• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
trule23

Babcock "I don't think it will be my final year here"

Rate this topic

Jesus, I hope he re-signs. Not because I'm convinced he's the bestest coach eva. But if he doesn't, people are going to lose theirf****** minds. George Malik will be the first to self immolate, such is his devotion to Babs. Likewise, half of LGW will commit seppuku in an act of allegiance to their fallen master.

I don't own a katana.

I didn't think Babcock was going anywhere before, and I'm more convinced of that now. I still wouldn't be utterly shocked if he left, all things considered. But the way the team is playing this year so far, and that he does seem to like being here, as he's said numerous times, I think a better man would be wise to put money on him staying with the Wings next year. I do think it's highly likely that he sticks to the one-year contracts he keeps talking about though.

Jesus, I hope he re-signs. Not because I'm convinced he's the bestest coach eva. But if he doesn't, people are going to lose theirf****** minds. George Malik will be the first to self immolate, such is his devotion to Babs. Likewise, half of LGW will commit seppuku in an act of allegiance to their fallen master.

That might be kind of entertaining. At the very least maybe Kukla would add a guy who does more than copy other people's work and complain about how tired he is.

What's the deal with this Bob Duff Guy? I don't think I'm familiar with his stuff. Is he usually more reputable? If he was just pulling this out of his ass, he would have to to know his credibility would take a hit.

That might be kind of entertaining. At the very least maybe Kukla would add a guy who does more than copy other people's work and complain about how tired he is.

Thank god someone else feels this way. His whole hypochondria schtick is the thing I like about him least. Seems like every post has some vague reference to some chronic ailment. Depression? He's got it. Bad back? You betcha. Arthritic knees? Why not?

None of that stops him from getting loaded with a bunch of coeds in Traverse City at training camp every year. Nada. Never a "chronic flair up" of any of his "conditions" when his readers are paying his way to hobnob with the Wings.

I can't stand Malik.

*sigh* as long as it doesn't come from the insiders all these rumors are just that rumors.

The media seems to have a hard time getting a simple fact:

Babcock won't negotiate during the season, period.

I'm already prepared to see him coaching Crosby & Co. next year

Just like when u were ready to see Datsyuk in Russia right?

*sigh* as long as it doesn't come from the insiders all these rumors are just that rumors.

The media seems to have a hard time getting a simple fact:Babcock won't negotiate during the season, period.

I'm already prepared to see him coaching Crosby & Co. next year

Just like when u were ready to see Datsyuk in Russia right?

Better than dreaming about him reupping here and then be disappointed when he signs with a contender.

With this strategy I can only be positive surprised as it was the case with Pasha

Better than dreaming about him reupping here and then be disappointed when he signs with a contender. With this strategy I can only be positive surprised as it was the case with Pasha

Are you saying that you intentionally believe unlikely things, so that when they don't happen you're happy about the surprise?

Because it sounds like you are.

In which case I wonder, why stop there? You could believe a whole host of horrible (and unlikely) things and then celebrate your good luck when they don't happen. Here's a couple...

1. I'm going to get eaten by a shark tomorrow.

2. Next Thursday my house will be poisoned by radon.

3. Racoons will abscond with my cat.

4. This year, I really will get a lump of coal for Christmas.

5. I'm probably already possessed by Satan (or perhaps some lesser imp).

Are you saying that you intentionally believe unlikely things, so that when they don't happen you're happy about the surprise?

In which case I wonder, why stop there? You could believe a whole host of horrible (and unlikely) things and then celebrate your good luck when they don't happen. Here's a couple...

I dont even know what abscond means, but that made me lol

Better than dreaming about him reupping here and then be disappointed when he signs with a contender. With this strategy I can only be positive surprised as it was the case with Pasha

That's not funny. My cat was abducted by raccoons and was never the same again.

So to prevent yourself from feeling disappointed, you feel negative and pessimistic all the time. How is that better?

Constantly posting about worst case scenario's as if they are inevitable facts is not a better way to go about things.

I don't care one way or the other. Don't know why someone would want to leave this organization for a worse one, but maybe he wants to be part of the "building" of a team in TO. s***sburgh on the other hand, sure, they have Cindy Lee and Cheap Shot Malkin The Rescinder, but the rest of the team is quite average, and goaltending is just as up and down as ours...if not worse. But no big deal, he can stay or he can go, he just becomes the enemy.

Guest DeGraa55

I don't know if Babcock will leave or not.

But I wonder now I'm an American so I don't know how it is for Canadiens. But isn't Toronto and Montreal like the PREMEIRE franchises in Canada?

Like not as in their quality(Toronto has been terrible). But as a kid don't you idolize one of those two teams?

Like here in michigan for college football for example there's three teams people idolized. Notre same, michigan and michigan state. So if you have the opportunity to go to one these schools you go without hesitation.

So is that the same for people in Canada? If you grow up dreaming of playing or coaching for Toronto or Montreal wouldn't you seize the opportunity?

Edited by DeGraa55

I suppose you are right. In Canada it's all about Toronto or Montreal in the NHL. So I can understand if that's the reason. Not that I care. If he leaves, he immediately becomes the enemy, doesn't matter where he goes. If he stays, then fine. Not that I necessarily WANT him to stay or nothing else, because I am sure there is a plan in place and we are still the Red Wings, with or without Babcock. It will most definitely be his loss not ours.

I don't know if Babcock will leave or not.

But I wonder now I'm an American so I don't know how it is for Canadiens. But isn't Toronto and Montreal like the PREMEIRE franchises in Canada?

Like not as in their quality(Toronto has been terrible). But as a kid don't you idolize one of those two teams?

Like here in michigan for college football for example there's three teams people idolized. Notre same, michigan and michigan state. So if you have the opportunity to go to one these schools you go without hesitation.

So is that the same for people in Canada? If you grow up dreaming of playing or coaching for Toronto or Montreal wouldn't you seize the opportunity?

Yes and No, while those 2 teams do have more history then any team Canadian (or American, maybe minus the Wings), it all depends on where you grow up. I'm sure someone from Western Canada would disagree.

Though, from my perspective (living in Ontario) I would agree with you.The Leafs are very polarizing (similar to the Yankees) the media cant stop talking about them and they have a die hard fan base. But they also have a ton of people who cant stand them due to the ridiculous amount of media they get.