• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Datsyuk 2nd degree separated shoulder injury - out approx 4 weeks

Rate this topic

Only on LGW can you find this kind of reaction to 2 minor injuries in a simple preseason game that no one really cared about anyway.

Pavel will be fine. Give him a weeks rest and he's still got another week to get ready for the start of the season. A broken nose is a broken nose. Helm will get over it. Mantha's injury was a freak, but he probably wasn't going to make the roster straight away anyway. All that has done is just quietened everyone talking about him.

Fire the team doctors/trainers/masseuse

Bring in the coaches that coached that Korean team in "Best of the Best"

No, they need Alex Grady. He'd show these wimps how to play with an injured shoulder... "Pop it, Babcock! Pop it!"

Edited by Hairy Lime

I hope so.....but this is just what most user here were in fear of. Sure its not a conditioning thing, just a bad break, but so was when he got elbowed in the face and missed a lot of games last year, that was not a conditioning thing either. Ericsson is already out, Alfie is out (even though he isn't signed, but if he were healthy, he would be signed.) Barbie Doll Helm is living up to his reputation...again, not his fault, but a bad break, still he is a magnet of bad breaks, thus his reputation. I won't give it too long until Franzen, Howard, Gustavsson and at least one more defenseman is out as well with "bad breaks." That is just the way it went last season and so far we are well on our way to another injured season. Not to even mention what happened to Mantha, he most likely wouldn't have started in Detroit, but it doesn't hurt us any less... I wish that we were all wrong in our fears over the summer, and I still do. Its early, the injuries, although bad, don't seem to be season altering as of now, but I can just hear it now when Datsyuk is under-performing come January and its all due to the lingering shoulder injury....I hope not, but I am fearful everytime one of those players get hit....Z included...

Guest DeGraa55

I hope so.....but this is just what most user here were in fear of. Sure its not a conditioning thing, just a bad break, but so was when he got elbowed in the face and missed a lot of games last year, that was not a conditioning thing either. Ericsson is already out, Alfie is out (even though he isn't signed, but if he were healthy, he would be signed.) Barbie Doll Helm is living up to his reputation...again, not his fault, but a bad break, still he is a magnet of bad breaks, thus his reputation. I won't give it too long until Franzen, Howard, Gustavsson and at least one more defenseman is out as well with "bad breaks." That is just the way it went last season and so far we are well on our way to another injured season. Not to even mention what happened to Mantha, he most likely wouldn't have started in Detroit, but it doesn't hurt us any less... I wish that we were all wrong in our fears over the summer, and I still do. Its early, the injuries, although bad, don't seem to be season altering as of now, but I can just hear it now when Datsyuk is under-performing come January and its all due to the lingering shoulder injury....I hope not, but I am fearful everytime one of those players get hit....Z included...

BUT BUT BUT BUT it's just bad breaks it'll change!!! Lol

Thanks for saying everything so I don't have to.

I'm not saying we won't have any injuries. But you're picking at every little thing here. A broken nose won't stop helm from playing, a sore shoulder won't keep datsyuk out long. And mantha didn't even make the team yet. It's not even the regular season yet and everyone is in full on panic mode.

Well there are players that can, but I'm not talking about about them-- they would be too hard to get. There are however players that can substitute Pav for a week or two, while a minor injury heals.

the wings have enough talented young guys to fill the void for a week or two. they did it last year for essentially half the season

Problem is, with certain players, history has shown that these type of injuries linger. That's all. No Panic. Now if our young stars start falling down, panic. I am not worried about losing Helm, he is what he is and isn't that important to this team anymore. Howard and Franzen, when then get injured are in the same boat, are what they are, already peaked and are less important now than they once were. Datsyuk worries me when he gets injured and our kids as well....Z is a must to stay healthy.

Edited by LeftWinger

the wings have enough talented young guys to fill the void for a week or two. they did it last year for essentially half the season

Fill the void- as in put a warm body in the lineup? In that sense they do, but as far as a top six talent that's almost ready at the minor league level-even for a week or two? Other then Mantha, one isn't available. And if you think back to last year, how many 3rd and 4th liners did the Wings have play out of position. The depth as far as NHL ready players is there, the depth as far as top end talent is not quite there.

But it's way way to early in the season it discuss this, I'm going to enjoy the last couple quiet of weeks before the craziness starts up again.

Edited by wings87

Fill the void- as in put a warm body in the lineup? In that sense they do, but as far as a top six talent that's almost ready at the minor league level-even for a week or two? Other then Mantha, one isn't available. And if you think back to last year, how many 3rd and 4th liners did the Wings have play out of position. The depth as far as NHL ready players is there, the depth as far as top end talent is not quite there.

But it's way way to early in the season it discuss this, I'm going to enjoy the last couple quite of weeks before the craziness starts up again.

that is true, but you don't need top 6 talent to fill the void for a couple weeks during the regular season. but the playoffs are a different story...

Well, that's an appropriate start to continue the disaster of the off-season. I knew there was no way it was only going to be a week. Any time there is a speculated return date for an injured player for the Wings, you can pretty much at least triple it.

I guess the silver lining is Jurco practically has to make the team now. Which I hope means he plays so well they can't send him back down.

Edited by GoWings1905

I wonder what the are gonna do for lines now.

Nyquist-Z-franzen

Helm-Weiss-Tatar

Jurco-sheahan-Abby

Cleary-glenny-miller

Khan is reporting 4-5 weeks while st. James is reporting 2-4 so which is it??

I can't believe we already have to start mixing up lines, there's no grace period with this team. The only saving grace is that it's early. Plus you just know that Abby is going to end up on the first line.

I can't believe we already have to start mixing up lines, there's no grace period with this team. The only saving grace is that it's early. Plus you just know that Abby is going to end up on the first line.

I'm just very curious to see where Weiss is going when both pav and z are healthy.... Oh wait that will probably never happen. I also didn't realize a grade two separation was that long. I've played two days later on a grade one

I wonder what the are gonna do for lines now.

Nyquist-Z-franzen

Helm-Weiss-Tatar

Jurco-sheahan-Abby

Cleary-glenny-miller

Khan is reporting 4-5 weeks while st. James is reporting 2-4 so which is it??

maybe khan is just automatically doubling whatever timeframe ken holland says

Maybe he originally aggravated it on those fishing trips...seriously this is ridiculous. Out most of last season and plays one game and now out possibly a month? Hope these Reebok jerseys come padded with bubble wrap. I'm surprised Darren Helm hasn't broken anything causing him to miss the rest of the season upon hearing the news about Dats.

Edited by GoWings!

Absolutely sucks, maybe just maybe Holland finally signs someone who won't stand for that crap insatead of icing a declining pussysoft team every year ? Thought the FO would have learned from the Cowen story of last year, sadly not.

If you hit Kessel like that you reply to McLaren and Colton Orr, Flames have half a dozen guys for that stuff.

Helm, Pasha and Mantha already out that's disgusting. Get well soon Pasha