• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

8 Legged RedWing

9/22/14 7:00 PM. Preseason GDT - DET 2 @ PIT 1

Rate this topic

things learned - hornqvist is the only name these commentators know and wouldn't shut up to the point where they managed to overrate him

sproul is tough as nails

pens are looking to play dirty this season

wings pp and pk were pretty good

mrazek looked great

none of the GR forwards look ready to make the jump

Datsyuk left the game in the 3rd after taking a hit by Scuderi and going into the corner of the glass at the end of the bench. Looked like he banged up his shoulder. I guess we'll wait for Ansar Khan to update...

he caught his skate on the ice and torqued his knee awkwardly too. wasn't sure which it was

Per Mlive. "A Red Wings spokesman said Datsyuk left with a shoulder injury and will be re-evaluated Tuesday"

Damn.

here we go already we start with this! remember when pavel used to take a hit to give a hit.. now its like he isnt even ready for hits and thats what is throwing him off. he needs to be more prepared, everyone is out to label him on the boards etc.. come on pavel wake up!

Just got back from the game. My 6 year old was a very good road fan for us chanting "Lets Go Wings" for every single "Lets Go Pens". A kid across the aisle from us was waving a terrible towel and he waved it at my son when the Pens scored. When Datsyuk scored, he goes "Not waving that towel now huh?!" I was in shock, he's usually pretty mild mannered, but he was really getting into it. Everyone around us just laughed, except the kid with the towel. Here are a few good pics I got:

qPCGC25.png

NcEDHiv.png

jPIB4Lu.png

LfKNcJt.png

uG3s9Fp.png

uyAhm8I.png

^Awesome kid! Hopefully he sees some cups soon! If he is 6 I'm guessing he doesn't remember '08 - if he was even born yet - but he has the Pens hate that 08' and '09 bred.

He doesn't remember it, but I tell him about it all the time. He was born during that season. So I always tell him the Wings won the Cup in Pittsburgh the year he was born.

Just got back from the game. My 6 year old was a very good road fan for us chanting "Lets Go Wings" for every single "Lets Go Pens". A kid across the aisle from us was waving a terrible towel and he waved it at my son when the Pens scored. When Datsyuk scored, he goes "Not waving that towel now huh?!" I was in shock, he's usually pretty mild mannered, but he was really getting into it. Everyone around us just laughed, except the kid with the towel. Here are a few good pics I got:

qPCGC25.png

NcEDHiv.png

jPIB4Lu.png

LfKNcJt.png

uG3s9Fp.png

uyAhm8I.png

6 is such a great age. Glad you and the boy had a good time!

He doesn't remember it, but I tell him about it all the time. He was born during that season. So I always tell him the Wings won the Cup in Pittsburgh the year he was born.

You, good sir, are awesome. Warms my heart to see another young Wings fan getting into it. Cool custom jersey he's got too.

Didn't see the game nor the highlights, but loved the names on the scoresheet!