 last year. No B.S., all hockey. Exactly what I want.

Kudos to the organization for giving fans an absolutely massive amount of media to help get them through the long offseason.

Edited by kipwinger

I wanted to put this in its own thread but decided to post here instead. I just wanted to comment on how awesome it is that the organization has fully embraced social media, and particularly the "all-access" philosophy they seem to have developed. Between the Red Wings and Griffins Youtube channels I've watched behind the scenes videos of last year's playoffs, development camp, the prospect tournament, and now main camp, along with individual profiles of many of the up and coming guys as well as Wings regulars. In each case the footage was more insightful and better made than the hyper-dramatic, scripted, crap that we were fed on 24/7 last year. No B.S., all hockey. Exactly what I want.

Kudos to the organization for giving fans an absolutely massive amount of media to help get them through the long offseason.

Couldn't agree more, even if all those prospect profiles just served to over hype everyone in my eyes!!

from Damien Cox of Sportsnet,

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wings-hope-datsyuk-injury-not-an-ominous-sign/

If Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg can have some semblance of health.

If Jimmy Howard inserts himself into the Vezina conversation.

If Gustav Nyquist (28 goals in 57 games) truly is an elite NHL scorer and Tomas Tatar can take the next step.

If Mike Babcock, who carries 415 wins and two Stanley Cups into this season, re-signs either before the season or, if he doesn’t, doesn’t become as a sideshow during the campaign.

If Anthony Mantha really is a beast and can bounce back from a fractured right tibia suffered in rookie camp.

If 2013 free agent addition Stephen Weiss (sports hernia) can make some kind of contribution.

Are these the things that worry you the most?

Edited by e_prime

from Damien Cox of Sportsnet,

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wings-hope-datsyuk-injury-not-an-ominous-sign/

Are these the things that worry you the most?

Here is a more exciting preview from Sportsnet.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-preview-detroit-red-wings/

Biggest story line to watch: Can the kids grow up quickly enough to keep Mike Babcock around? The best coach in the business is in the final year of his contract, and while he’s said all the right things about staying (and GM Ken Holland has echoed him), if the team can’t improve on last season’s just-scraping-into-the-playoffs effort, he might go somewhere that offers him a better chance at a Cup. That said, there’s a lot of talent here, and if there’s a man to get the most of it, it’s Babcock.

2014-15 prediction: A slow start turns into a rolling finish as the Grand Rapids kids infiltrate the lineup even further and the Wings start simply outskating opponents with one of the league’s youngest lineups. They run through the first two rounds in six games each and find themselves tied 2-2 in the third period of Game 7 against the Penguins with a spot in the Stanley Cup Final on the line.

Sorry if it's not doom-and-gloomy enough to scratch that itch, people.

Hmmm, good question. You take a stab at answering it and then I'll do the same lol.

Like the people who say lindstrom, or whyzerman.

This is how my conversation with those people usually go.

them: You guys must really miss lindstrom

me: Nope never heard of him

Them: He was one of the best dmen of all time. you must not be a true fan.

Me: highly doubt it, the wings have never had a player named LINDstrom on the team... *walks away*

Edited by Euro_Twins

Like the people who say lindstrom, or whyzerman.

This is how my conversation with those people usually go.

them: You guys must really miss lindstrom

me: Nope never heard of him

Them: He was one of the best dmen of all time. you must not be a true fan.

Me: highly doubt it, the wings have never had a player named LINDstrom on the team... *walks away*

Everybody talks about Lindstrom. 0:44

I'm pretty sure its Brandon and Lindstrom

Wrong. And you call yourself a fan. Anyone that has been a fan for more than two seasons can tell you it's Breendanne and Lidastromame.

I'm pretty sure its Brandon and Lindstrom

Wrong. And you call yourself a fan. Anyone that has been a fan for more than two seasons can tell you it's Breendanne and Lidastromame.

Edit: I got so enraged I posted twice. What would Sergey Federov think?! Utter shame.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Edit: I got so enraged I posted twice. What would Sergey Federov think?! Utter shame.

Real fans don't care about the opinions of swedes like Federov. I get my info from good ol' Canadian boys like Mike-y Redman and Don Cherrios.

He's young and cocky.

Wait until he's about 35 and godwilling he's a solid top pairing d man and all that cockiness will have turned to confidence, and if he still has his smile everyone will love him.

We just don't get to see young cocky kids too often in our organization.

Young players are one thing, but they usually don't speak enough English to annoy us.

Ha.

Just my opinion.