• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

I'd thought we would get one going.

The room's all set up and we're ready to go as training camp kicks off today! #ATTExtCov

Team Delvecchiio on ice to start Wings training camp. Tatar has replaced injured Mantha on line with Datsyuk and Helm.

IF Alfredsson isn't ready to go, and it's looking more and more like he won't be, and IF Jurco starts the season in Detroit, I'd love to see our top two lines as...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Jurco

OR

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Jurco

Nyquist - Franzen - Tatar

I used to walk in every year in training camp," Babcock reiterated Thursday on the eve of training camp, "and tell them the tie goes to the veteran."

Not anymore.

"Ties goes to the best player," Babcock said. "If you're ready to play, we got a young group, you're playing. We'll find a way to do that."

Article

Actions speak louder than words Babs...

Team Lindsay on the ice for practice, D pairs are Kronwall-Ericsson, Rome-Sproul, Evans-Jensen (Wheaton rotating in).

Lines for Team Lindsay: Nyquist-Weiss-Abdelkader, Jurco-Sheahan-Ferraro, Verrier-Nosek-Nestrasil, Barnes-Zengerle-Clarke

I just said the same thing on Mlive's comment section. I really can't think of a single time in which this has been true.

Isn't that what Babcock is saying though? Up until now he's given the jobs to the veterans, this training camp he's giving it to the best player. This being the first season with this philosophy, he's hardly had a chance to go back on it.

Isn't that what Babcock is saying though? Up until now he's given the jobs to the veterans, this training camp he's giving it to the best player. This being the first season with this philosophy, he's hardly had a chance to go back on it.

I think we all agree that's what he's saying. Our point is that "actions speak louder than words". I'll believe it when I see it.

Additionally, it's a little bit of double speak by Babs anyway. In years past he's said "tie goes to the veteran". But there was no tie when they kept Nyquist down a year ago. He was legitimately BETTER than any number of forwards on our team. Likewise Jurco is currently BETTER than any number of forwards. So even if Babs hadn't "changed philosophy", those guys should still have been (or be) in the lineup because they're not tied with guys...they're already better.

More interested than anything else to see how Weiss is doing

This is a great point. Weiss was a disappointment and his name gets lost in the shuffle a bit, but his health and ability this season actually have a huge impact on this team. If he returns to form, the Wings are already MUCH better off than last season.

Imagine being a kid and seeing Z hit the ice and cheering your face off, and then Cleary jumps on with him and you just cry... I just witnessed that reaction. It may or may not have been from myself. I also may or may not be an adult.

On another note, look at that boxscore: Glendening, Wheaton and Llewelyn. Snipesville.

Edit: "Jurco just got hit in leg by Quincey shot during scrimmage...should be good but that will sting"

Quincey's already back to endearing himself to Wings fans all over.

Edited by Jesusberg

Lol even in training camp people are getting angry that Cleary is on the "top line" there is literally three teams, all they are doing is getting back into game shape, it's not like it's the last 10 games and our playoff hopes are on the line here. Calm down everyone, it will be okay

Guest DeGraa55

Z with Mule and Cleary

Q and Smith are together

Two of the worst things that could ever happen to this team....

His statement is that there approach is now different. Of course there isn't any examples - it's a future proclamation.

For the second time, I realize that. Which is precisely why I'd need for him to prove it, this year, in training camp. Because it hasn't ever been true before. Even in the past, when the rule was "tie goes to the veteran", the ostensible rule was that in situations NOT TIED, the best player would play. But that wasn't the case either. So for all of posterity, I get it. Babs says the best player will play. Prove it.