• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/29 Exhibition GDT : Maple Leafs 0 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Jensen (3) looks real good. Cleary is skating much better than last year, but still seems to fall down often. Callahan is impressive. It looks like he'll become a responsible two-way player. He's probably the player I am most excited for the future. Weiss had a very good shift, and it made me laugh because I've never said that about Weiss. I don't have any opinions on Marchenko, Sproul or Oullet. Sheahan looks good as usual. The refs are calling way too many penalties, as usual.

Edited by themcityblues

Sheahan hasn't missed a step. I was worried he might turn out like Andersson after having a great rookie year

Same. He's just so good at holding onto the puck, he's smart and he's awesome at getting the puck to the next Wing. As a young guy he's sort of secured his job in a quiet yet remarkable way.

Edited by themcityblues

I think Cleary's trying to avoid detection. He's changed from 71 to 17 in hopes that no one will realize it's him. :lol:

"Hey guys, I didn't know Patrick Eaves was back from injury!"

or...

"Hey guys, I didn't know David Legwand was out of Babs' doghouse!"

Nice cheap shot on Weiss there. Be nice to see the PP convert.

It still pisses me of royally that Arby's only offers a free SMALL CURLY FRY if a Wing player gets a hat-track. Is that not the dumbest challenge to reward ratio ever? Compare that to the Taco Bell promotion here, where you get a free taco for every home run hit in baseball.

Never thought about it, but you have a point there.

Nosek missed a sweet chance there.

These refs are making a pre-season game even more unwatchable. Can we play hockey at some point?

Yeah, this is pretty bad. Bad for the fans, bad for the product itself. What the hell is this league thinking calling this stupid s***? I think it's a minor-deal to MISS a call (even as much as fans ***** about them), but I think it's a huge-problem to call penalty after penalty that don't exist (out of fear of missing calls?)

Mrazek solid

Was anyone else shocked that Reimer was back in net this year after what happened last year?

Surprised but not shocked. I think he took a better offer than he thought he'd get elsewhere.