• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

8 Legged RedWing

9/22/14 7:00 PM. Preseason GDT - DET 2 @ PIT 1

Rate this topic

I'm on my phone at work so I can't post any graphics or anything but there is officially a Red Wings game today. Preseason or not I figured we should have a place to discuss the game.

If anyone has a roster to post for today please do. I'm curious to see whose playing.

AWesome.

If anyone has a good stream can you pm me the link?

Im jonesin to see some red wings hockey, preseason or not.

On the NHL site on the schedule there is a channel listed showing the game tonight. I do not know what the channel is, but that means that there should be a stream made available online tonight. Of course I am staying in Europe for the year, but I will still be staying up late with the time difference to watch my Red Wings games, pre- season included! Lets go Wings!

Darren Helm-Pavel Datsyuk-Tomas Tatar

Tomas Jurco-Riley Sheahan-Daniel Cleary

Drew Miller-Joakim Andersson-Martin Frk

Jeff Hoggan-Andreas Athanasiou-Colin Campbell

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Xavier Ouellet-Alexey Marchenko

Mattias Backman-Ryan Sproul

Jimmy Howard (first two periods)

Petr Mrazek (third period)

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/09/red_wings_top_four_defense_pro.html

For confirmation

hey hey, hockey's back!! :yahoo: LGW!

stoked that we get a chance to see the four young dmen (that should be ready to make the jump soonish) early on in the preseason..

and against an offensively minded team too.

I'm most excited to watch those four on defense, but I'm going to keep an eye on the Dats & Tats connection and how Cleary looks, too.

Don't forget Helm will be on that top line too. I've always said we could get more out of Helm if we put him on a scoring line. I guess this is his chance to show what he can do. That speed and Datsyuk's playmaking ability should be a killer.

The three guys I'm looking at tonight are Sproul, Frk, and Athanasiou. If Sproul can score some points he's got a wide open path onto the big club. While not the best all around defenseman out of the young guys, he's got the least competition because of his skill set. With Frk I'm just interested in seeing where his confidence level is after a poor showing last year. And I'm dying to see whether Athanasiou is really "Helm with Hands". Which is actually a misnomer since he'd be "Helm with Hands Plus Three Inches and 15 pounds".

The three guys I'm looking at tonight are Sproul, Frk, and Athanasiou. If Sproul can score some points he's got a wide open path onto the big club. While not the best all around defenseman out of the young guys, he's got the least competition because of his skill set. With Frk I'm just interested in seeing where his confidence level is after a poor showing last year. And I'm dying to see whether Athanasiou is really "Helm with Hands". Which is actually a misnomer since he'd be "Helm with Hands Plus Three Inches and 15 pounds".

Add in the fact that he's also a righty, and even though Marchenko is too, he's not coming off a high ankle sprain.

Add in the fact that he's also a righty, and even though Marchenko is too, he's not coming off a high ankle sprain.

Agreed. Marchenko is a righty, but he's not going to be expected to score so the side he shoots from matters a little less. And while he and Quellet are probably better all around (right now) than Sproul, they got to compete with each other plus Quincey, Dekeyser, Ericsson, and Lashoff for a spot. Sproul just has to be better than Kindl, or Smith, and he's got all the best attributes of both. He's as big as Kindl, as fast as Smith, a better shot than both and his only noticeably shortcoming is one that the two of them share as well. Plus, as you mentioned...he's a righty.

Edit: Lol. Just saw this. Check out Fischer at 2:09..."We bring him to development camp...he puts on some weight...he is a man now".

Edited by kipwinger

On the NHL site on the schedule there is a channel listed showing the game tonight. I do not know what the channel is, but that means that there should be a stream made available online tonight. Of course I am staying in Europe for the year, but I will still be staying up late with the time difference to watch my Red Wings games, pre- season included! Lets go Wings!

It looks like the local Pittsburgh station is broadcasting the game so hopefully there will be a stream out there. So stoked to finally watch a Wings game and check out the young D pairings.

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing how the first preseason game breaks down.

I'm working on a fresh new GDT that should be ready for the beginning of the regular season, as it ran last year, i'll plan on posting up when Hockeytown0001 is unable to.

Great to have hockey back, LETS GO WINGS!!