• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

9/23 Exhibition GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I was following the play by play for the game and noticed a lot of these:

13:43 Detroit Giveaway by Jakub Kindl in defensive zone

That's true, and I don't want to downplay it. But it also should be pointed out that Kindl and Dekeyser (or Lashoff and Dekeyser) is nothing close to a top pair. And yet were forced to play as one against one of the better top six teams in the league. And we still only lost 2-1 in OT.

So while we should definitely not make excuses for anyone. We should put it into context. Kindl was bad. But not so bad that it kept us out of the game. Hell, if Pulkkinen does what he's supposed to and buries that open netter we win the game in regulation. So there's that.

I was following the play by play for the game and noticed a lot of these:

13:43 Detroit Giveaway by Jakub Kindl in defensive zone

That's true, and I don't want to downplay it. But it also should be pointed out that Kindl and Dekeyser (or Lashoff and Dekeyser) is nothing close to a top pair. And yet were forced to play as one against one of the better top six teams in the league. And we still only lost 2-1 in OT.

So while we should definitely not make excuses for anyone. We should put it into context. Kindl was bad. But not so bad that it kept us out of the game. Hell, if Pulkkinen does what he's supposed to and buries that open netter we win the game in regulation. So there's that.

I missed the game, sucks to hear Pulkkinen missed a great opportunity. I like that kid a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest DeGraa55

Lol. Did either of them even throw a punch?

I think you're jumping the gun a little bit. Those pairs last night will never play in real games together. Kindl with Dekeyser, only to be replaced with Lashoff and Dekeyser? You've got about a 0% chance of seeing those pairings outside of the preseason unless there are MASSIVE injuries again.

You really think that?

Kronwall Ericsson is a lock (I disagree with it)

Smith wuincey(any and every stat shows this is the worse possible pairing for smith so Babcock will keep them together).

Dekeyser and who? Kindl or lashoff...

You really think that?

Kronwall Ericsson is a lock (I disagree with it)

Smith wuincey(any and every stat shows this is the worse possible pairing for smith so Babcock will keep them together).

Dekeyser and who? Kindl or lashoff...

I think that Quincey and Dekeyser will be the second pair. Just like last year.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-Dekeyser

Smith-???

I don't necessarily agree, but I think that's what will happen. Babs likes Quincey a heck of a lot more than LGW does. Look at how he used him all year last season. There's a reason why he played all 82 games while guys like Smith, Kindl, and Lashoff where scratched at times. In Babs' mind, Quincey is a top four defenseman.

Smith 24 plus minutes, I know its preseason but look out for him this year

They said he was going to get a look on the powerplay, and we had about a million powerplays yesterday, so it doesn't really surprise me his totals are that high. But I wouldn't expect that to continue. That's getting close to Kronwall levels of ice time. And even with pp time I don't think Smith will see #1 d-man minutes.

It's an anomaly skewed by the number of powerplays we had. I'd imagine he'll be somewhere around 19-21 minutes a game most nights.

Nope it was a reflection on the comment above yours that said to look out for Smith this season.

Aha. I'll say this about Smith. For two years everybody around here has been talking about how Smith needs to get some PP time. For his confidence, for his numbers, etc. Supposedly he's going to get it this year.

Everybody knows I don't like Smith. That's no secret. Thus far in his career he's been an offensive defenseman who neither plays defense nor puts up points.

I'm willing to cut the guy a lot of slack if he shows he's an offensive defenseman who produces offense; something he hasn't done yet, but might with PP time. That's his role. That's why he was drafted. If he does that, I'll gladly overlook his boneheaded defensive miscues.

But woe to him if he gets PP time and still doesn't produce. At which point we should be able to agree that he's trash.

Aha. I'll say this about Smith. For two years everybody around here has been talking about how Smith needs to get some PP time. For his confidence, for his numbers, etc. Supposedly he's going to get it this year.

Everybody knows I don't like Smith. That's no secret. Thus far in his career he's been an offensive defenseman who neither plays defense nor puts up points.

I'm willing to cut the guy a lot of slack if he shows he's an offensive defenseman who produces offense; something he hasn't done yet, but might with PP time. That's his role. That's why he was drafted. If he does that, I'll gladly overlook his boneheaded defensive miscues.

But woe to him if he gets PP time and still doesn't produce. At which point we should be able to agree that he's trash.

In b4 Brandon Smythe is the next best offensive D-Man since Erick Karlensonn and Robbie Ore.

I'll indulge in the misspelled names joke just once...